D2 is Dead, Long Live D3

You few that wanted immunity gone got your wish, and now you can all see what happens and why they were a necessary evil in the first place.

In the name of ‘build diversity’, you’ve made it so that 1 char can farm everything. In pursuit of ‘balance’ you’ve made all classes, mobs and damage types the same. All that rhetoric about ‘good game design’ just got the game dumbed down and made easier. Brilliant.

You should’ve spent all that time complaining about synergies instead, because they are the real problem. Immunities were just a symptom. But alas, Blizzard has already listened to the wrong people and are now fixing the wrong problem.

This is going to be a huge can of worms to balance by the way, and they weren’t exactly excelling in that area to begin with. Totally unnecessary waste of time for all concerned. Ugh. =/

Anyway, good job. You broke the game. >.>

86 Likes

Every now and then I will do the start of a Diablo 3 season. I do everything I need to do and get bored with the game after about 5 days.

The decision to implement these charms (if they are not uber rare) moves Diablo more towards that direction. Where it will only take a few days for me to do what I need to do and there will be nothing else. Where as before, I would be motivated to level up different classes so I could farm different areas, etc.

So this all stems from the same mindset that is directing the rest of Blizzard’s games right now. It’s the same mentality. Catering to the exact same demographic. Not Diablo 2 players. Really dumb.

I was an advocate for giving Blizzard a chance to further develop the game. But I clearly was wrong. They are completely unable to divert from the same guiding principles they use in their other games which cater only to one demographic, not this game’s.

35 Likes

So as a way to take care of hammerdins being overpowered is just make a RNG drop from where you need a hammerdin to farm.

9 Likes

Consider Immunities not a feature of D4 folks.
These guys really dislike them and prefer ezmode for every casual player.
So much about getting back to the roots Blizzard, again you prove yourself that you lie to your playerbase.

13 Likes

It wasn’t a necessary evil. They didn’t even exist in D2 until around LoD. Yay for build diversity. If you wanna keep making light characters and hdins, feel free.

16 Likes

You mean when blue quality weapons were the best? When a simple runeword like Lore blows away most if not all classic uniques?

3 Likes

They existed since Diablo 1 bro…

1 Like

But Diablo 1 had immunitues

3 Likes

I’m talking about Diablo 2 for regular monsters.

d2re dev look to be big fan of Dbrunski and just kill the game

i hope for them is fan base will be enough too carry the game

because
1-classic player leave ,
2- pvp player have no much to enjoy from this chaos after the last few patch
3- me personaly after they kill the barb 2,4,3 i find 0 interest to update the game or the ptr

let blizzard listen to streamer and see how far they carry the game :roll_eyes: :rofl:

i think season 2 is already doa with any class or skill change and any new rune word

3 Likes

At the time there were potions of mana

1 Like

Yeah, now you can run around spamming the highest-damage immunity-ignoring skill for each character, just like in D3. Such diversity. Much variety. >.>

9 Likes

Wait for 2.6.
Mana potions removed, every class generates mana per hit aka d3.

6 Likes

Oh like you could already do on lightning characters? Lightning sorc, javazon, lightning trapper. Much diversity.

7 Likes

they just made frozen orb sorc even more broken than hammerdins.
She will be the new meta to melt everything.

2 Likes

He addressed those in his post with talking about synergies.

1 Like

I think you mean blizzard. Frozen orb has needed a buff in PvM for a long time.

5 Likes

You’re already crying before you even try the changes.

7 Likes

Sunder charms are NON SENSE!!!

NON SENSE!

An already braindead game is made to be even more braindead. This is a lazy catch-all massive BUFF to every single class and build in the game.

And mark my words the buff will not affect everybody equally. :face_vomiting:

12 Likes

Both are just as strong. Orb has clear instant hit but lesser damage while blizzard does not instantly hit enemies, even if it hits harder.