End-game is EZ trash

Hey all,

Started playing d2:r for summer break. Got fully geared out now, got my torches + anni, fortitudes, enigma, infinity, griffon’s, etc.

Took about 3 months to get them all fully geared. Now the game is easy trash. Everything gets 1-2 shot, I can literally stand in diablo’s lightning blast the entire duration of it and take little-to-no damage.

There is absolutely no challenge

Is the game supposed to become ez trash after you get geared out?

Please let me know.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Yes.

#20 characters.

5 Likes

Damn, I was afraid of that.

The game was really fun, especially leveling, I was hoping for end-game content but there doesn’t seem to be any. I’ve done ubers, and they are fun, but the keysets take too much time to acquire and torches sell like crap. Also dedicated smiter-uber pally never dies ;\

1 Like

And now the only challenge that is left are other players, you’ve come to the same point that many long time players have come to, pvp or move on.

5 Likes

Thats unfortunate. I’m curious why this game is so legendary when after 3 months you can 1-2shot everything and NEVER die.

Based on what I heard, I assumed it had a lot to offer.

Not just

Level up
Get Geared
1-2 shot everything and never, ever die or face a challenge

Because it was revolutionary during the time it was made. The first Diablo put the genre on the map and d2 expanded it. There just wasn’t anything better in the genre at the time but since then the formula has evolved. People came back for nostalgic reasons, but you can really tell the age on the game.

3 Likes

This is what a smiter looks like in PD2. You cannot just simply stand in 1 spot and win (press the play button here).

Now hold your breath for 5 star quality gameplay (press the play button here):

Do you know if they will be improving on the game or was it simply a graphical update?

Like I would love for them to buff the mobs, give them extra health and dmg and more affixes on elite packs. I would love to be running through chaos sanctuary barely surviving while hordes of demons chunk away at my health bar.

Will that ever happen do ya think or will the end-game stay easy trash?

Probably some balance update and items, I don’t expect anything game changing. Any new ideas would be reserved for Diablo 4. Been a long time player of OG D2 LoD, the only endgame that’s any challenge left after you’re geared is killing other players, if that’s not your thing unfortunately there’s nothing else’s except for more grinding.

Have you tried Ubers? It will give you a challenge for a couple more weeks until you perfect your build.

Did you by any chance made a hammerdin?

Can this mod be played with the D2:R graphics?

Seems awesome, but looks horrible compared to the new graphics.

@Indian, I made 15 chars, two of each class, 3 pally tho. I have one hammerdin, one FoH’din, One Smiter.

Try Hardcore if you want more of a challenge

7 Likes

All of them online i guess. Because offline can be more difficult, if you use the /players command, and don’t use an S tier build.

Also HC is kind of difficult.

Who knows, maybe they’ll come out with a paid expansion with some new content+endgame tasks for D2:R players to gnaw on until D4 comes out. Bring it on.

3 Likes

Yes, all 15 characters are online.

I’ve tried joining 6+ player games but it takes tons of time to find, the content is often done, and the people in game don’t want you there.

They should allow you to create a single-session game with a set player difficulty. I would love to throw my builds at P8 mobs but haven’t had that chance. I spent one day doing nothing but looking for P8 games, most end in 5 minutes though because they are baalruns.

I advocated for a P8 command for online nonladder, but babies cried that new players might get gear quicker then they did.

1 Like

How are you doing with the PvP? Or any other characters? You know you don’t have to use the absolute best stuff either, right? Diablo 2 is like Dark Souls. The difficulty is fixed, but you can make it as easy or challenging as you want. The choice truly is yours.

1 Like

Unfortunately we can’t. But hopefully Blizzard sees how much talent Senpai (or Rathma modder) has and hires them for an expansion or content patch.

1 Like

@Supercuddles

How am I doing with PvP?

Ok, I took the smiter in a few times, was O.K. charge + smite wrecks regular builds.

PvP is definitely not the selling point of this game, I can think of 10+ games that have better pvp. I took this game up for PvM, I wanted to slay demons. I do not anticipate doing PVP in this game since there are so many others that do it so much better.

Diablo 2 is not like Dark Souls. Dark souls is challenging, diablo 2 is not challenging (unfortunately), simply time-consuming.

@Nickie that sucks, the mod seems like its how diablo should be. I would love to see them take that mod, make it the base game, and then apply the graphics (however that works technically)

4 Likes

Play hardcore and try to get that geared.

Without getting rushed too, play the game for the challenge that it actually offers

2 Likes

D2 is unfortunately dated for both pvp and pvm. There are just so many new generation games with super immersive pve and competitive pvp. It sounds like you need a different game.

1 Like