Diablo II didnt start. ("unexpected error" every time)

Diablo II just doesnt start and I cant find any way for a real support in german.

When I click on “Spielen” (play) I just get a new window that tells me an unexpectet error with a code like this.
DFBEE9F3-5D50-48E9-AF42-04A3F8973B86

Where can I get help for this? Why is there no chance to comunicate to someone in german?

1 Like

When will they fix this issue? I only get passed the Blizzard, Blizzard North, Diablo banners and black screen with hand and diablo in bottom right corner. Could someone let me know when I will be able to play the game. Lost out this past weekend which I set aside to play. So looking forward to playing. Thanks

If you go in ‘blz-log’ file, do you have errors that read:

[Render/4] [<>:0]: NVSDK_NGX_D3D12_Init failed, error code: -1160773631
[CommandDefinition/4] [<>:0]: Could not load Command file: data/global/commands/offline.json
[Render/4] [<>:0]: Attempt to ReleaseDLSSFeatures without NGX being initialized.
[Render/4] [<>:0]: Attempt to ReleaseDLSSFeatures without NGX being initialized.
[Render/4] [<>:0]: Encountered missing grading lut, .

If so, they are working on it, read here: ERROR: NVSDK_NGX_D3D12_Init failed - #64 by Drakuloth

Via the ticket system, or through the community (here). But you’d need to post a DxDiag report here.

I tried it via ticket system with the DxDiag report but the answer was just a “help yourself” with links to this forum and other none helpful suggestions I already tried anyway.
I am still missing a real support.

Isn’t any german speaking supporter working for this company? You cannot expect anyone all over the world so speak english well enough to follow all the technical discusions in this forum.

You could post it here. The most common reasons the game won’t start are not meeting the system requirements, or security exceptions not being added correctly during install.

Only English support is provided on the Americas/Oceania version of any of their game forums (like this one). If you check the EU version of the forum, they are also using English there this time to simplify troubleshooting efforts. More info:

I am actually german but the forum language is english. Maybe i can assist with specific questions as they come up.

2 Likes