Drop rates suck

How do you clear hell cows in 7 minutes with 400% MF without having a single usable item?

Once again, I did not say I have no useable items. I have very nice MF gear, probably gear that most people would love to have. But it was all grinded through low rune trading. I’ve never had a single useful item drop, nor a single item worth anything over a Pul rune drop. Farming Monarchs in Hell Cows, adding sockets in the cube and trading them for Um runes is not the same as finding useable items.

1 Like

Believe it or not, runes and Monarchs are usable items. I am stoked on a Pul rune drop.

Why not try farming Keys? Keys can also be traded for good items, or you can farm ubers if you’re capable.

Farm keys, get runes as you do it.

1 Like

Welcome to Diablo 2… pretty obvious you are new to the game :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yes Monarchs are useful the first time. They really don’t bring any excitement compared to an actual item. Oh joy another Um rune. Only 18 more and I can maybe trade for a useful item. Sounds so fun :roll_eyes:

I shouldn’t have to play Diablo 2 like it’s a glorified Craigslist. If the most efficient way to gear your character is trading as opposed to actually playing the game then you need to reexamine your drop rates.

Pretty sure that doesn’t make any sense. I mean, first of all, you need to play the game to have anything worth trading.

ARPGs are always this way regardless of drop rates. Trading for what you want will always be faster than acquiring it through a random drop. That makes sense right? Because there’s a huge set of items available, and you want a few specific things. Chances are you find the things that other people need so you can trade for what you need.

The only way around it is to ban trading completely and play solo self found. Then you need to destroy the entire loot table and only drop specific things for your character, so you call that “smart loot”.

It just obliterates the design and defeats the purpose of the game.

Yeah so I guess the problem here is you after all. Apparently your gear is just fine and you’re finding plenty of useful drops, just nothing jaw dropping so far. I’m sure your (bad) luck will change soon enough if you keep going.

1 Like

Right? I freakin love Um runes.

1 Like

Yes trading will always be more efficient, but it shouldn’t be the only viable option. I played the original D2 and LOD for years and never traded once. Never had issues finding upgrades or useful items. I know people that played LOD for over 10 years and never saw a rune drop over Ist. If items are so rare, a player could never hope to find them if they played for a lifetime, I wouldn’t call that good game design.

go play d3 and never return here. we don’t need your kind

4 Likes

Bruh you’re playing the same game with different graphics. The loot table is the same. I found a Ber rune on the first weekend, and I thought they increased drop rates.

It’s just rng my friend.

Drop rate is fine, it’s probably your luck

You have alot of faith in Blizzard that I don’t have, and my personal experience would lead me to believe otherwise. Considering there have been over 35 undocumented changes between LoD and D2R discovered already, I see no reason to believe they didn’t adjust the drop tables to artificially increase gameplay

Well I’ll argue the opposite since my group has found multiple HRs already. They definitely increased drop rates because otherwise their D3 demographic wont have fun.

Conspiracies are fun.

Well, I don’t know about you but when something higher than a Hel rune drops I near soil myself.
Could be reading into it incorrectly but it seems your expectations of how the drops in the game works is a little skewed, if you have “MF gear that most would desire” and your doing everything without issue, then what grounds do you have to stand on to say that the games drop rates suck when there are people who have been playing as long that have less doing the same runs?
May I ask what exactly it is that you would consider a ‘useable’ item ? and if you can acquire said items through trades (as you stated you’ve grinded) then are they not useful in the long run ? or, are you expecting to do LK runs and pop Bers and Jahs on each opening, surely then it wouldn’t be atleast not the first couple times.

Key word there is group. I don’t play in multiplayer games because I won’t put up with controllers and auto looting.

We just talk on discord and do our own thing usually. Not really playing multiplayer in the same game except on occasion.

Dude if they really make you that happy then make a game and I will give you all the Hel runes you can carry. I have mules overflowing with low runes

Stop picking them all up then and you’ll go faster. Imagine how much more farming you could do if you weren’t spending time muling low runes.

I can’t not pick them up. I literally gave away 10 Tal Masks for free the other night because I couldn’t bring myself to vendor them and they aren’t worth my time to try and trade them. It’s just wasteful to leave items on the ground

1 Like