Community Feedback for Improving Itemization

That’s a great list.

I don’t know what the hell Blizzard was thinking not putting all of these items into D4 at launch.

The only other item I would think is missing is Shadowfang which is tied to Azurewrath.

1 Like

I would have added both Shadowfang and Spire of Lazarus, but wanted to keep list to Elite Uniques. :stuck_out_tongue:

How about adding this global change to the Improve Crafting section?..

Crafted Item Required Level

The required level of crafted items will no longer have higher level requirements than their rare equivalents (even with same prefixes/suffixes) and the maximum required level of crafted items will be capped to 69.

3 Likes

Hey Charles, plz help me out. I was checking on what we proposed to QHW. And now in the OP we have the following.

Que-Hegan’s Wisdom

And I´m somehow not to happy with that and probably woul not choose that on any char. I remember we´ve been talking about center it around a mana thema (to be less dependent an your usual insight merc). Last trace in this hack of a thread I could find was this version. Post 679

When and why did wi change that if so? Ich like the later version with increased MAEK roll really much and would use that much more likely. Did we just forget to update the OP? Any idea?

1 Like

Thanks for bringing this up. As we recently reviewed many uniques, to be honest not sure what happened to QHW, but trying to incorporate ideas from many different people. I updated OP based on your feedback and want to ensure your happy with proposed changes…

Que-Hegan’s Wisdom
Mage Plate
Defense: 628-681
Required Level: 51
Required Strength: 55
+140-160% Enhanced Defense
+1 To All Skill Levels
+3 To Mana After Each Kill
20% Faster Cast Rate
20% Faster Hit Recovery
Magic Damage Reduced By 6-10
+15 To Energy

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add Fire Resist +30%
    • Add Damage Reduced By 7-15
    • Change Energy from +15 to +15-25
    • Change Mana After Each Kill from +3 to +10-15
1 Like

the good thing about this topic , after every season end , you just have to delete the number and move on to the next one soon is going to be 6

Season 6 - Calling to Improve Itemization

the result will be the same

because the talent and knowledge is just not there to fix the game

1 Like

the blizzard devs should be desperate and grateful for this thread lol. Maybe they can use it for inspiration on Diablo 5, because Diablo 4 is unsalvageable

3 Likes

To continue side discussion on REVAMP RUNEWORDS, we should be able to come up with sensible nerfs to runewords that are generally considered OP. I understand this discussion can be contentious, but would be another step in the right direction at improving itemization by fostering player choice. To start us off, what do you guys think of below…

Stealth

• Change FRW from +25% to +15%
  • Change FCR from +25% to +15%
  • Change FHR from +25% to +15%

Spirit (Sword)

• Change All Skills from +2 to +1
  • Change FHR from +55% to +25%
  • Change Mana from +89-112 to +59-82

Spirit (Shield)

Insight

• Change Meditation Aura from Level 12-17 to Level 6-10

Grief

• Change Damage from +340-400 to +260-320

Enigma

• Change Strength from +0-74 (0.75 Per Clvl) to +0-24 (0.25 Per Clvl)
  • Change Magic Find from 1-99% (1.0% Per Clvl) to 1-49% (0.5% Per Clvl)

I apologize for the delay in responding, but I’m having to deal with my elderly mother’s health problems and it’s not easy.

I’m already going to give the spoiler that I’m against, but I’ll substantiate this as much as I can.

1. Craft would not have any disadvantage compared to rares, considering that with item ilevel 71+ it always comes with 7 properties, 3 fixed + 4 drawn.

2. This would be an alternative to fixing the amulet level req mess, but it would add more mess to glove crafting, drawing all unwanted properties to the draw.

