Players 8 Integration

Won’t happen fortunately

Do you have a link to Brevik’s suggestions? I did a Google search and came up empty handed. Would like to read them.

There is a reason why single player is named such, and multiplayer named such. Single player is mainly for solo players, and multiplayer is mainly for multiple players. Playing on Bnet 2.0 solo with a /players 8 without there being 7 other humans in game playing takes away the "multi"player out of it, and you’re still playing solo with 8 player drop and xp rate. Keep same as original online D2. The more players that join a game the harder the monsters, and better drops and xp rate.

Yes, but solo / multi != online / offline. There are many reasons to play online solo. Just to have your char online, if you play from another place. You can be a solo player and still want to have a run with your friends from time to time. Trading is an essential part of D2. And for me, i prefer all kind of exp runs in multiplayer (trist, baals, …).

Since /players doesn’t affect the boss bonus, meph runs wouldn’t change much, but high TC area runs, and these are done solo anyway.

Well I suppose it all depends on the actions that will be taken to fight bots, right? But if player8 is possible and max, I suppose no bot will run public games anyway, except for the purpose of spaming the trade side of course.

Tormemts are a baaaaaaaaaaaad idea for Diablo 2. Fun buids are viable in D2 and that rocks !!!

If Torments were a thing in D2, only mainstream builds would survive which I hate for D2. That is one of the coolest features of D2: You wanna play a Ranger Pala or a Nova Sorc? Go for it.

Just because Sorc, Trap Assa, Java, Hammerdin are OP, does not mean that I only want to play with them. Certain builds are already quite rare. I love seeing Summoner druids or Martial Arts Assas in my games :heart:

Of course you can still solo play online as well, but as far as monster difficulty, drop rates, and xp have them increase like they do in original D2 online(more players join = increase of each). Leave the /players 8 for single player offline mode.

Please do not touch how stamina works. Even if Brevik earlier said that he would change stamina if he would change anything in D2.

Agree. Stamina is there because when you start a new level 1 character your stamina is weak, and goes down quicker. Once you get higher level since you have progressed your stamina is strong, and hardly ever goes down. Also, it’s been a part of D2 since the beginning! It works, so leave it as is! :slight_smile:

I don’t think so. What fuels RMT is the willingness of players to spend money, IMHO that happens if someone thinks he/she can’t achieve it with playtime, so demand would decrease.

On the other side more drops means more supply, so prices sink and make selling less profitable.

And i think most overvalue the effects of /players 8, D2 would not mutate into D3 just because of that change.

And, as i wrote before, it would tackle alot requests in a single feature that is already in the game. Personal loot requests, leveling to slow, droprates to low, baal runs should go: no more changes (that would be actual game changes) necessary.

Players that prefer single player will play single player. People that prefer multiplayer will play multiplayer. If you’re only motivation to play multiplayer is to have increased drop / exp, well…

Sure, it would be good for people who have zero interest in engaging with activities against the TOS, but having /players 8 available to farmers who engage in RMT could create a bigger market and cause it to be more mainstream.

Anyway, there’s no point in discussing this. /players 8 is a console command and a single player function, it will not be coming to online.

Think bots like public games, becauce they can spam commercial for their websites where they sell the best loot. The best way to get rid of bots might be to never visist their sites, but it only works if we all ignore them.

we are getting a remaster of a classic game, that will improve hopefully for the better. and no this wont scare away group play, you know what actually do it? shared loot. i deeply hope they read all the requests of personal/instanced loot.

People do not play with each other at all, they act like cats and hiss at others if they get near their kills. People item snipe and ruin the experience so much that people put up passwords and only play with friends or alone. Or they play with others in the game but in their own spot, away from everyone else. You hope you never see a stranger, ever. You never want to play in groups, even though it would be so awesome in theory. It’s actually extremely bad and terrible and I remember hating that aspect of the game so much.

That’s not true at all, I’ve always played with other people in public games. I enjoyed playing in public games because I would get more experience, potential for better drops, and socialization.

It’s not that difficult of a concept to grasp. Just because you hate playing with randoms doesn’t mean everybody feels that way. Your experience is not reflective of the D2 community.

I just join other people’s games and farm there. If their questing and get to the boss I killed, that’s too bad, be a man and do it over.

$400 to run one bot per 8 cd keys?

You obviously don’t understand how botting works, there would be far more returns if they utilize all 8 bots to run individually at the same time.

You realize your logic makes no sense, if /8 players is in the game then they would be able to run 8x the amount of bots instead of having 8 of their bots in the same game.

I think theres enough to farm for 8 bots in on game. Thy don’t need to idle while giving /players 8 boost.

Edit: If there will be any bots in Resurrected.

Botters aren’t going to waste CD keys on keeping 7 players idle in a game, they’d gain much more from running those 8 bots in individual games.

Now if /players 8 boost exists, they will be getting WAY more drops on top of the number of bots being run.

Let Diablo be as similar to the original as possible, stop trying to change every single thing in the game and BE glad we got a Remaster with better graphics.

If It wasn’t for the Diablo 2 fans who kept the game alive for 21 years, yes 21 years. Then this would never happen that there would be a D2: R.

I thought everybody would be happy that there would be a Remaster with improved graphics. But it did not go quite as planned.

Now, there are people on one side who want to ruin the masterpiece game that made Diablo 2 a masterpiece.

On the other side we have Diablo 2 fans who want to keep the game original as possible as we have it today, but with an improved version and bug fixes.

Let the game that made it a masterpiece be a masterpiece. Stop make Diablo 2 too something else than what it is not.

Diablo 2 is Diablo 2, a unique game many people love. but some will do this to Diablo 2 2.5, copying stuff from other games does not make the game more unique or greater.

What makes Diablo 2 unique is that there is no other game that is the same as the game. But copying things from other games ruin the masterpiece that first made the game a masterpiece.