Druid - what would you change in skills

Basically that when using skills (or base attack) the APS cap is now very low.
Basically every non-fury build got the nerf hammer even though most were underperforming.
With that all other shapebuilds (Beast or Wolfhowl) got butchered.
Atleast according to the numbers, was going to build a few but after the “change” (ruin) I simply gave up on those, so haven’t verified it myself, but everything I could find on it confirmed what I expected, most are dead.

Can’t have it all :stuck_out_tongue:
Just think that if someone wants to play a Druid from the Frozen Wastes they should not have to start as Fire or Melee, to end up with a build that uses Cold mostly as Crowd Control and with 90% of the damage output being Physical.
The thing that stopped me mostly from playing a Hurricane Druid, respec was a must and you end as a Physical Tornado druid with a little cold on the side.

1 Like

Sure i agree with that completely, thats why i already removed skill requirements from paladin skills. It doesnt really make sense to level up skills you dont want to use just to get to those you want.

I don’t know if it’s possible with text modding, but I would flip-flop the positions of ‘Werewolf’ and ‘Lycanthropy’ in the Shapeshifter tree.

I think I see why they did it that way (so you could have the active skill sooner; just a guess), but logically it never made sense to me.
You should have a point in Lycanthropy before you can spend in Werewolf; it doesn’t make sense the other way around, as it has always been.

2 Likes

Arctic blast: generates small ice nova on targets it touches

Werebear: melee damage splashes

As always: general fire skill buff , fire patches on the ground apply a debuff effect on monsters reducing their fire resistances while they are standing in it

Ie: 0.1sec duration -40fire resist

1 Like

Yeah its easy change in txt to change requirements. But messing with skill tree graphic is wors , still totaly possible tho :slight_smile:

1 Like

Idk anything about Druid but here’s my random thought.

Make the Werewolf/Werebear forms able to do everything the Human Form can do + give bonuses to different aspects of the Druid and an Aura

For Example: Werewolf gives +FCR, +FHR, Fanaticism Aura, ect….

Werebear gives like +AllRes, +Crushing Blow, +whatever blah blah

Just random ideas with no thought. I just think it’s cool to always want to be in Werewolf or Werebear form no matter your build lol

1 Like

I’d rather add a new skill (as new form) to the elemental tree - similar to WoW’s Druid -, that would add FCR and such and leave Shapeshift as is for melee.

2 Likes

It’s my wish changes:

1. Fire - more % physical dmg for skills. The problem is Build is ok, but without a lot of + skills we need so much spam to kill monsters.
  2. Wind - change aiming Tornado and maybe add new synergies from Arctic Blast to Wind Build skills. Build has 2 source of dmg and a bit tanky cuz Cyclone Armor, but is so slow and this Tornado is terrible to play it for a long time.
  3. Summoner - need buffs, it’s extremely slow.
  4. Add AoE for Werebear:

a) add cleave / splash effect to Maul skill

b) Fire Claws have synergy from Firestorm and Molten Boulder so add new effects to Fire Claws

• 5% or 10% Chance to cast level X (depends on our current lvl of skill) Firestorm on attack with Fire Claws
  • 5% or 10% Chance to cast level X (depends on our current lvl of skill) Molten Boulder on attack with Fire Claws
2 Likes

That’s super cool too. I like the Druid shapeshifting aspect a lot

1 Like

40% faster run / walk group buff while hurricane is active. only active inside the hurricane.
no duration on wereforms.
40 seconds duration feral rage per charge. up to 120 seconds. one charge is lost each 40 second if not refreshed.
Spirits share each others effect. but only from hard points. same with vines / creepers

2 Likes

I would remove solar and carrion vine. They are pretty useless.
Make poison creeper a level 12 skill with increased number of creepers with base skills points (maybe max a 3 creepers).

Level 1 would be poisoned arrow. ST poison missile skill that converts x% physical damage to poison with a low length of effect.
Level 24 skill would be toxic barrage. also requires a missile weapon. Think rain of arrows that casts poison arrows leaving green clouds. This would be a blizzard clone but poison flavoured.
Synergies for this tree would be the 2 new skills themselves in addition to Rabies and poison creeper. Rabies tho would skill only have a synergy with poison creeper and vice versa.

Builds would be:
20 poisoned arrow
20 poison creeper
20 toxic barrage
20 rabies
20 in favorite spirit
2-3 points in prerequisites

I’td be great to have bow skills on a class other than the amazon.

2 Likes

a timer which show how much transform time left. Just die a HC bear from times up back to human form, while battling with group of monster

2 Likes

Give the oak sage some kind of ranged attack imo. Maybe give it the rogue merc’s ai so it lives longer, perhaps. >.>

1 Like

More logical would be to have both Bear and Wolf come from Lycanthropy.
And again with some rework I think both Bear and Wolf should be level 1 skills so you could start as one or the other, Fireclaws and Hunger stand alone no prereq, so you could chose for Wolf or Bear without ever having to put skills into the other.

