Comprehensive Wishlist for Future Patch

Maps like - Infernal pit or Abaddon Pit could they add more like, red portals who are in every acts =) goes to diffrents of map areas could be lvl 85 =)) Same dropp chance and no new items, i think end gaming can be more fun =)

2 Likes

As the developers increased the area levels and monster density of red portals in Act V: Abaddon, Pit of Acheron, and Infernal Pit in 2.4, I had an idea to make the red portals more exciting farming locations by adding a chance to randomly spawn a previous act boss (non-Ubers) in the red portals, such as:

• Act I: Andariel
  • Act II: Duriel
  • Act III: Mephisto
  • Act IV: Diablo

This change could add more endgame opportunities as players would want to explore these red portals while MFing, making these zones potentially very rewarding.

I’d like to see some kind of endgame system like maps in Path of Exile - big, randomly generated map based on some theme with a boosted boss at the end. An example theme - Tower from Black Marsh with a uber Countess, which can drop all runes, and have guaranteed to drop at least 2, with some minimum quality.
Other good option would be Uber Travincal.

1 Like

Oh yeah

Everything bellow enigma for armor and grief for weapon isn’t power creep haha

Nope. They are just wastes of development time. :stuck_out_tongue:

Personally only “new” items I’d care to see are some new rings. Grief is only a Lo really so adding mid tier runeword weapons is kind of pointless unless they are like claw only or something.

I “guess” you could add some mid tier armor stuff… but I just don’t really see anything they could add that would be useful. Helm options are already strong enough that nothing you add with even see consideration.

Some wiggle room with boots/gloves.

Personally I’d rather they spend that time knocking sorc/pally down a peg and smooth out druid gameplay.

Agreed, it would be cool to have maps as additional endgame content. By placing the maps in the Horadric Cube with a Tome of Identify, the map is consumed in the process and a red portal created with a very difficult instance (e.g. maybe area level 90 with numerous monster modifers) and guarded by an Uber boss at the end, such as:

Maps (Endgame Content)

• Burial Grounds = Uber Blood Raven
  • Forgotten Tower = Uber Countess
  • Arcane Sanctuary = Uber Summoner
  • Sewers = Uber Radament
  • Maggot Lair = Uber Coldworm
  • Spider Cavern = Uber Sszark The Burning
  • Travincal = Uber Council Members
  • Arreat Summit = Uber Guardians
  • Halls of Vaught = Uber Nihlathak
3 Likes

That’s exactly what I had in mind! :+1: These areas could be even lv95 for some reasonable XP gain for endgame toons.
And Uber Ancient Guardians might be just epic^^

1 Like

I would remove immunites or tone them down honestly. Or buff/give class elemental masteries.

Uber Difficulty would be cool as well.

Act 4 does need more stuff and a full 16 level dungeon (cathedral) would be cool but I doubt we will see that kind of content added.

Nah… i hated when they added maps in PD2 and I would hate it in D2R

Boring mechanic with no imagination

Immunities need to go

Such a bad mechanic

1 Like

Smarter merc, path finding and an ability to turn them passive, defensive etc.

Also, could you please increase the drop rate slightly of Beserker Axes - why so rare?

1 Like

Yeah, I love how thought out your list is. Went back and read the unique items again, the only things I would change aren’t even directly power related.

The Cranium Basher

I wouldn’t put -20% requirements on this. It has a 75% chance of crushing blow, it’s a thunder maul, it has a 4% chance to cast Amplify Damage on striking, not because of dark magic, but pure blunt force trauma. This thing is heavy, is what I am saying.

Maybe raise the Amplify Damage proc to 8% (it’s only level 1, not like it covers a big area), and add a 4% chance to cast level 1 Corpse Explosion on kill. Because sometimes you bash them so hard in the cranium their body just explodes.

Tyrael’s Might already has 50-100% damage to demons, adding 50-100% damage to demons on Templar’s Might seems… I would rather the 2 different unique sacred armors feel different? Maybe add Block Chance and faster block speed to Templar’s Might instead? It already has Faster hit recovery. If we want to keep an offensive boost, could change it to Undead instead of Demon or… idk just something to make it feel separate from Tyrael’s Might.

2 Likes

:rofl:

20 characters required

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. As you mentioned, I removed the -20% requirements from The Cranium Basher and added 4% Chance To Cast Level 1 Corpse Explosion When You Kill An Enemy. That seems very fitting for a massive thunder maul.

Also, I changed Templar’s Might to have bonus damage to undead to be different from Tyrael’s Might. I agree with you the two unique sacred armors should feel different.

when you use knockback as melee it would be nice if you don’t just hit air after you knocked the monster out of range. but instead hit the next closest target. so if you’re in a pack you can rapidly knockback and rotate several targets. could be sort of useful when you play around with skills like dragon talon that does combos with several rapid attacks.

I updated the OP and added to the wishlist cross platform play, so players can play with other players across many platforms: Microsoft Windows, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4/5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S. This feature could be activated and deactivated via a toggle in the Options Menu.

2 Likes

Crossplay would be fantastic for the longevity of D2R.

2 Likes

Rod Fergusson did mention they will continue to look at it, so there’s hope we could see crossplay feature added in the future…

“It’s something we looked at, for sure, as part of looking at cross-progression, but the cross-progression was the clearest indication of what we should be doing. And so cross-play is something we continue to look at. But it’s not something that’s going to be in there at launch.”

it would be nice qol if you also restore arrows / bolts / javelin quantity when you use repair all at merchants.

1 Like

Agreed, that would be a nice QoL improvement.