Game crashes randomly with no warning or error box

Similar to myself as well. Looking at the logs, what the hell are these?

17:05:43.456 WARNING: Invalid index in ITEMSRecalculateSetItemSpecificMods. See: 0
17:46:34.797 sFillLocation() - Attempt to access out of bounds index -1, ptRoomInfo->nIdCurr = 76

This started happening after some patch, not sure which. I’m running a 3080 with updated drivers.

I’m pretty sure the crashes started when they FINALLY patched the map bug. I could be wrong though.

Same issue for me and today I finally got an error box after constant crashes, who would’ve thought. :roll_eyes:

This is the Report ID that was generated by Blizzard:
49C34BE8-90D8-4160-AD2A-570069EE1651 (hope this isn’t my game CD-Key :sweat_smile:)

At this point, D2R is unplayable. I might as well go back to Legacy Diablo2.

Some things to note:
I was playing on D2R mode and crashes gave no error box.
Tried playing on D2R Legacy mode, game still crashed after 15 minutes but then got the error notice box.

2 Likes

Hello,
I have the same issue since the beginning, any progress on it?

1 Like

I was having constant issues with crashing too. seemed to be regularly 10-60 minutes. once even on the title screen when i idled for a work call. sometimes i could clear most of the major mf spots in NM. but most frequently it would crash on me as diablo spawned or it felt like when i pressed alt to see loot? I updated my driver which was apparently out of date for >year despite my knowing i updated it. this didn’t change anything however, besides making act 5 less frame icky. i had turned down my graphics, but mostly for frame issues since i die a lot in hell. and i even tried capping the sound channels thinking the reverb on diablo’s voice caused the crashes. none of this alleviated the problem.

lately i have not seen it do this, but here are some of the things that have changed since then:

• I’m farming exclusively Hell andy at the moment. with a sprinkle of countess, so i’m not leaving act 1.
  • I changed my map overlay from full screen to top right corner.
  • I changed the alt shortcut for loot visibility to toggle instead of hold. since i noticed some times i’d get the crash during these moments.
  • my red dragon mouse may be currently programmed to my Phantasy Star Online 2 New genesis profile, instead of my Final fantasy xiv profile. though i don’t recall clicking any of the side buttons i use with either of those games as diablo is exclusively a left click right click game.

Edit: Just went to farm drognan in act 2 for a +3 bone spear bone wand. game randomly closed for the first time in a while. but then got an update. I doubt the update caused the closure. so it seems like anywhere but act 1 = a problem.

1 Like

I found away around the crashes using older
Geforce cards. Set fps to 60 and enable virt sync in the setting.
Also In windows defender give full access to D2R.

I play flawless now on a GTX 860m, granted not crisp looking…but havent dc’ed yet

Anybody using DDU to reinstall their graphics drivers, be sure to check out JayzTwoCents video he just released like yesterday. It’s important to disable Windows’ automatic driver install and run DDU in safe mode before installing a fresh download of your graphics driver. The video is a bit long but it’s really important not to skip those steps.

Also, be sure to run a chkdsk /f on your machine to make sure there are no file system issues. You’ll have to reboot and let it run the scan at startup (DO NOT press any keys at startup or it will abort the scan!).

I noticed this as well. I’m still trying to beat act 3 in NORMAL! Can’t make any progress at all so I went back to farm runes in act 1 and notices 0 crashes.

I started having this recently - I played for 100h before with 0 crash - all of a sudden game decides to crash - either it was the patch before the last one or it is the new nvidia driver… other than that nothing changed on my rig

Game just closed itself and sent me back to desktop without any error message.

Is this normal?

Actually I was in nightmare so it shouldn’t be normal anyway.

if you have amd, i underclocked state 1 and 2 significantly. Try and underclock it but make sure you restart each time. worked for me

this has nothing to do with underclock lol… this is placebo until the next time you got a crash…
this game burly takes anything from my 5950x

Despite Microcrap’s claim that Windows 11 is a gaming OS, there is a huge memory leak in the current version, . If you are a serious/competitive gamer you may want roll back to Windows 10 until Microcrap gets around to patching the memory leak.

Also, anyone complaining about the quality of the game, well if you have played Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War for longer than 5 min you are well aware that Blizz/Actiturd hasn’t had a bug free release in well over 10 years.

It’s a shame how Blizz and Actiturd have had to rush games that are nowhere near ready just to keep afloat.

I’m not sure what good it does to continually report crashes as others have already done so with more facts than I can. But have started a game 10 times in the last 20 minutes and the program crashes before I reach 5 minutes into the game. Sometimes 30 seconds. Have noticed it seems to occur when I change locations. Really have no hope as tech support has not fixed this problem and seems not be able to let users even sign on.

1 Like

When are they going to fix this mess and make the game playable smh.

1 Like

I’m having the same crash problem too!
The game crashes in about every 20-30 min.
75% there will be a send to blizzard crash report window pops up, and 25% it just crashes to desktop and leaves a log in windows event reviewer:

Faulting application name: D2R.exe, version: 1.0.845.0, time stamp: 0x61644e5e
Faulting module name: D2R.exe, version: 1.0.845.0, time stamp: 0x61644e5e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000015d793
Faulting process id: 0x3640
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7c1b438935cf4
Faulting application path: C:\Blizzard Games\Diablo II Resurrected\D2R.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Blizzard Games\Diablo II Resurrected\D2R.exe
Report Id: 865b7fa0-0a68-4bd4-a768-8dae4934e077
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

The exception codes are always 0x5 for every crash like this.
My host machine is windows 10 21H1 + 5950x + 6900XT +32GB RAM.
Driver and system are updated and no issues in other games.

1 Like

exact same thing - always Exception code: 0xc0000005
this is obviously coding problem - needs to get fixed!
and since you are using 6900xt and im using 3080oc it cant be the new NVIDIA driver - it can only be something they added in the last couple of patches - this is where this problem started happening for me - 100h before 0 crashes…

I have been taking screenshots of every crash code in both D2R and CoD Cold War. i’m planning on making a collage of all the crash screenshots when I don’t feel like being lazier than the devs.

1 Like

This happens to me as well.

• Crash to desktop single and online play
  • No error
  • Nothing in the event viewer
  • No system issues, D2 freezes for about 1-2 seconds then, crashes so fast that my mouse keeps moving in windows as normal.

Unsure if posting specs would help.

3 Likes

Ok so now with the Queue system, it will be nice to play, when we the game crash every game !!
Thx blizzard any news??? -.-

1 Like