3 Likes

Allowing them to teleport when shapeshifted would be incredibly cool and fun, but idm the current state of the game… Maybe allow fire skills tick to stack without delay between them.

1 Like

he could give hunger a teleport effect or equivalent. when you use hunger it instantly teleports you to the target and takes a bite 100% hit.

1 Like

By the way, I’m still curious if you would be able to make a D2R version where every “class only” affixes are turned into Oskills instead

Would love to test how the game feels

1 Like

Things on the Druid that really need work:

1: Hunger
2: Arctic Blast
3: The Vines, especially Carrion and Solar
4: Spirit of Barbs

Hunger: I can think of two options.

Option A: Make Hunger Always Hit. That would allow it to be used with Crushing Blow, and combined with the extremely high life leech it might be viable as an Uber killer?

Option B: Replace Hunger with Ice Claws. Basically, Fire Claws, but Ice instead. Make Hurricane the synergy. I think this is the option I prefer. Especially if you combine the Fire Claws synergy to one synergy (for double the damage increase) which should be Armageddon.

Arctic Blast: Make it so Arctic Blast can pierce Cold Immunes. I’d suggest doing by having each ice shard that hits an enemy reduces that enemy’s Cold Resistance by -1%. Allow that to stack, and if it hits enough times it can break the immunity. Second, make it freeze enemies instead of chill. Those two changes ought to make it a viable skill.

Vines: These are all really weak. They need an ability that makes it worth investing in them. Since the Spirit skill branch is all about buffing your party, how about making the Vines branch about debuffing the enemy? Second, the vines need some kind of defensive ability for the vine itself, making it survive longer. Finally, the Carrion and Solar Vines need a synergy.

Poison Vine: Add an aura to the vine that Slows Enemies by 1%, with each point in Poison Vine increasing the Slow effect by 1%. Add a Chance Monster is Stunned When Struck effect to the vine, starting at 1% and increasing by 1% per a point in Poison Vine, with a duration of 2 seconds. Thus, level 20 Poison Vine would have a Slow Enemies 20%, and 20% Chance Monster is Stunned When (the Vine is) Struck. Both of these abilities would work well with poison damage.

Carrion Vine: Since Carrion Vine restores life; I think we should aim to make it work well with Shapeshifter builds. Add an aura to the vine that reduces Enemy Attack Rating by -2%, and Enemy Damage by -0.5%. Each point in Carrion Vine further reduces Enemy Attack Rating by -2%, and Enemy Damage by -0.5%. Add a Chance Monster Flees When Struck effect to the vine, starting at 1% and increasing by 1% per a point in Poison Vine. Thus, a level 20 Carrion Vine reduces Enemy Attack Rating by -40%, and Enemy Damage by -10%, with Monster Flees (from the Vine) When (the Vine is) Struck 20%. As for synergies, how about each point in Carrion Vine grants 2% Open Wounds to both Feral Rage and Maul (thus giving both wereforms access to it).

Solar Vine: Since Solar Vine restores mana I think we should aim to make it work well with Elementalist builds. Add an aura to the vine that reduces Enemy Resistances (Cold, Fire, Lightning, Poison) by -1%, and allow this effect to break Immunities. Each point in Solar Vine further reduces Enemy Resistances by -1%. Add a Chance Monster is Blinded When Struck effect to the vine, starting at 2% and increasing by 2% per a point in Solar Vine. Thus, a level 20 Solar Vine reduces Enemy Resistances by -20%, or -4% against Immune Monsters, with 40% Chance Monster is Blinded When (the Vine is) Struck. Even if you got the vine up to level 50 (max realistically possible), that would still only grant -10% Enemy Resistances to Immune Monsters.

Spirit of Barbs: Since the Spirit of Barbs is about dealing damage when attacked, it seems to me that the best thing to pair with this is a high defense, so that the attacks don’t hit very often. That also fits with the theme of Spirits buffing the party, and it makes sense that barbs on your armor not only damages attackers, but makes those attacks less effective. Add effect of increasing party Defense starting at +10% and increasing by +10% per a point in Spirit of barbs.

With the above changes to Carrion Vine and Spirit of Barbs, I could see a high defense Werebear Maul build: 20 Points in Werebear, 20 in Maul, 20 in Carrion Vine, 20 in Spirit of Barbs, and then probably 20 in Grizzly Bear.

1 Like

ive posted this before

since druid cant tele in shape form… they need paladins charge… it fits thematically. a wild animal charging.
and it would give them access to a skill to keep up with all the other classes teleporting.

arctic blast is useless and not even funny as a meme. just remove it all together.

Agreed