End the Greifing and make PVP a mutual agreement

Imagine being this bad.

I had one attempt at someone doing this first day, and he got rolled out the server.

Why remove this? It adds a fun and stay on your toes type thing. You carebears suck, VV will never listen to any of you dorks trying to change d2. Go play d3 or poe

You go play Classic Diablo II and leave Diablo II Resurrected to us! Same difference

No, hes right you go play D3 and leave the REMASTER TO THE PEOPLE WHO LIKE ORIGINAL D2, BECAUSE THAT WHO ITS FOR.

If we wanted to play watered down hold you around ARPGS theres d3, poe, and a million others.

Bye felicia

Yes, a PvP activation function would certainly make sense, which can also be seen in the game options for players who want to join.
Can be done, does not have to be.

it obviously not the most loved with so many people complaining about it

Wtf? You have clearly not even read my posts. Go back to the hole you came from…

When I get ganked, I either try to fight or TP out. I never cussed on someone because of it.

And I have PK’ed exactly once in my lifetime, which was when the beta ended.

Better think, before you post something so wrong and stupid.

There is only a very small fraction of the people who buy D2 participating in forums. You can’t even tell, how many percent of the players don’t like it.

Clearly, you do not play hardcore.

Gibbs’ Rule 44

I never enjoyed it…where are you getting the idea that the majority do? from the 1k population that hung around for 20 years?

True, not a lot at least. Still, the principle remains the same. Dying is not something, which kills the fun for an HC player. The annoyance is temporary. And this exact annoyance is the whole motivation for HC. If you knew, that you would not be upset, when dying, HC would not be as exciting.

This whole concept works perfectly fine for D2: it’s a scary world with a lot of little annoyances, which have to be overcome. One of these things is ganking.

It sucked back when you faced someone with trigger hack and using chicken. They would be in town when they killed you and if you got close to killing them most would be dropped from the game by chicken. You had to bring the damage so fast chicken couldn’t save them.

Now TP PK is not a thing, that was patched out of the game. Every HC player knows to hit town when you get hostiled. At this point in the game if you get PK’d you only have yourself to blame. It’s too easy to avoid the guy running at you when you found out 30 seconds ago he was coming.

Yes very true. Actually no one has to fight, if they don’t want to.

And scaring people out of their games might not be a nice thing to do, but you can play temporarily with pw or wait in town until the ganker is bored.

i like how you claim ALL hacked. This is false and funny…

I hope when this game with all the bugs and tired old cliches crashes and burns because all all of you purist Fanboys chased everyone else it makes you happy because theirs not enuff of you to keep it going your happy because when that happens you’ll only have yourselves to blame! Not willing to add a few QOL because none of whats asked for is in Diablo III other games maybe not that one!

Question for you guys. Let’s say you are starting the season and want to play with random players to perhaps make new friends. Then this player whose intention is to grief others decides to join your game with an early PVP build (Perhaps in NM or Hell). You are on your journey through the maggot lair and this player decides to body block your team’s path in a strong chokepoint of death (meaning if you decided to hostile this player he will have the advantage). What would you do?

No thank you, play a private game if you’re scared.

It won’t be that bad in live either, people just don’t have much to do in the beta.

Mutual hostility is not how it works in the real world… If someone is going to punch you in the face you’re not gonna be like “hey bro, you and I gotta agree to me getting punched in the face…”

Same goes for private loot lol… You bash open a Piñata there is a single loot pool, not candy that only one child can see and get lol… It is a mad dash to grab what you can as quick as you can. That my friend is life…

This entitlement generation is going to be the downfall of the human civilization :laughing:

its honestly really sad because it highlights how much damage the franchise was dealt by D3.
Its a game that has the main antagonist and the name in common with the first two games and thats all - it just squats on the title as if it were an actual diablo game - that’s sort of an exaggeration but not really. There won’t ever be a D3 for many people.

Diablo 1 not only had unilateral hostility but you LITERALLY lost all your items when you died. In Diablo 2 - it retained unilateral hostility but kept the hardcore mode where one death = gg - you technically lost everything with death though now you can be looted if toggled.

Now we have people crying for mutual hostility and personal loot - something that would probably got you laughed out of the game in diablo 1 if someone had argued for it.

Just some perspective.

In the real world, an adult who bunches another in the face frequently gets arrested unless it is a sanctioned boxing/MMA match where both agreed.

Depends entirely on what country/where you at. The police if they exist as a competent force don’t exactly teleport next you to like a skyrim guard in a town when a crime is committed.

So you essentially agree that there is a problem with players wanting to play with random people in multiplayer.

If there is an opportunity to grief, someone will take it.

In the USA, if someone wanted to fight me and I did not, in our society that’s called a battery crime. If two professional fighters challenged each other to a fight neither of them have to accept if they don’t want to. That’s the real world.

How does this even … A pinata usually has more than enough candy for all the participating children to get something. Baal will not drop 100 pieces of loot, you can’t even fill you inventory with that much loot.

Freedom of speech works both ways.

I respectfully disagree. I think Diablo 3 has done a lot of good to the franchise with regards to polish and QOL changes. D3 now is very different from vanilla D3. The fact remains that D3 was designed from the core to be very different from D2. That doesn’t mean that game developers shouldn’t take good things from modern and established games that are a good fit for another game when it clearly has flaws in it.