D2's original team was working on guild halls and PVP modes

There’s no purpose to having PvP in diablo II other than scaring people in Hardcore games.

There’s no purpose in having monsters in the game other than to scare new players.

I see your one month forum vacation ended, let’s see how long it takes you to get banned again.

It’s used literally all the time.

It’s okay you need to change your argument from “does absolutely nothing outside of PvP” to “not needed or used” because you forgot that damage reduction applies to monsters.

You also forgot that things like Shako, Crown of Ages, and Enigma exist, or that plenty of people still use items like Stormshield, Shaftstop, String of Ears, IK set, Vamp Gaze etc.

It’s okay.

Sure because its a fact…

for me it’s the only reason to play though.

1 Like

I’m okay with both pvp maps and guild halls for pvp purposes if they put them in the game. And yes, D2 unilateral hostility was very much intentional and carries on from D1. This was a game with PVP in mind when it was made.

this game has the best pvp lol get mad noobs go kill the same monsters over and over again

2 Likes

literally the only time anyone ever tries to “PvP” in my experience is when you’re in a hardcore game, someone pops in, and randomly goes hostile on you, you hear that loud alert noise, and what do you do (unless you like potentially starting over)? You immediately press ESC and Save & Quit.

But why!? Is it really? Let’s be honest to ourselves…
Don’t get me wrong, I would love a more fleshed-out PvP. Not the case at the moment.

simply having maps and game modes for PvP doesn’t really mean the end game would have focused on PvP. It just means there would be more options for people that enjoyed PvP.

They would’ve run into a ton of issues formalising pvp in a game that was designed for pvm and balanced for pvm. Discussion here: PvP: make it official. Long post part 2/3 - General Discussion - Diablo 2 Resurrected Forums (blizzard.com)

and then they through it in a dumpster because no one pvps in d2 except hc low level griefers.

You are ignorant of an entire community. A community built by players. The beauty of D2 pvp is exactly that, built by players.

1 Like

If the game continues to change, I do think it will negatively impact pvpers. People will be mad, but at the end of the day this is still a PvE game. However, I do think pvpers will just adapt like they did post 1.10

An entire community comprising approximately 0.1% of the D2 playerbase.

Oh no. The ninja delete.

Should have probably edited instead of deleting. That is my mistake. I am trying to not engage in toxic behavior, that includes replying to ignorant users on the D2 forums.

1 Like

Toxic like the 0.1% who want to prevent any changes that benefit the 99.9% for fear that their precious PvP “balance” (hah) might be affected.

You goad me so. Where is your data to backup such a claim about the user base.

Or are you simply upset you get pked in pub games and come here to cry?