End-game is EZ trash

Why not P8? You wanted a challenge. Crank it up to challenging.

Not the first one with no gear and no gold. Calling BS.

the game IS challenging…
go try playing hell SSF.
and not on a paladin

see how far you get.

endgame items ARE endgame items.
they are the best of the best…

i dont know how to tell you this but… the stronger you get… the easier the game gets.

like this is a really simple concept…
if you want a challenge… dont play on easy mode..

Well, you just reached the goal with this character and even far beyond, because the goal is not necessarily to attract the best items, but to play through the role-playing game as a way, that was never different, you make today’s online RPGs again and again to something completely different, ie to a comparison game with more and more speed and eternal item spiral, and destroys the value of the actual RPG, which instead of deepening and start there, you let dry up more and more.

D2R is a single player RPG and not a comparison game ala WoW.
It is never and should never be designed to uproot itself and destroy out of itself thus.
It doesn’t need any more challenge, because that just means turning the itemization lever further and further while making it an ever-expanding skill and sports game. Which an RPG should never be.

If you screw around with D2R, then you would have to expand the world itself and its depth as an RPG. Then you would be on the right path.

End-game has always been PvP…

1 Like

Yes. You’ve won the game, congratulations. Did it in a rather short time-span too - I assumed you followed the meta and traded a lot? Still, you’ve got a good amount of value for your money spent on the game. You can now start over with another character, or move on to another game.

Also while you think you can tank everything… go do Matron’s Den.

1 Like

my god, this thread still hot, told ya forum is the end game. there always something to do in forum.

3 Likes

@OP
Play offline p8, install a mod called Increased Monster Density
You will forget about surrounding environment, even better if hardcore
Monsters everywhere, mana always not enough…

1 Like

But you dont lose everything in HC.
In HC you mainly play the shared stash or mules.
Now its even better for HC with those extra shared stashes added to D2R.
You got to live with the idea that anytime you could lose your current gear, thats why you save up low level items and the same gear you already own in case you were to die.
Its much more interesting to play HC over SC.
You pay attention to every detail in HC.

What you are looking for, can be found in certain mods - especially challenge mods.

Here is a Baal run:

you sound bad. get good.

Try non cookie-cutter builds. Get weird.
I run a melee sorc that isn’t the “oh my god dps bear” and I have a freaking blast with it. One of the most fun characters I’ve made. She hits with physical, poison, cold, lightning, fire, and magic in every swing, and thus far there’s nothing she can’t kill. Even those awful demon lord things in the uber-izzy furnace thing. Just takes a little longer for those. She also routinely out-tanks Barbarians and Paladins and Zons and doubles as a Soul Assassin.

There are more pieces to the game than just the “OH MY GOD DPS” aspect. D2 is an extremely flexible game. There’s a lot you can play with.

Power creep does that…

1.10+ gear made the game laughably easy.

Go try Classic where even fully geared out is still a challenge.

Okay, you want a challenge

step 1, with your current toon, take off all your runewords, every single one of them, and put only on rares, uniques, and set pieces. also get rid of your Anni and torch.
or
If you are really bored and want a challenge
step 2. try diablo 2 classic, no runewords in classic diablo2 also you cant gear your merc out…

Its about the hunt. Not the difficulty. Kind of how 99% of whats sold at garage sales is not worth the gas it takes to bring to a dump. Yet you can find some epic pieces… but its rare. Things worth 1000’s of dollars but some old dude selling it for 50 cents. Thats D2R. If you like difficulty there is dark souls games. Tons of them now. Its even a category title on steam.

Most players still wish there was a 4rth difficulty level. Smaller extra rewards/drops, but majorly buffed monsters. Hope it happens. Probably wont through…

I have finished Diablo 2 and a new difficulty unlocked it’s called nightmare. I finished that too and another difficulty unlocked and it’s called hell….

Yes, D2 is hard when you get to hell and gets easier the longer you play it. D3 is easy and gets harder as you approach GR 150. This is what i love and why i play both games, in D2 i find challenge at the start and in D3 at the end.

Thats why all Hell should be one BIG 85lvl area with addiction to act 4/5 as ~87/89 areas, so no more unused mf areas, no more Teleport needed, nn for /p8 cmd, no more boring to hell Balls for over 10 000x, Cows back; lvling and farming is fixed.

Truth is that no one here wants an end game, it has been discussed a million times and the message is always “go play D3”. That’s why the end game will never develop, devs are afraid to hurt the feelings of 70 year old D2 veterans.

Truth is, you would have to change 80% of the current game to have some end game. It’s not done with some small tweaks and we actually like the game how it is. There are plenty of games with different mechanics/strategies/gameplans and that’s good.