3. Few properties would be really affected the table would be these

Name level levelreq mod1code itype1 itype2 itype3 itype4 itype5 Afix
of Freezing Arrows 94 86 charged glov Sulfix
of Lightning Strike 90 82 charged glov Sulfix
Valkyrie’s 90 67 ama amul circ Prefix
Priest’s 90 67 pal amul circ Prefix
Necromancer’s 90 67 nec amul circ Prefix
Arch-Angel’s 90 67 sor amul circ Prefix
Berserker’s 90 67 bar amul circ Prefix
Hierophant’s 90 67 dru amul circ Prefix
Witch-hunter’s 90 67 Sin amul circ Prefix
of the Vampire 86 74 manasteal ring Sulfix
of the Lamprey 85 73 lifesteal amul Sulfix
of the Vampire 78 66 manasteal amul circ Sulfix
of the Lamprey 77 65 lifesteal ring circ Sulfix
Scorching 77 67 fire-min weap Prefix
of Transcendence 76 68 dmg-min weap Sulfix
Shocking 76 66 ltng-min weap Prefix
of the Titan 74 66 str ring scep mace tors Sulfix
of Ice Arrows 72 64 charged glov Sulfix
of Frozen Orbs 72 72 charged knif Sulfix
of Lower Resistance 72 72 charged staf Sulfix
of Poison Novas 72 72 charged glov Sulfix
of Bone Spirits 72 72 charged amul circ Sulfix
of Atlus 71 63 str amul belt club hamm circ Sulfix
of Regeneration 70 52 regen tors weap boot Sulfix
Hibernal 70 60 cold-len weap Prefix

This proposal would hit the main affix that make some rings and amulets well above the level req, but it causes many side effects, mainly for the gloves.

It would also affect some of the weapons, but they are so crap compared to non-top rank runewords like honor that it only highlights the problem that even getting the upgrade to have a level req max of 69, no one would use it since 100% of the time honor is stronger.

1 Like

List looks good but I would add

Hitpower: I would put properties to add curses in addition to amplify damage, Lower resist, Decrepify and Lower Resist

Blood: Curse Life Tap

Safety: Cannot be Frozen, hit blinds target, Chance that Hit Causes Monster to Flee, Weaken, Confuse, Attract and Terror

I am particularly against limiting weapon type by theme

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback and updated OP with the following changes below…

Crafting Theme Pre-Set Mods
Blood Vitality, Life, Life Steal, Life Per Kill, Life Regeneration, Chance of Deadly Strike, Chance of Open Wounds, CtC Life Tap On Striking
Caster Energy, Mana, Mana Per Kill, Mana Regeneration, Increase Maximum Mana, Damage Taken Goes to Mana, Faster Cast Rate
Hitpower Strength, Damage, Enhanced Damage, Attack Rating, Minus Target Defense, Chance of Crushing Blow, CtC Amplify Damage On Striking, CtC Decrepify On Striking, CtC Lower Resist On Striking
Safety Dexterity, Defense, Enhanced Defense, All Resist, Physical Damage Reduction, Increased Chance of Blocking, Faster Block Rate, Faster Hit Recovery, Half Freeze Duration, Cannot Be Frozen, Hit Blinds Target, Hit Causes Monster to Flee, Knockback, CtC Frost Nova When Hit, CtC Weaken When Hit, CtC Confuse When Hit

I like what Ubeogesh mentioned below about relaxing item restrictions and seems to be very fitting.

1 Like

I’m not particularly against this model, I think it’s even more interesting, but I’d rather see the process go through an unrestricted PTR to see what would be viable or not, have a season without restrictions to have a complete experience of how this works. would affect the game, to later return to a more thematic model. I know that giving and then withdrawing can be problematic, but I am of the opinion that economic problems are solved by the market. Implementing any craft changes without PRT is crazy.

As for your suggestion to limit the Level req, I think this can be done in another way.

NoP = Number of properties

Change the formula for increasing the level req of crafts from 10 + 3 * NoP

5+3 * NoP
5+ 2 * NoP

In the classic example of the amulet of the Lamprey that nowadays ends up with level req 95 in the cube

name level levelreq Craft level req Fórmula proposals
of the Lamprey 85 73 95 10 + 3 * 4 current
of the Lamprey 85 73 90 5 + 3 * 4 Proposal 1
of the Lamprey 85 73 86 5 + 2 * 4 Proposal 2

Edit in time:

@Devs

Item Level Requirements
“When items list a Level Requirement, the number listed is 75% of the highest prefix or suffix level (as shown on this page) on the item. For example, a weapon with a Meteoric(27) as the highest prefix (or suffix) would have a level requirement of 20. Rare Items do not list the magic prefixes and suffixes by name so you will have to figure out based on their stats what magic prefixes and suffixes are being used.”

