How to improve diablo 2 - I need your feedback

I want socketing recipes:

Lesser Socketing: El + Magic Jewel + Skull + Item → adds 2 sockets to a magic items, 1 socket to a rare items.

Greater Socketing: El + Rare Jewel + Perfect Skull + Item → adds 4 sockets to magic, 2 to rare and crafted, 1 to set and unique item.

As for what problems it would address: all of them. It would increase the gear variety, it would improve the leveling experience, it would make WW good. Runewords would still be the best but they wouldn’t be the only good items anymore. Terrible melee skills would be more powerful due to better weapons being available. It would make sense to have MF in the endgame because it would raise the chance to find that OP magic War Pike.

Everything people complain about on this forum would be improved. Not fixed, not in every case. But improved.

I will use your suggestions, some good stuff there, thx PaChu.

I will be making list at the end of first post with suggestions ideas and issues people have. I will add one myself for now:

• Crossbows are not used much

How about a few new monsters.
We also need a monster class, a monster thats been doubled crossed by Diablo so its out for revenge. Dialouge would be easy.
Warriv: Hello holy crap ahhhh run away…
Monster class: raahhhh wohhhh rahhh grrrrr

No seriously be the first Diablo game to have a monster class.
Make 2h weapons great again
Make current uniques better
Currency stackable tab
More detailed and highlighted, customizable map colours
Shrines cant be over written by curses
More shirines that do other stuff

1 Like

I’d be happy just with fixing bugs with game controls, in the order of importance:

• Holding down LMB when killing the target makes your character run\walk to the cursor: I beg you, please, fix the left click ranged attack behavior
  • Walking near walls is stuttery and interrupts (sewers level 1 in act 3 is the worst example; Tal-Rasha’s Chamber is pretty bad too; Durance of Hate is slightly less awful but still noticable)
  • Broken transparency issues all over the game (tower walls, travincal…)
  • Using spell charges from swap seems to fail randomly (e.g. teleport, lower resist, life tap… try to cast after swap - the animation and sound play but nothing happens)
  • “Quick cast” switching default left\right action seemingly randomly, worst case you can get RMB spell on LMB: Quick Cast assigning RMB action to LMB
  • Target selection snapping. Often times I want to target the ground, but the hotspot for targeting a monster became way too big, so instead i tend to click on the monster. I suggest to just make it a slider in the options, how big the hotspot is.
  • There seems to be something wrong with aiming projectiles that are fired in a straight line, they seem to shoot above the cursor
  • Screenshot hotkey rebind doesn’t work, screenshots still only get made by PrtScr

In general I just want the gameplay controls to be more smooth, there’s lots of work to be done, lots of things are worse than they were in 1.14 or release of D2R.

Also this little gameplay bug that I’d like to have fixed:

• Casting confuse in the Throne of Destruction breaks Baal, he won’t spawn any waves.
3 Likes

I am glad i am not crazy and only one who noticed that :slight_smile:

Well Zax you’ve seen several of my suggestions already. These are:

• Option to reroll only prefix/suffix will help with obtaining nice/good/very good magic items.
  • Druid improvements. This is a huge suggestion, however a small, yet very welcomed change there would be to improve pathfinding for Tornado, so it’ll travel way more straight.
  • Necromancer improvements. Out of proposed changes Poison Dagger, Amplify Damage, Theeth and Lower Resist should be fairly easy to implement. Other thread about making the class better has been created by @Skulm.
  • As discussed in other thread I state that rune drops needs to be increased, and also rune upgrade recipe simplified just to “2 runes → higher rune”. There is too much mess with having to store chipped, flawed etc gems for current upgrade recipe.
  • A special currency tab for gems, runes, keys, Wirt’s leg etc would really help.
  • More, and bigger stash tabs. I’m using a mod which gives me seven 16x13 tabs, and even that is not enough.
  • Separate inventory just for charms.
  • Some kind of maps system, like in Path of Exile - I’ve discussed details with @CharlesJT
2 Likes

LoooooL. Perfect harmony my a$$. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

1 Like

It essentially kills rerolling GCs with PGems. It would allow getting skillers much easier, just reroll prefix. And after you’ve got the skiller you want you can try to reroll the suffix on it… so definitely no on charms, makes it too easy.

It would also let you kinda reliably obtain Jewelers Tiara of Speed\Monarch of Deflection\Light Plate of Whale; 6\40 javelins too; and even those crazy magic jewels like +30 Max or 40\15. Not sure how I feel about such a big boost to availability of these legendary magic items. Maybe if it needed a few more resources than just 1pgem and 1 small rune - then i’d be ok. Or maybe if you only had 33% chance to actually roll the prefix or the suffix (i.e. it could roll blank!).

