End the Greifing and make PVP a mutual agreement

This is an awful idea. Leave the PvP just as it is. NO CHANGES!

Two of the most toxic systems in D2 are the PvP grieving and the bots and players with the pickit program that steal all the loot due to the toxic FFA system. I agree with this post. Blizzard you still have time to fix this before the release. Do the right thing for the majority of your customer base.

This is not PvP, this is PK. And yes, you should be able to protect yourself. It is quite easy in tombruns, if there are not only noobs in party.
There are some weird people fighting 90 vs 20 lvl in full game, I don’t understand them. But if it is 1x30 lvl vs 7x25 lvl, you definetely can fight back. It is fun and you can check if there is somebody you can rely on and fight side by side with you, or your party is full of selfish cowards. This is how I make friends in D2.

U can only be 9 lvl difference if some one trying to kill you. Its very fun to kill people who try to go Hostile on you, you missing out on the best parts. If you just a leech with no gear then maybe leech less.
Though I would not care if they made an exception for normal difficulty. Or simply lowered it to 4 lvl difference for normal games, being 9 lvl difference is a lot for low lvls.

Yeah. Gheed is a coward and a crook. Nice place for other cowards.

What is their to boast about in softcore with PK. All woopy doo you killed a couple players taking advantage of the loading issue from alpha so what? that doesn’t make you a good player. Doing that on Hardcore is where it should be given props.

With launch, that loading issue should be fixed and that would give everyone an equal playing field. Thus PVP should stay the same. If you get sent an agro message then just leave the game by saving and exiting that way, you don’t lose you’re gold and you’re time.

I went into a tomb run last night and flagged PvP after joining. I WP’d to the Canyon and found the tomb everyone was in. When I tried to attack, they all ganged up on me and chased me through the tomb. I was using mobs as a shield to slow them down while trying to slow them and whittle them down.

Eventually they killed me, but it didn’t matter. I was laughing my butt off the entire time and it was a blast. I’m sure one of them has my ear to commemorate the moment, too. We all exchanged pleasantries and I left. Easy as that.

You just can’t have experiences like this when it’s a handshake. Handshakes make it too formal and streamlined. This is not what Diablo 2 is supposed to be about. Diablo 2 has elements of savagery in them that add to the darkness and grit of the world. And if you can’t handle that, then maybe you either need to password-protect your games, go to single player at release, or you need to find another game to play altogether.

You people will whine about literally anything if you’re not spoonfed.

This is the game, either play it or don’t but quit trying to change it.

In the original game (if you played it) they had a hand shake. The hand shake was joining a PvP game and then going outside the entrance of Act I to commence the PvP duel. It wasn’t being toxic trying to ruin the multiplayer experience from others and forcing them to play solo.

It was literally never like that. It has always been where you could join the game, flag PvP and hunt others.

There are PvP rooms where people will do organized fights outside of Act I, but there was never a block against finding and killing people out in the world.

My sorc says hai.

But yea, if I join the game to pk you, just leave lol. Most pks won’t bother following into the next game, if they do just make password.

Wrong, they have PvP lobbies dedicated to PvP, only toxic players like the story you just shared tried to ruin the PvP community. Similar stories to the one you just shared is what caused this post.

It’s not toxic at all. What the hell are you talking about? 7 players against 1, and you think it’s toxic? That’s an overwhelming advantage, and if 7 people can’t take down 1 person, then they deserve to die, really. But it’s not a full-loot PvP game like Albion or Rust, so what are you complaining about if you die on softcore?

Yes - there are PvP lobbies. But those are games specifically dedicated to PvP. There are normal open games where people would join, flag hostile and come find you. It’s been like that since the game first released. Don’t try to twist history, my guy. You are the one that’s incorrect here.

Password your games if you can’t handle 1 player against the rest of the lobby. Or go find a different game to play, because obviously you can’t handle basic gameplay elements of D2.

No sir, you are wrong.

Dualstrike is correct.

There were lobbies with duels in mind yes, but nothing stopped anyone from joining little timmy’s tomb run to ruin his day.

Fix hostile sound, give people a warning that it is going to happen. That is all that needs to be done.

Hence the toxic form of gameplay that forced many players to play solo.

That’s not toxic gameplay. It’s like that by inherent design. Do you even know what toxic means?

Someone has spent too long gaming in the Age of Entitlement, it seems…

Joining a room and going hostile is not toxic. You could call it toxic if the player followed you into every new game you made.
In that case I fully support being able to block someone from joining your games.

There was no handshake in the original game.

Signed,
The Great BoBaFeTT

I like the way how it is now, it is fun

I would think the bot’s had more to do with players running solo games than PK culture. Anyway, PKing for the most point was dead probably when most players even played Diablo II. Largely due to the botting.