D2 is Dead, Long Live D3

Yeah man, its Blizzard who started with this tho since D3.
Ppl got too used to D3 and now QQ about the depth this game had to offer which was never rocket science to deal with.
Now Blizzard created a playerbase to appeal to their ezpz design philosophy and ofc agree with these players.

3 Likes

Terrible argument.

Diablo 1 had an entirely different skill system. All you had to do was farm Tomes. There were no synergies.

3 Likes

Another person who failed at reading OP?

1 Like

Yet there were some bosses with more than one immunity that relied on having Golem spell as a must compared to having a merc in D2.
D1 sorceror had it even harder than D2 sorceress in Hell.

Every class could use golem.

Point is d1 and d2 is apples to oranges.

3 Likes

Are you sure that a warrior could cap enough intelligence to even have golem on lvl 1 to learn the spell lol?
And why should a warrior skill golem since he already does physical damage xD.
Its like equipping a bow on warrior or a sword on sorceror, ofc you can but its stupid mate.

The point is immunities were designed since D1 and the mechanic came over to D2.
D1 sorceror was in the same shoes as D2 sorceress.
They needed an additional different damage source to overcome them, which the games always offered to the player.

If every class being able to use golem in d1 vs d2 is apples to oranges, its the same thing these charms are adding. They will make it into a completely different game. 1.09 to 1.10+ d2 is apples to oranges.

1 Like

Never specified at lvl 1. You would even encounter an immune at that lvl anyway.

Immunes were not initially in D2 they werent added untill 1.10

You did have it, all classes had all spells.

Dude, you know that a book requires intelligence/magic as a requisite to learn the spell right?
Golem on lvl 1 with low damage requires 81 intelligence/magic atribute to be able to be even used.
The warrior has a cap of max 50 magic on atributes, all extra magic atributes come from itemization.
You know how strong a golem lvl 1 is in hell right? You will never get max level with the warrior for golem spell.

Dont cry so much, youre all boring and frustrating. The game need those new features cuz already 20 years old. Dont except that this game will hold for another 20 years. Im already 41 and i come back for the retro feeling and my memorys when we played LAN LoD partys with my highschool freinds.Most of us adults with family. The new youth dont play with this retro game, there are many better and visualy much beutifull MMO’s, for example Final Fantasy XIV.
Where will you be guys after 20 years? I will be in my sixtys and you guys?
And still be playing with D2R? Dont joke guys.
Some of us be happy that we live healthy and without financial problems after 20 years .
Maybe this game has 5 years when Blizard dont ruin themselves.
So be happy that you can play with these new features.
Without any changes in the past 20 years that alone is a miracle this game still exist. So just acept and adapt . When you dont like it , play the original LoD , you can still buy it from the shop and thats it.

7 Likes

Pretty sure you’re thinking of synergies, which were added in 1.10. Immunity was definitely around before synergy, I think 1.07.

That’s why I dont understand why immunity catches all the flak when synergy is the problem and always has been. =\

2 Likes

Have to add characters to be able to correct you. 1.07

1 Like

It’s almost like this is a PTR where they can change things. This isn’t 2.5 release, they’re not going to leave it as is. Instead of just crapping all over it why not actually try it out and offer some constructive criticism?

I think the idea is cool to allow any build to farm in any area, and it’s not just a free pass for immunities either. You still need to find the right type of Sunder charm, you still need sources of resist reduction (otherwise you’re going up against 95% resistance), and you need to make up the resist penalty too.

Having said that there is definitely room for improvement, I think Conviction/Lower Resist working at 100% efficiency against Sundered monsters is too much, they should still be subject to the 1/5 penalty against Sundered monsters.

This way Infinity would still be a decent help (85/5 = 17%, so brings down 95% to 78%) but you’d still want -Enemy Resistance% to reduce that 78% even lower, so Griffon’s, Flickering Flame, Wizendraw/Doom/Ice, facets, etc. are still very useful.

