Class disparity is bad - Look at twitch

Sorc and Paladin trivialize the entire game.

2 Likes

D2R are not D2. D2R are made for progression and changes.

If you don’t want change go back to D2 for your nostalgia trip. A lot of changes already been made and a lot more will be done.

It’s actually exactly the opposite. Players that complain about it don’t have it, or it doesn’t make sense to get it with enigma because enigma is trash for their class, because teleport on certain classes is abhorent. FCR on certain classes is complete trash, and even if you DO boost your FCR, you cannot achieve an acceptably fast enough teleport to not just get creamed anyways. Paladins, sorcs, and oddly, barbarians are the only 3 classes that can get max fcr break point frames. Other classes cap at;

FASTER CAST RATE

Amazon
FCR Frames
0% 19
7% 18
14% 17
22% 16
32% 15
48% 14
68% 13
99% 12
152% 11

Assassin
FCR Frames
0% 16
8% 15
16% 14
27% 13
42% 12
65% 11
102% 10
174% 9

Barbarian
FCR Frames
0% 13
9% 12
20% 11
37% 10
63% 9
105% 8
200% 7

Druid (human)
FCR Frames
0% 18
4% 17
10% 16
19% 15
30% 14
46% 13
68% 12
99% 11
163% 10

Druid (wolf)
FCR Frames
0% 16
6% 15
14% 14
26% 13
40% 12
60% 11
95% 10
157% 9

Druid (bear)
FCR Frames
0% 16
7% 15
15% 14
26% 13
40% 12
63% 11
99% 10
163% 9

Necromancer
FCR Frames
0% 15
9% 14
18% 13
30% 12
48% 11
75% 10
125% 9

Necromancer (Vampire)
FCR Frames
0% 23
6% 22
11% 21
18% 20
24% 19
35% 18
48% 17
65% 16
86% 15
120% 14
180% 13

Paladin
FCR Frames
0% 15
9% 14
18% 13
30% 12
48% 11
75% 10
125% 9

Sorceress
FCR Frames
0% 13
9% 12
20% 11
37% 10
63% 9
105% 8
200% 7

Sorceress (Lightning / Chainlightning)
FCR Frames
0% 19
7% 18
15% 17
23% 16
35% 15
52% 14
78% 13
117% 12
194% 11

If you want enigma to make sense, the FCR breakpoints and frames for EVERY class would need to be identical, at least for teleport. Teleports functionality and usefulness is wildly dependent on having good FCR frames.

Not to mention, that the gear that it would take to actually GET these levels of FCR on say an amazon, would NOT also have other stats that are necessary for an amazon, aka IAS, so if you want teleport, you have to completely destroy another facet of your character. Sorcs and Paladins don’t have that problem.

It’s a massive gear and stat oversight by the original creators of teleport & enigma and the way it was designed. It needs to either be on it’s OWN FCR table, or it needs to be balanced through other means. The way it is right now being such an undisputed and fundamental staple of the game, it should not benefit only 2 classes at maximum potential.

When we say we want teleport balanced, that’s what we mean.

First off if you can manage to farm such end game gear on your own as a SSF player, which is the viewpoint blizz should be accomodating the most, then you should deserve to clear on p8 at an adequate speed.

Nerfs aren’t going through so stop wasting your time thinking teleport, sorcs and pallys are ever going to get weaker. Help the underpaid d2r interns understand how to bring the underplayed classes up to a more equal level.

I never said teleport. As overpowered as it is, I don’t see a meaningful nerf for this that is sensible and can be implemented easily.

Sorcs and Pallys though, very easy to implement reasonable nerfs for. The devs, and the D2 community just need to be willing to drink the medicine.

That would be great… except sorcs and hammerdins don’t even need end-game gear to achieve this right now.

1 Like

Excuse me: What makes you the ultimate authority on what any given class should be capable of or not?
Also: Did you not make Bowa vids where you timed yourself QUICKLY clearing P8 Chaos - not merely Seal Popping? Patting yourself on the back as a top tier Amazon player…?
Kind of contradicting yourself eh?
This Thread:

And you jumped in to someone else’s thread showcasing their own gameplay, to say oh so smugly,

Surprise surprise… YOU linked your own vid to chest thump.
Don’t even use Decoy effectively either, if at all.

Looks like we’d best nerf the Bowazon. Cleared P8 effectively… 2 stronk /s

Your opinions on the game are just that: Your. Opinions.
As well as many others I see qq-ing for nerf this & that.
echo chambers of opinion bias getting one another all worked up into a frothy…
" Ackchyually Tleleprot is teh nono sklil ".
Pitchforks out, torches lit, “Nerf/Remove CTA, Grief, Sorc, waaaah!1!!1”

Where do you/these people even come from?
Tissue companies must make a fortune off of this crowd.

