Drop rates suck

If you want /players x, go play local single player.

Well thank you Captain Obvious. :clap: :clap:

You’re welcome! Sometimes you gotta spell it out for people. :slight_smile:

This was the type of person on these forums that I was referring to btw.

I remember the first time I seen a Unique hydra bow drop in worldstone throne room, I felt my teenage heart tighten as 5 of us raced to the center to grab it, sadly… I never got it but just the fact that It was within my grasp was a rush.

As far as the drop rates go sadly it has become the norm for a good portion of the player base to expect maximum reward for minimal effort, and I mean to a degree I get it but that’s part of this classics charm. I as well hope it doesn’t change.

1 Like

Most bots already have BiS in this game.

No please don’t let him explain it, please just let him go back under his bridge where he belongs. Troll bridge paid.

1 Like

The fact that YOU have had issues with the drop rates, because you got unlucky, has no impact on people who get lucky.

I definitely agree drop rates are low. But that’s kind of how D2 is. That’s why it’s so amazing when you do find something. I played D2 for years before and only found 1 High Rune. Been playing D2R for a couple weeks and found 2. It’s an RNG fest.

Cry me a river. I repeat.

1 Like

I would like a higher difficulty in D2R that would increase drop rates or add an increased drop rate % to hardcore mode.

1 Like

Yep they do , and that’s one of the reason i love d2 …

Most game you hunt a gearset , then nothing … wow , get bis or kill everything in the content , then nothing … D3 , gather perfect roll gearset , push infinite rift mechanic , and nothing …

And since diablo 2 has no actual endgame , hunting that perfect gear set is what makes it good , so for sure the drop rates are awful , but thats how d2 lasted this long to get remastered!

1 Like

Thats Capitalism my friend

It’s an old game.

To be frank, there’s much better ARPG’s out there. You either live with it or move on to something like TL2, Last Epoch, or Grim Dawn.

I honestly love D2, it was an amazing game for it’s time. But I think the nostalgia wore off after about 100 hours in. I still quite enjoy it but I find myself seeing more and more of the things that newer ARPGs have drastically improved on. I do wish they would have added an optional Modern UI with proper 1 button hotkey support and aura/debuff timers. But it was still worth the $40 just for the art upgrade.

Thank you for the suggestions. I will check them out :+1:

2 Likes

In terms of items that I can sell for High rates, isn’t too bad, it allows me to repair my gear, anyway, and it’s getting helluh expensive.

If you are going through that now… then I am in for a rude awakening, I hope I don’t get that kind of luck.

I hope your luck changes for the better, cheers man.

You found an ist rune? Hell I’ve been grinding nonstop since launch and my highest rune was pul. Done a mix of cows, chaos, and mostly meph runs (council gets ganked too). Probably my worst rune luck on a reset launch (similar to ladder), but I guess certain drops have made up for the lack of runes. Arachs, 2 hoz, 2 natures, 1 shako, 2 highlords, and some other less memorable items. Although runes being on a separate table of sorts not requiring mf it’s still silly to only find a pul. Even hellforge trolled me with a lum rune I think. Only one of my friends seems to have come across anything high like ohm. Solo runs make the odds feel extremely bad so that’s probably my fault.

I can’t join public games with the controller auto loot issue going on. It’s a waste of time seeing runes if people instantly loot them with a built in pickit so I’d rather solo or join games with 3-4 people and run chaos by myself. They really goofed on controller looting. The highest rune rate right now is either javazons spamming cows with groups or hammerdin chaos runs, neither character I’ve made yet. Not having a group is a large detriment to rune farming in general.

I would argue that this isn’t true as I’ve had Andariel drop literally nothing fairly frequently. Not bad items, not blues only, whatever…literally nothing. No items, None. I know there’s a chance for this happen, but it’s supposed to be very rare especially since she’s a “pick 7” kill. Do you know what the odds of having a no item pick 7 times in a single kill is? And then having this happen more than 10% of the kills? There is absolutely something wrong with the D2R loot tables, even compared to the original game.

And this coming from someone who found an SoJ on their first non-quest hell meph kill and occulus in the middle of act 3 off a random normal flayer. There’s RNG, and then there’s broken functions. There is something wrong with the game code and the way it’s handling drops.

Liar. Nothing more to say.

1 Question for you, How Much Magic find are you using??
Once I got around 300 mf Items started raining from the sky.
I’m currently around 500 mf.
P.s. I got a Freaking Tal rasha amulet in Normal Last Night. 100%