I also had a related idea with rerolling magic items, it’s on the lower end and might be helpful but not overpowered because of the ilvl limit; but might produce some cool useful items for lower levels and some still hard to obtain chase items.

Just not keys please. Keys shouldn’t be hoarded, they should be used or traded off.

Go play LOd if you want to play the original and let us enjoy this game to its maximum potential

1 Like

Don’t think I need to post improvements here, the list is long and you obviously know where to find the best improvements to the game

All in 1 place

An huge buff for magical / rare items without changing them directly, would be if the number of affixes would be affected by ilvl, like it already works for crafted items.

E.g. magical item have an hardcoded chance of 25% to get both an prefix + suffix. Increasing this chance with higher ilvl would make it easier to get good magical items.

Same for rare items, chance for each of the 6 affixes is always 25%.

But chance of high number of affixes for crafts increases with higher ilvl. If this mechanic would be applied to rares too, there would be much more viable rares around.

1 Like

That’s the whole point of suggestion - however when you take into consideration that “worse” affixes are way common than the “better” ones it is not that simple as it seems. I’ve preformed a test how many perfect gems I have to spend on average to get +45 life on a lv94 grand charm - it is around 60-90; +skills rolls also way less often than ex extra gold from monsters, so no, it won’t ruin obtaining these items, it’ll just change it from “practically impossible” to “very hard”. And I don’t know how about you mate, but I don’t enjoy pure dice roll simulator.

Nope; what about single player for example, when I’m leveling another toon, and just get a key on may way through acts?

on single player you have the possibility of infinite mules or using the GoMule.

i want to be in the position where i basically never get those legendary items. In my entire life i’ve only had 1 41 life useful skiller (cold) and 1 45 life crap (curses). It really makes those pieces memorable. I do enjoy being in the state where I will probably never have the legendary JMOD… because if I actually get it, it will really be fantastic.

Cube recipes need any quality gem of the appropriate type for rune conversion. I dont want to be hunting for flawed gems.

I’m so freaking tired of being constrained to Act 2 mercs for Hell difficulty viability. Seriously. Fix the other mercs, give them some competitive aura solutions.

I want an actual unique / set % chance next to my MF instead of figuring out how much DR my MF is receiving via charts online.

I don’t like that when people join your games and join your party it instantly tells them your zone location. Too easy for pvp hunting. Fix that stuff to Acts only.

Fix the Amazons face. My god.

Physical bowazons have the most boring animations in the game. Do something.

Fire sorcs are a joke. I don’t care that it’s good for the 0.00002% that PvP with it. Make it viable without hybridization.

Move Cain in Act V. The man is lonely.

This is kind of suprizing to me. I used to play fire sorc before 2.4 and she was already great, fireball sorc is even strongest and fastest in killing amongst all sorceress. Issue was always not so good area85 zones. Thats fixed now.

And some fire builds were also improved in 2.4.

In that case you would still have an option not to use it, and rely only on what you find on the battleground, or reroll with 3xperfect gem recipe.

I do have a respec token and I am adventurous, but even with those listed points, I haven’t heard good things. :confused:

Rebalancing heavy armors - they require a massive amount of strength which isn’t worth the extra small amount of defence and speed penalty - that extra strength could have been spent on vit instead of wasted on strength; these armors need something more

Same with 2 handed weapons, they get the slow speed and roll the mods of 1 handed weapons, losing the stats and option to block from a shield. Their DPS and having the mods of a 1hander doesn’t make up for losing the shield slot. The same applies to 2 handed staves compared to orb + shield which gets the block

Fix the bug where items vanish once the save file reaches the 8MB limit. Fix the bug where iron golems vanish

1 Like

My suggestion I gave some time ago and I still stand by what I said. I would like a slight decrease in Magic Find diminishing returns to make sense to increase MF on the character.

You see, Blizzard itself is starting with ‘MF events’ giving a temporary +%MF buff to players. I would like this increase to be based on the gameplay itself. The player himself wanted to have this boost based on MF items, not Blizzard giving this bonus “for free”.

1 Like

If you want to buff drops increasing the effective MF won’t give you any noticable change. The rarety of the top 10 rarest uniques comes from their base item drop chance, not by MF chance. Doesn’t matter if you find an tyraels after 160k or 140k runs, but you will find a ton more isenharts meanwhile…

To buff drops efficient, the chance of falling down to the next lower TC needs to get decreased for the highest few TC’s.