Magic sulfix table

Name version spawnable rare level maxlevel levelreq mathematics
of the Lamprey 100 1 1 85 73 wrong
of the Lamprey 100 1 1 85 63 correct
2 Likes

Solid and I´m happy and sure it´ll be used witht this changes, thx!
:slight_smile:

Would support this! Would open up the room for others to be viable. Stealth is OP for the low costs!

As mentioned earlier. I would also lift lvl req to 35 or so. Especially for the sword and use in pally shields would bring a lot of other items in a far better spot. Both Spirits will still be more then viable. Although not everybody will like those changes…

Not sure if we need that. Insight is good and has its purpose. With the changes we made to several other itmens we would create several good alternatives (QHW for e.g.).
So I would leave that (especially for end game).

Since melee has its problems I would not lower that to that level. -50 would be enough for me resulting in a roll of 290-350. But since they obviously are not changeing existing itmens we would have to version with the older one beeing really powerfull and increasing in trade value even more. But lets hope, they will change existing itemns just by lowering existing rolls with -50.

That would be good. The massive strength is the problem. MF is just complementary. But same here will lift trade prices for older version a lot… So hard to make a suggestion here as well.

But generally I´m with you Nigma, Grief and Spirit should not be that good.

1 Like

Thanks for feedback and updated side discussion on REVAMP RUNEWORDS. Please note we cannot lift lvl req. of Spirit to 35 as it is tied to runes themselves (Amn is lvl 25).

Nerf Overpowered Runewords
I would like to propose sensible nerfs to runewords that are generally considered OP by the community as follows:

Enigma
Jah Ith Ber
Armor
+2 To All Skills
+45% Faster Run/Walk
+1 To Teleport
+750-775 Defense
+0-74 To Strength
Increase Maximum Life 5%
Damage Reduced By 8%
+14 Life After Each Kill
15% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
+1-99% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

• Proposed Nerfs:
    • Change Strength from +0-74 (0.75 Per Clvl) to +0-49 (0.50 Per Clvl)
    • Change Magic Find from 1-99% (1.0% Per Clvl) to 1-49% (0.5% Per Clvl)

Grief
Eth Tir Lo Mal Ral
Swords, Axes
35% To Cast Level 15 Venom On Striking
+30-40% Increased Attack Speed
Damage +340-400
Ignore Target’s Defense
-25% Target Defense
+1-185% Damage To Demons
Adds 5-30 Fire Damage
-20-25% To Enemy Poison Resist
+20% Deadly Strike
Prevent Monster Heal
+2 To Mana After Each Kill
+10-15 Life After Each Kill

• Proposed Nerfs:
    • Change Damage from +340-400 to +280-340

Spirit (Shield)
Tal Thul Ort Amn
Shield
+2 To All Skills
+25-35% Faster Cast Rate
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
+250 Defense vs. Missiles
+22 To Vitality
+89-112 To Mana
Cold Resist +35%
Lightning Resist +35%
Poison Resist +35%
+3-8 Magic Absorb
Attacker Takes Damage of 14

• Proposed Nerfs:

Spirit (Sword)
Tal Thul Ort Amn
Sword
+2 To All Skills
+25-35% Faster Cast Rate
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
Adds 1-50 Lightning Damage
Adds 3-14 Cold Damage 3 Second Duration
+75 Poison Damage Over 5 Seconds
7% Life Stolen Per Hit
+22 To Vitality
+89-112 To Mana
+3-8 Magic Absorb

• Proposed Nerfs:

Stealth
Tal Eth
Armor
25% Faster Run/Walk
25% Faster Cast Rate
25% Faster Hit Recovery
+6 To Dexterity
Regenerate Mana 15%
+15 To Maximum Stamina
Poison Resist +30%
Magic Damage Reduced By 3

• Proposed Nerfs:
    • Change FRW from +25% to +15%
    • Change FCR from +25% to +15%
    • Change FHR from +25% to +15%
1 Like

Ok, true. But then I´v a radical idea of altering the receipt. Replace the TAL (lvl 17) with an IO (lvl 35). Still very affordable and farmable from NM countes. Means you swap 75 poison dmg on the sword and the massive 30% poison res with +10 vitality each? Maybe we lower mana then again a bit further. A Shael with lvl 29 would be not as good with 20% IAS and 20%FHR.

Thoughts on this?

2 Likes

Instead of changing runes for making Spirit, how about we drop Spirit to +1 skills, and lower FHR and Mana a bit further while we bump up +skills on Lidless Wall to a roll between +1-2. That way, we have some good competition between the two shields. Below is what I’m proposing for Lidless Wall…

Lidless Wall
Grim Shield
Defense: 271-347
Required Level: 41
Required Strength: 58
+80-130% Enhanced Defense
+1 To All Skills
Increase Maximum Mana 10%
20% Faster Cast Rate
+3-5 To Mana After Each Kill
+10 To Energy
+1 To Light Radius

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Change All Skills from +1 to +1-2
    • Change Energy from +10 to +20
    • Change Mana Per Kill from +3-5 to +5
    • Change Faster Cast Rate from 20% to 20-30%
1 Like

Overall good. But still you would have a pally shield at lvl 25 (the usual monarch for the rest much later is ok). The sword would still prohibit a lot of early items to be competetive. But anyhow, this changes would balance spirit a lot imho.

2 Likes

there is the item_level_requirement property in the game properties table, I believe that this property can control the level req whether with positive or negative values, it would be enough to remove the magic absorption property 3-8 (spirit uses all 8 possible properties in the table) and use it to increase the sword’s req level to 35.

I unfortunately don’t have a computer to run D2r and do a test.

The proposal I made is the simplest, all normal and exceptional paladin shields are limited to 3 socks. spirit to paladin only level 48+

1 Like

Agree, as mentioned earlier, but not solving the early availability of the sword :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I still think the best nerf to Spirit shield/sword is to tone down to +1 skills, cut massive FHR in half, and reduce life and mana bonuses. I would not touch FCR as that might be too big of a nerf. These nerfs should more or less solve the early availability of this runeword without completely gutting it and still be a solid option for the player…

Spirit (Shield)
Tal Thul Ort Amn
Shield
+2 To All Skills
+25-35% Faster Cast Rate
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
+22 To Vitality
+89-112 To Mana
Cold Resist +35%
Lightning Resist +35%
Poison Resist +35%
+3-8 Magic Absorb
Attacker Takes Damage of 14

• Proposed Nerfs:
    • Change Vitality from +22 to +12

Spirit (Sword)
Tal Thul Ort Amn
Sword
+2 To All Skills
+25-35% Faster Cast Rate
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
Adds 1-50 Lightning Damage
Adds 3-14 Cold Damage 3 Second Duration
7% Life Stolen Per Hit
+22 To Vitality
+89-112 To Mana
+3-8 Magic Absorb

• Proposed Nerfs:
    • Change Vitality from +22 to +12

I think this would make caster shields more competitive with proposed changes, such as…

Lidless Wall
Grim Shield
Defense: 271-347
Required Level: 41
Required Strength: 58
+80-130% Enhanced Defense
+1 To All Skills
Increase Maximum Mana 10%
20% Faster Cast Rate
+3-5 To Mana After Each Kill
+10 To Energy
+1 To Light Radius

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Change All Skills from +1 to +1-2
    • Change Energy from +10 to +20
    • Change Mana Per Kill from +3-5 to +5
    • Change Faster Cast Rate from 20% to 20-30%

To force casters to consider investing points into energy and make things like mana management, mana leech, and warmth more relevant in the game, I still think Insight needs a hefty nerf as follows…

Insight
Ral Tir Tal Sol
Polearm, Staves, Bows, Crossbows
Level 12-17 Meditation Aura When Equipped
+35% Faster Cast Rate
+200-260% Enhanced Damage
+9 To Minimum Damage
180-250% Bonus to Attack Rating
Adds 5-30 Fire Damage
+1-6 To Critical Strike
+5 To All Attributes
+2 To Mana After Each Kill
23% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

• Proposed Nerfs:
    • Change Meditation Aura from Level 12-17 to Level 6-10

Lastly, another runeword that could use a modest buff is Rift, and would also like to see it expanded to Spears and Swords. I think this runeword needs IAS to make it viable for slower weapons and bump up effectiveness of Nado and FO as shown below…

Rift
Hel Ko Lem Gul
Polearms, Scepters
20% To Cast Level 16 Tornado On Striking
16% To Cast Level 21 Frozen Orb On Attack
20% Bonus To Attack Rating
Adds 160-250 Magic Damage
Adds 60-180 Fire Damage
+5-10 To All Attributes
+10 To Dexterity
38% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
75% Extra Gold From Monsters