Immunities should disappear and instead leave the place to Super-resistant monsters

How to make the game more fun for everybody in 4 easy steps:

• Leave the current monsters resistance values

• add a maximum resistance to monsters

• make that cap increase based monsters type and mods

• immune tag is now replaced with “x resistant” for when is >= it’s cap

Monsters should be like players, natural resistance cap is 75 and then they can acquire special mods to increase that cap up to 95

So if you have a Fallen, his mob type raises him by 10 max dire resist up to 85, he can then have a champion or elite modifier like “fire enchant” that brings him up the 95%

People don’t understand how big the gap is between 75 and 95, it’s 20% flat but it’s 500% less damage

With such system monsters would still be freaking tank to certain elements but it wouldn’t negate the existence of certain builds

• the “resistant” tag could come with a buff to the monster HP equivalent to the overcapped resistance. So if he’s capped at 95 fire resist and he has 240 fire resist he has 145%inc life to compensate.

This keep the incentive to lower their resist without Back-dooring people who cant like immunities do

25 Likes

Or they could leave it alone. Nothing wrong with immunities and they’ve always been there.

35 Likes

If only there was some sort of helper or partner, sometimes even more powerful than you, that you could have to help you deal with things you can’t handle. Idk what we would call them. Mercenaries, perhaps? Maybe fwb?

6 Likes

Just get all the runes you need off ebay first, then you can actually play like all those pros with enigma.

5 Likes

And then Blizz sorcs would become even more powerful. We already got a small taste of what you’re wanting when a bug allowed Cold Mastery to break some immunities.

Keep it like it is.

2 Likes

Yes you are right… « it’s always been there » is a strong argument

Why end slavery… it’s always been there

Why end racism… it’s always been there

Not because something has always been there that it’s good

And before you dumbly say I equated “immunity” to those things… nope, I just magnified it to show the cracks in your logic

Immunities aren’t fine, it’s a bad mechanic that renders builds powerless…

Ps: they weren’t always there

Care to explain how it would make em stronger… curious because it wouldnt

Mate I took the time to ask you to understand how max resist and uncapped resist work before replying…

5 Likes

Nah… I love the perfectly immuned mobs against me. It was the best experience I had on this game. It allowed me to become creative… not facerolling everything. It only happens on Hell. Hell wont be hell if you faceroll everything.

3 Likes

Then ask blizzard to remove the crap synergy system that killed creativity by forcing you into a single skill, greatly weakening hybrid builds to a point it’s almost non existant

8 Likes

As I said, we already got a taste of that when CM was able to break immunes. Except with your idea, they’d be even more powerful in that they’d be able to damage ALL monsters instead of just the ones that CM can break.

Sorry if my concept of difficulty is based on incrementation rather than Boolean like you

You can do this content but it’s harder

Vs

You can do this content but can’t do this one

4 Likes

I’m sorry that you don’t like the game or the challenges it offers.

5 Likes

So you will ask this 20 years later. It wont happen. This is just a remaster. Whatever in there 20 years ago, it would be it.

Immune to you means you have to use your Merc and some of your abilities. I used only 1 point of Smite on my video and the rest is from my Merc. Learn2play or you dont deserve to be on Hell difficulty.

4 Likes

I’ve just been solo’ing my trapper through Act 3, why? because I figure if I can’t handle playing the game my build sucks. I really hate those lit immune flayers in the spider forest, in fact everything in there seems to be lit immune. It was dam annoying.

It was the most interesting part of the game so far. Even though I fully can handle them with fire blast, mind blast cloak etc, it actually challenged me and slowed me down. Once I got to the Flayer Jungle I had cold immune and lit immune flayers and it wasn’t even a thought anymore, LS till the Cold Immunes die, the DS them all!

Leave in the immunes, it makes the game a challenge. If you can’t slow down to fight the immunes, use your head and try something different, the game just sucks.

Haha considering that wanting to improve a flawed aspect means don’t like the whole thing… shows the logic you have and explains your replies

1 Like

By “improve” you mean “make easier”. That only leads to the game being able to be played blindfolded.

No thanks.

Enough of us witnessed first-hand what happens when people cry that the game is “too hard” with D3.

8 Likes

Spoken like someone who doesn’t know better.
No they weren’t always part of the game

6 Likes

This thread should disappear and instead leave the place to threads complaining about terrible servers and the general theft of our childhood nostalgia.

Oh yeah, because we don’t already have 3000 of those

Not enough until it’s fixed. People should be fired.

1 Like

Would the little baby purist be happy “immune” was replaced by “Resistant” and this mod tag came with [life inc%=overcapped resist]

Monsters still can be killed, lowering their resist is incentivized at every point, monsters are harder if you dont