ERROR: NVSDK_NGX_D3D12_Init failed

Hi All,

I’m on a laptop with i7-10850H GTX 1050 mobile and 32GB ram so it should be all good for this game and during open beta it surely was. I tried to play on yesterday and game started, no crashes but it was at 5 fps all the time, no matter how low the settings were or even in legacy mode.

Thanks to this topic I was able to fix it, I will share what worked for me, maybe someone will find it helpful.

I’ve checked blz-log and there was this error:
NVSDK_NGX_D3D12_Init failed, error code: -1160773631

as I have Realtec sound card I ofc disabled it but it didn’t help. What actually helped was Display Driver Uninstaller - I cleaned everything I could, all audio and display drivers, even Intel (which caused system crash so maybe not needed to clean it) and then after restart I did run Windows Update few times with necessary restarts until it said all installed (I didn’t install any optional updates). Window update installed some older Nvidia driver from July and it all works great now! (and Realtec sound card doesn’t need to be disabled so I even have sound :wink: )

Nvidia driver that works for me:
Driver Date: 12.07.2021
Driver Version: 30.0.14.7141

Hello all,

I looked over these issues throughout the thread and did some more digging into this error message. It basically looks like this is just a generic error message so the error message itself isn’t very helpful.

There’s nothing really linking all of these errors in this thread. Many of you are having the AVX bug we’re investigating with older processors like i5s, i3s, Xeons, Phenoms, etc. If your CPU or motherboard is from before 2011, chances are this is your problem. We’re working on a fix for this.

The rest of you are having a bunch of different problems. If the above situation isn’t the problem you should perform normal troubleshooting for this problem. While doing this troubleshooting, note that there is an Advanced Troubleshooting dropdown as well which covers other less common situations that can still cause this. If the problem persists, please create your own thread or contact support directly for troubleshooting help.

To prevent this thread from becoming an absolute mess trying to troubleshoot all of your issues at once, I’m going to lock it up. That said, thanks for the help investigating the error anyway. Reach out to us if you need more help with it.