Game crashes randomly with no warning or error box

same thing happens to me now since 2 patches ago, so i guess they managed to make the game work even less somehow.

2 Likes

I was having problems since day 1, several crashes until a point that i can play for 1-2 hours, and then the cycle starts again.

Well i’ve fixed my problem, here’s how:
Save your files and format your driver to do a clean windows install, after all drivers and windows updates are instaled you are done, enjoy D2 Ressurected.

2 Likes

I get the same error messages and CTD as OP almost literally every 45 minutes of gametime. Windows always has:

Faulting application name: D2R.exe, version: 1.0.941.0, time stamp: 0x6169a9df
Faulting module name: D2R.exe, version: 1.0.941.0, time stamp: 0x6169a9df
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000168910
Faulting process id: 0xe40
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7c2f4406a5d81
Faulting application path: G:\Diablo II Resurrected\D2R.exe
Faulting module path: G:\Diablo II Resurrected\D2R.exe
Report Id: ba80920f-f86e-4127-80c5-693dc0b41218
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Then the game logs have hundreds of lines of:

[Render/4] [<>:0]: Encountered missing grading lut, .

I use a RTX 3080 card.

1 Like

That is silly. A friend rushing me his PC crashed exactly like mine. You tell me we both have same software installed that causes this? But no other game crashes or has conflict? It’s the game
The problem is the crashing issue is not logged probably a complicated bug and it’s part of the netcode

I have the same problem too!!

I have the same problem. Game just closed itself and sent me back to desktop without any error message.

Diablo 2077: Lord of Crash should be the title of this game. Waiting 10+ minutes in the queue just to CTD after 5 minutes of play. SMH, shameful. :unamused: At least CDPR offered refunds, Blizzard would never do such a thing.

3 Likes

Ive noticed i only crash if i switch zones too much like doing all of the bosses in a game, but i can just do a few and then remake game and no crashes.

This isn’t isolated to just D2R, this is going on with all of Blizz/Activision games right now. I cannot get past round 2 of zombie outbreak in CoD without the game crashing. I have had 4 crashes today alone, 7 yesterday. Oddly enough, before I uninstalled D2R I only had the game crash once.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled my video card drivers 3 times this week alone (yes I used DDU).

1 Like

Drivers don’t go bad on their own, and if your game is throwing this kind of error with nVidia cards then you have a larger issue on your hands.

Why is D2R corrupting video card drivers?

its not the video cards, its blizzard game. No way 100000s of video cards are bad all of a sudden

1 Like

I had the same problem, D2R crash to desktop every 10 mins.

Windows Event Viewer always logged: Source-Display: display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered

The problem causes applications ASUS GPU Tweak II. Now I don’t think of overclocking functions - i had all settings in default.
I used only monitor - OSD overlay function (FPS, GPU, fans information as an overlay in-game).
After turning off this app, D2R already works.

The same problem can cause any similar software that affects the image on the monitor (MSI Afterburner, Fraps…).

Try it.

Same problem as many of you, with the constant crashes to desktop (even from offline games), despite being above the minimum specs. Still no luck with v 1.0.66606.

I actually got an error message this time though! So… progress?
FF66A2DD-33E9-4B45-9719-2444150056CE

I’ve got random crashes too.
I’m waiting in a queue for hours on week (just today I’ve spent 2hours in it)
then sometimes after 5minutes game collapses…
It is so amazingly annoying that I can’t even find a word for it.

I have fixed my random crashes by uninstalling a bank security plugin called WARSAW… 5 days in a row now with not a single crash anymore. Don’t know if it’s the cause of your issue, but you could check if you have it installed.

I talked about this on this thread If you have unreplicable CTD w/o error msg... Blizz and players read this

3 Likes

we have a post in EU forums with 50+ users all reporting random crashes everywhere, several times a day and Blizz are responding with ‘there are no known errors causing crashes’ and basically ‘it’s all your PCs that are at fault and nothing is wrong with our game’

they’re completely in-denial, they obviously have no intention of fixing it fast as all this time later, we’re still getting several crashes daily (a majority issue) and constant problems with servers, they’ve taken our money

read their responses for yourself, you’ll be gobsmacked.

2 Likes

I can confirm what you said. I have Warsaw too, I uninstalled and my crashes are gone! Thank you for your advice!

1 Like

It’s obvious Blizz lacks of time and maybe will to fix some stupid code errors. Could be Null pointer dereference or usa-after-free or even unchecked use after failed memory allocation.

We’re here to help blizz. Could we have the source codes of D2R executables and libraries so we could dig the errors with valgrind, debug them with something like GDB or MSVS debugger and provide Blizz with precious patches to fight all the bugs in the game?

We could even code extensions that provide the game with TCP/IP back which blizz failed to code according to the media info.

We could also make precious ports to other platforms like MacOS or Linux or even *BSD

Currently 45 minutes into Que. WHY IS YOUR 2.3 BILLION DOLLARS OF PROFIT not enough to provide servers for players? Do you understand that you are killing you player base? Is that the goal? Is Activision trying to just kill Blizzard completely? I cant even play solo play while I wait. Because for some stupid reason you WANT US TO WAIT IN QUE. ITS SO STUPID.

Please use small words in your explanation, So we simple players can understand.

1 Like

Thanks, man!!! I’ve uninstalled the WARSAW plugin and now the game in running flawless.

Thank you very much!!!