There’s also the issue of Cold Mastery, sorcs can extremely easily reach 150-200% cold pierce which means you could farm anywhere once you get a Cold Rupture Sunder charm.

Cold Mastery should be subject to the 1/5 penalty against Sundered monsters. That 150-200% pierce would become 30-40% pierce, so still a decent amount of pierce but not way overturned. Perhaps the penalty for CM specifically could be even higher like 1/10, that would reduce 150-200 to 15-20 pierce.

Going back to the point about Conviction/Lower Resist above, Amp Damage/Decrepify should be exempted from that change because physical builds don’t have facets or any sources of -Enemy Physical Resistance% to benefit from, so it’d be unfair if they could only reduce Sundered monsters to 75% physical resistance while elemental/poison could reduce them much more.

TL;DR: I think Sunder is a cool idea but could definitely use refinement. Some of my ideas:

1. Conviction/Lower Resist should only be 1/5 effective against Sundered monsters, this would prevent Infinity from becoming overtuned and you’d still want/need -Enemy Resist% gear to be efficient against Sundered monsters.
  1. Cold Mastery should only be 1/5 effective against Sundered monsters, that way cold sorcs don’t become mega overpowered. Perhaps even a 1/10 penalty could be considered. 150-200% cold pierce would become either 30-40% pierce or a mere 15-20% pierce, it’d still be a big help to reduce 95% resistance monsters but you’d probably want some -ECR% from Doom or facets or something.
  1. Amp Damage/Decrepify should probably be excluded from idea #1 because there’s no sources of -Enemy Physical Resistance%, it’d be unfair for them to be penalized since they wouldn’t be able to reduce Sundered monsters below 75% physical resistance.

Amp and Decrepify are also fairly hard to acquire for non-necromancers and physical damage classes in general tend not to be as powerful as casters so I think it’d be okay.

2 Likes

If they intend on leaving this in the game, they will need to make it as rare as zod. Then actually fix the hammerdin problem.

8 Likes

either way. they were not part of og D2

Before 1.07 there were NO potions of mana

Mana potions have existed since 1.00, but they weren’t available at vendors until 1.10+.

I’ll be rocking a pure fire sorceress in Chaos Sanctuary and you won’t be able to do anything to stop me :kissing_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Yep. Cool. You can farm anywhere with anything now. Cause it’s diverse when it’s all the same. o.o

2 Likes

While I’m not a fan of this whatsoever, I must point out that Immunity still exists. Meaning at the start of Ladder, you’ll still have to make Hybrid builds or work in a team, you’ll still have to farm areas of the game conducive to your respective build and this charm doesn’t change the fact that Sorceress/Hammerdins will still dominate every damn Ladder like they always do.

What this charm does is that once you “acquire” it, all builds will effectively ignore Immunity and have it set to 95. The shortsided nature of this is that it doesn’t take into consideration Unique/Super Unique’s and their native Immunity to certain Elements. For example, Bishboshi in Cold Plains can now be wasted by Fire builds. Frozenstein in Frozen River can now be annhilated by Cold builds. Do Unique Monster affixes such as Fire Enchanted, Spectral Hit or Magic Resistant mean anything? Did they even think this through when doing this?

They’d be better off setting ALL FCLP Resistance on Hell to 95(which buffs Monsters across the board, Physical to 50/Magic to 75 again a buff for Magic seeing as many are 0), making ALL areas of Hell difficult for ALL Elements while making Uniques/Super Uniques completely immune to Damage if they roll with Stone Skin/Enchanted/Magic Resistant/Mana Burn(Spectral Hit would not apply since it works when Resistance is less than 75%).

This combined with Skill Balance(Cold Mastery, Conviction, Lower Resist in particular) would put more emphasis on what you find as opposed to the skills themselves and the need for Infinity is a luxury rather than a necessity.

2 Likes