Players 8 Integration

No. The incentive to play with others would then be removed.

How so? I’m saying make it a difficulty slider. So you could play with your buddy, set it to a difficulty you want, then off you go.

The developers already stated they want to keep the game the SAME

This changes the game because there is no longer any reason to run public games when you can just reap the benefits of higher difficulty with alone or with a friend.

Nobody is stopping you and your friend from hosting public games.

They will just make 8 accounts and run them together and bot even more lol I think you underestimate how some of these botters do things.

The feature is already there only for offline, so how is it an complete change of the game? D3 sucks, this change has nothing todo with D3.

If the feature is hidden behind “Single Player” checkbox in game creation it’s the same as Offline / Open Bnet.

There are still lot reason to play public, because it’s fun, better coverage of imunes, class synergies. Can’t imagine someone starting solo baalruns.

Since the drop bonus from bosses is not effected, this would make high TC Area runs more viable, giving an alternative to the same run over all again.

People complaining about baal runs: satisfied.
People complaining about drop rates: satisfied.
People complaining about level gains: satisfied.
People demanding personal loot: satisfied.

With one little feature thats already there.

I would personally like if there’s players 8 on battle net.
I would also like the “ladder only” restriction on certain runewords removed.
There are already ways you can get them on single player, by moving a save file from the plugy mod to the regular client… meaning, that the item does work on Single Player, only it’s creation is prevented as of current.

Who cares if high end players get more loot? It would only make loot more abundant and accessible to players, that are not so high end.

The botters are irrelevant, as there’s no large gap in the power level of the character of a botter and that of a regular player, because there’s no nonsense in D2 along the lines of perpetual Paragon 2.0…

Why does it matter, since you’ll have slightly easier time getting your own gear? You wont have to resort to buying from those botters then.

Yes, I would love to be able to farm Andy, Meph and Pindle on players 7 by myself on battle net, the same way I can do on Single Player. It would make me far less dependent on potentially interaction with cheaters and botters.

You are REWARDED with more drops for having more players in the game

That is how the game was intended to work, for players to be able to do that solo means they would never host public games, thus contributing to harming the social aspect of the game.

You always could farm those on battle net with 7 other players. All you had to do was join baal runs or siege farms until you found one with a portal open to pindle or just go kill meph and andy.

It was always really easy back in the hayday of diablo to find a game with 6-7 people join go kill the act 1 2 and 3 bosses and leave.

I can tell you right now if players 8 was on bnet, I would never step into a public game other than to get through the acts. A lot of people would do the same. I don’t think this would be good for the community aspect of the game.

If you’re only motivation to join public games is the player bonus, why to you even play online?

And if it’s already so easy by joining full games and kill they’re act bosses, would it really change that much? Beside not disturbing the players that actually play together and occupy an slot someone else who would actually play with them could use?

Easy fix for this everyone’s concerns here, remove the XP bonus from players 8, keep the difficulty and loot. This would still incentivize party play for XP farming.

The loot is the primary problem with this. It’s not as much about the XP.

It will allow botters and high end farmer no lifers to destroy the economy quickly, early on in a ladder season. This will also help fuel real money trade.

That makes no sense at all, the main incentive for hosting public games is for more loot. Take that away and botters will reap the benefits and go undetected since they will just be in private games and won’t be reported. So many reasons why this is a bad change. And yes it will be very bad for the economy.

I think you should just leave it as it is.

Won’t happen fortunately

Do you have a link to Brevik’s suggestions? I did a Google search and came up empty handed. Would like to read them.

There is a reason why single player is named such, and multiplayer named such. Single player is mainly for solo players, and multiplayer is mainly for multiple players. Playing on Bnet 2.0 solo with a /players 8 without there being 7 other humans in game playing takes away the "multi"player out of it, and you’re still playing solo with 8 player drop and xp rate. Keep same as original online D2. The more players that join a game the harder the monsters, and better drops and xp rate.

Yes, but solo / multi != online / offline. There are many reasons to play online solo. Just to have your char online, if you play from another place. You can be a solo player and still want to have a run with your friends from time to time. Trading is an essential part of D2. And for me, i prefer all kind of exp runs in multiplayer (trist, baals, …).

Since /players doesn’t affect the boss bonus, meph runs wouldn’t change much, but high TC area runs, and these are done solo anyway.

Well I suppose it all depends on the actions that will be taken to fight bots, right? But if player8 is possible and max, I suppose no bot will run public games anyway, except for the purpose of spaming the trade side of course.

Tormemts are a baaaaaaaaaaaad idea for Diablo 2. Fun buids are viable in D2 and that rocks !!!

If Torments were a thing in D2, only mainstream builds would survive which I hate for D2. That is one of the coolest features of D2: You wanna play a Ranger Pala or a Nova Sorc? Go for it.

Just because Sorc, Trap Assa, Java, Hammerdin are OP, does not mean that I only want to play with them. Certain builds are already quite rare. I love seeing Summoner druids or Martial Arts Assas in my games :heart: