Druid - what would you change in skills

Pick something you like @Zax

1 Like

what if spirit of barbs would prevent damage on allies equal to the reflected damage

I will be giving him something to deal with phys immunes and fire as its where druid struggle the most.

you could just remove the immunity on the monsters. probably for the best. if they are just a struggle.

1 Like

Well i already did on regular monsters but they have still 90% or 95%.

i remember there was an idea. that monster resist was capped at 90 or something %. but some monsters would have more resistance that they couldn’t benefit from. but you had to reduce this resist before minus resist skills or gear got effective.

I would the 3 creepers change, well at least the poison creeper, would be nice if it would do more damage.

Remove the temporary thingy on the ravens, I want them to be there all the time without having to resummon them every minute. Those who want to resummon them to attack an other enemy can still do this.

Changing the artic blast skill so that it gets a good endgame skill

Improving the werebear skills. It’s tanky yes, but werebear is kinda awfull compared to werewolf. It also has 1 skill less than the werewolf for whatever reasons.

1 Like

Oh, that reminds me that I’ve wanted to make Rabies accessible to werebear (so both forms could use it).
It’s been on my to-do list for my mod, but I just haven’t had time to fiddle with it, lately.

1 Like

Would be a cool idea :slight_smile:

Hey, guys first of all thank you all for ideas and suggestion as i had finaly time to check my druid topic. I have seen plenty of cool ideas from you. Complete skill rework from MasterBLB in his link was especialy amazing and very detailed.

I will definitely implememt some ideas you guys suggested.

I have written down changes for majority of skills and i have some suggestion and i am unsure about few skill and would like to hear your opinions:

Poison creeper
Do you think max 3 poison creepers at the same time would be ok with buff to dmg too?

Raven
They will not die - too much or not?

Solar creeper
I am not sure what to do with this. I am seriously thinking about replacing it with completely different summon. But which one? Any ideas? I think act 3 have some cool creatures which would fill the gap. Maybe frogs shooting acid projectiles doing fire dmg as druid doesnt have summons with range attack?

Artic blast
I am basicly playing with two ideas, either making it with wide range or making it able to fully freeze enemies, what do you think?

Maul
How often is maul used? I dont really play bear druid so idk it it need buff or changes.

Hunger
I want to replace this skill. I had one idea and i would like to hear opinions. Hunger will be replaced with skill “Rotting flesh”. If monster is hit by it, it lowers life over time. It would be basicly negative hp regen. Good ?bad? Something else instead?

There is option B, Ice claws, working like fire claws but with cold dmg having synergies with some cold skills.

Thx for feedack :slight_smile:

Also i might abandon this topic in future as i keep updating my main topic with changes i make so if you want too see what i did or will do with skills in future, you can watch my progress here:

That does not matter much, with point investment Ravens peck so many times it stops being a concern. What really is annoying in the skill is casting Dim Vision on target, and therefore override ex. Decrepify provided by mercenary.

I’ve incorporated it into my Wind Druid build, and actually find it really useful. It allowed me to replace Insight with Reaper’s Toll for the merc, and provided a HUGE damage increase + another way to deal with physical immune foes. Leave it as it is.

1 Like

That will not be issue tho i plan to have spirit of barbs with aura decreasing physical/cold/fire resistance so druid will not need the curses to lower phys res.

A possibility to add a curse is always welcomed, so even with that change curse overriding by Ravens will still be annoying.

True, but i kind of like that curse as its quite effective and helping to your army. Maybe blindness could actualy lower phys res too if i think about it. And spirit of barbs would have only aura to lower poison, fire and cold dmg.

Naay, it’s possible to make a curse not override each other - see Attract. Just make special version of Dim Vision, applied only by Ravens, which behaves that way.

1 Like

Those both sound cool to me.

You couuuld make the Solar Creeper buff all the pets when it eats a corpse, like add fire damage to them or something for a few seconds. >.>

1 Like

Spirit of Barbs should change to provide all resistant. i.e. 1% per skill lv. max 30%

1 Like

without going too wild with the changes i would suggest that since shapeshifters can’t use teleport at least give them some passive movement speed with Lycanthropy.

could start with something like 20% movement speed at level 1 and then a 2% increase in each point invested.

it also makes sense lore-wise, you are transformed in a large beast, you should be able to run fast :slight_smile: