Drop & difficulty scaling

You must have been on the debate team.

You are correct! The correlation between longevity and low drop rates is certainly a causation!

Its not a disproval of your factually incorrect statement (d2 only lasted this long because drop rates are the lowest in video gaming), its a supportive assertion! There are no games with decent drop rates that have lasted more than a decade!

You are A++

Curious, do you spend you so called 12 hours a day complaining about drop rates or actually farming?

You want loot to fall from the sky WE GET IT.

Yes, a 2.4% increase to drop rates is indeed me wanting enigma’s to fall out of the sky!

1 Like

You really think a meager 2.4% increase in drop rate is going to appease people wanting better drops? Heh, sorry, but it won’t. People will be right back here begging for better drops. The cycle will repeat over and over, until eventually the progression of the game is lightning fast.

Lol what ? 2.4 that’s the first time you mentioned to me what you actually wanted…. And 2.4 increased rate is actually massive. Go play d3 you short attention span gamer

Leave the gamers that like to earn their loot alone

But I do thank you for the entertainment

Your tears make
Me smile

1 Like

If the progression of the game is lightning fast , there’s no point to it.

The point of diablo is to get better and better gear each time you play, you become a little bit better geared.

If you had all perfect gg gear on every character there’d be no point to playing.

Maybe there are people dumb enough to want to ruin the game for themselves, but don’t lump me in with them !!

I understand and appreciate that diablo 2 is really a gear game – once you have all GG gear – theres nothing left to do in the game but F around with odd builds.

I love the gear hunt, but it has to be REASONABLE.

1 Like

It’s gamers like him that caused games like Diablo immortal to become a reality

To that, I respond with what I said earlier:

1 Like

It may be. This didn’t start until I made a necro and realized he is trash without the ability to teleport. I tried naj’s puzzle but swapping weapons you lose so many summons.

So I started my quest to get an Enigma. And thats when the frustration set in. I was fine before then.

Best place to farm high runes is travincal

Don’t listen to noobs that say otherwise

Also, this wouldn’t be such an issue if they made the whole game playable

With this mechanic the longer you spend time clearing The game the harder the monsters become… but also more rewarding

So you are not locked in certain optimal places to farm and spam games.

A single game can become optimal everywhere

1 Like

Great post!

My biggest issue with the game before my enigma fixation was that it was too easy. Going around never dying 2shotting everything gets old after while.

Then the enigma hunt started and holy hell the drop rates became an issue.

I feel both can be solved… there are many different solutions out there to the problem.
Mainly the difficulty thing is my stickler. I’d love tougher mobs, the most fun I have right now is against ubers. I’d love to fight tough monsters in areas I haven’t farmed 200+ times.

When this happens I take a break and come back to the game days or weeks later

thats not a bad idea, thank you for the advice!

For the longest time I’d hop on, pick a class, level it up to 80, then pick a new class, level it up to 80, etc., til I had 1 char of each class.

It was really fun and relaxing just popping on for a few hours and going act-by-act leveling up and questing/progressing.

I started the ‘Grinding’ about 3 weeks ago and haven’t stopped since then. Its just been trading and farming nonstop. Maybe I’ve hit a point where I really just need to chill for a bit.

Yeah i got really into it and stopped playing for similar reasons

One day I fired it back up and I was having so much fun with a new build, druid.
Not meta.

I had so much fun for so long that I got the stuff I needed

Starts a snowball of playing.
Then get bored and/or frustrated
Stop
Rest
Restart
Repeat x10 years

Yeah thats probably what I’ll do. I made a wind-druid that is really fun to play, never played that way before with a protective shield, spells, and a grizzly bear! I tried initially to make a werewolf build work as I thought that would be a lot of fun but there’s no real AoE, Fury just doesn’t do a good enough job so I respec’d. Maybe I will try bear.

Thanks!

Maybe dont do chaos then? :slight_smile:

So you did what 450 runs? You are still only 1/5 of the way there at best. I’d be surprised if you’d found one.

i get jah after 1 month ++ playing everyday

Well, your first problem was trying to farm Keys of Hate from Countess instead of Summoner.

But, assuming you meant Keys of Terror, does it take you 25 minutes to do a Countess run?

It takes 18 sets of ubers on average to get a complete set of torches for all 7 classes. E[# uber runs to all 7 class torches] = 7/7 + 7/6 + 7/5 + 7/4 + 7/3 + 7/2 + 7/1 = 18.15 (this is basically the coupon collector problem).

So you’d need 54 Keys of Terror on average. Maxroll drop calculator has Key of Terror at 1:13.6 on p1 (1:10.6 on p3). So you’d need 734 p1 Hell Countess runs on average. At 1 min per run, that means it should only take you about 12 hours. If it took you 300 hours, that would work out to something like 25 minutes per run.

You might say “well, I got really unlucky, it took me a bunch more runs than expected”. Yeah, but when you need this much of something, there’s a good chance your luck averages out. Law of large numbers. There’s a 99.9% chance it will take you between 460 and 1094 p1 Countess runs to get 54 keys, and a 99.99% chance it will take you between 420 and 1172 runs to get 54 keys. (this is a negative binomial distribution problem, expected number of runs to get x successes with probability p)

At 1 min a run, it’s extraordinarily unlikely it took you more than 20 hours to get 54 Keys of Terror.

I just finished farming a full set of all 7 class torches in single player and it took me a lot less than 300 hours. Like an order of magnitude less.

Honestly… I kinda hate games that scale the monsters based on your character’s level/gear/etc. I prefer having a set hurdle to jump over and building my character with that hurdle in mind rather than have that hurdle automatically adjust so that it’s just barely jumpable, or so that your character always has a slight advantage.

I don’t know how such a thing would even work on anything but single player, anyway. What happens when someone else joins the game? Will the monsters take the same amount of damage from a level 1 character as they would a level 99?

WoW now has a scaling mechanic in it and frankly I don’t much care for it.