Claws having terrible chance of + skills

Is it normal for claws to rarely roll + skills? I feel like 50% of staves I find have +sorc skills, but I can gamble hundreds of claws and find very very few with +skills. I don’t remember them being this terrible, but perhaps it’s just bad memory.

I am assuming you are on hell difficulty or nightmare but if you are at act 5 you can take Nihlathak’s temple portal and keep checking on Anya’s claws she sells. I was about to pick up +3 traps claws in about 15 mins might be +1 or 2 if you are on nightmare.

IIRC there are only 2 types of base claws that can roll +skills and they start to drop pretty late. And as whoopsie said, you can shop em @ anya nightmare/hell.

Just make 2x Spirit one with a sword and the other with a shield. Gives you +4 skill and won’t have to waste your time going in and out of a portal till you find something good!

1 Like

thats a nice starter (dual spirit for +4) but claws can give you +6 to your chosen trap in each hand for a total of +12 (+3 traps+3 lightning sentry +something else blue claws)
or +5 claws that are +2 to sin skills and +3 to a trap
when you get good claws they are in a different league to using 2 spirits.

I have been shopping for claws several hours a day and have yet to come across something I really like. So patience - I guess

did you try both types of claws? the greater claw type and the scissors suwayyah type? if only one you might try the other. i noticed that +skills on gloves only happen with heavy gloves for example. unless im having really bad luck there.