1 Like

I’ll clarify: NO builds should be able to smooth sail through P8, and why these builds need nerfs… IF you want to have a sensibly balanced Diablo 2 game.

Yes, I did it as a challenge in response to Djuntas. And all the more the reason why buffing non-S-tier builds to where the current S-tier builds are is just not sensible.

That was just a troll post in response to someone who was clearly plagiarising other people’s content :roll_eyes: maybe get a sense of humour?

I agree with you. Many skills need improvement.

Just played a fire aura paladin and all they need to do is improve it’s salvation synergy from 10 to 15%. That way, when both HF and RF are both maxed, somewhere in mid-late NM, the skill will continue to improve to a level more sustanaible in hell (won’t be powerfull but it’ll go from average to good).

Same can be said for thnder storm, increase both it’s damage and it’s rate by ~20%. Again, it won’t be powerfull but now it’s average at best.

And so on…

I’m not interested to improve skills that peoples use. It’s the one no one use because they are weak that interest me.

But they globally did a good job in 2.4 on that matter. We now see more different builds (fire druid, summoner druid, etc.). Hope Blizzard will do the same in 2.6.

1 Like

The GAME - Yes: Diablo 2 - Yes - the 20+ YEAR Old Game - Has Never. Ever. Been. Balanced.
It was not even DESIGNED to be Balanced - I mean that’s so blatantly obvious and apparent…
The game is what it is.
Go elsewhere if you want your perfect game - Best of Luck FINDING A Perfect Game.

Same people, same posts, over and over.

2 Likes

Then why the heck are you in this thread?

1 Like

I’m not even stating an opinion.
LTR please.
Have all the opinions you want - not my fault they’re atrocious and pulled out of box of moldy cracker jack’s.

1 Like

In other words, expressing your opinions while telling people they can’t have theirs. Stay classy bro.

You’re mentally broken. No nerfs are coming. Help blizz push out more updates like 2.4 while not fixing/buffing anything for sorcs & pallys like they did last year.

I dont think you get that 99% of the player base don’t want the game harder, just more enjoyable. You make it sound like we all play on hardcore non-exp ladder which is by far 1000 x more difficult to beat than any form of gameplay on expansion. Nearly everyone is playing on expansion softcore… What does that tell you??

1 Like

Flagged post as trolling. This is not acceptable forum behaviour. Good bye.

Wahh, you’re being delusional.

That’s not me saying it, that’s the forum’s code of conduct.

Don’t like it? Don’t use the forums.

I’m not saying you’re delusional for thinking there are forum rules, nah that’s just cry baby stuff. You’re delusional for thinking sorcs and pallys are ever getting nerfs.

Must have hit a nerve - don’t want your javazon nerfed? I’m sorry.

But anyway, all I’m saying is IF you want to balance the game, then don’t buff characters to current S-tier level. Given the choice out of the two, I’d rather classes not be balanced at all than all classes finding the game as easy as current S-tier builds.

My Java was a side project.
Yes I enjoyed it. Haven’t played for over a week.
Also - I haven’t played this game for 3 years.
I could care less who’s Barbie Doll is prettiest, fastest or worth the most HR’s or FG or - I have no stake in “Don’t take away my toy”.
I’m not beholden to any particular class or build.

I AM beholden to this game - As it IS.
I choose to play whatever I want, whenever I want, however I want.
Taking away my freedom of choice for yours and others desire for a different game is what “hits a nerve”.
The prattling and droning is nauseating.
I accept D2 as is.
Do I agree with everything? Never have, never will - but shockingly I, as well as many others, cope. We still find enjoyment and don’t come to the forums and screech for nerfs.
otoh -
Sometimes people suggest something that will help a class, classes or builds - I like that.
Dowgrading though? Something that’s been here for literally EVER?
Why?
You just like to incite arguments for the sake of it? Likely…
You just look for the next person to try to “trigger” - yep seen it. You like that. I can tell. Cute.
Look m8 - I’m nobody special in-game. Just a player…
I enjoy this game - once again - as designed.
Want to bring Builds :arrow_up: ? I’m 100% behind that.
Want to lash out wildly, without direction like some rabid … yea. No.
Cool your jets and play the game.

2 Likes

This is very weird thread:
Barbs are bad - some even say worst…
Druids struggle - if I recall correctly Dudus are second most popular speedrun class (maybe tied with sin)

Apparently if someone asks for buffs it is fine, but if someone asks for nerfs it means he claims to be authority…

Also as every build should be viable I want my no skill points used naked Necro to be as strong as Java, Sorc and Din together…

2 Likes