Which skills should be improved?

I’ve made (and update) my 2.6 wishlist

One of the point concern the improvment of skills that no one use. I have a few to list but I’ll like to hear from you.

So, what are the skills that you would like to see improved the most. Please, limit to 3 for each class. The goal is not list every skills or the ones you use that could be improved but the ones that are the worst so no one use them.
I’ll take care to synthesize your votes.

Amazon
Inner sight (increase radius)

Assassin
Shock web
Charged bolt sentry
psychic hammer

Barbarian
Masteries (add a synergy)

Druid

Necromancer

Paladin

Sorceress
Inferno
Blaze
Thunder storm (increase a bit both damage and rate or damage)
Chilling armor

Amazon:

Guided Arrow: Return its original functionality, or improve its missile speed and damage output.
Freezing Arrow: Increase on-hit freezing radius by 3x, increase Cold Arrow synergy by 5% (12% → 17%)
Charged Strike: Replace Charged Bolt on hit with Lightning Nova.

Barbarian

Whirlwind: Revert the skill back to hitting on every frame. Reduce damage by 40% to compensate. Add synergy with Concentrate @ +10% Base Damage per level to encourage multiple roles, allowing the player to have both AOE damage and single target damage, due to the inherent slower nature of Melee.
Masteries: Increase +Damage% of all Masteries by 15%.
Leap Attack: Add 5% Chance of Striking for corpse of monster killed by this ability to cause corpse explosion or similar effect. Increase Leap synergy by 25%. (10% → 35%)

Sorceress

Blizzard: Reduce damage of Blizzard by 25%. Add increasing radius by 0.5 yards every level up to a maximum of 10 yards. Remove the deadzones inside the hitbox of Blizzard. Add 10% chance to cause Frost Nova directly on target.
Frozen Orb: Increase Orb travel speed by 1% every level up to maximum 25%. Add Synergy from Glacial Spike giving 10% chance to Freeze when struck by shards. Increase Ice Bolt synergy to 6%. (2% → 6%)
Thunder Storm: Every 3 levels add another lightning bolt strike per attack frame up to maximum of 6 additional lighting bolts. Add Synergy from Chain Lightning @ increase damage by 15% per level.

Paladin

Fist of Heaven: Add function to give 15% chance to strike with 1 additional Fist of Heaven bolt every 3 levels, up to a maximum of 10 additional bolts (The extra bolts will strike random enemies within 10 yards of the target. If none are present, strike the current target). Add Synergy with Smite to give 10% chance to cause target to be stunned. Reduce Holy Bolt synergy by 5% (15% → 10%)
Zeal: Increase damage by 5% per level, and increase maximum swings to 8, also make Zeal interruptible by player by clicking elsewhere.
Blessed Hammer: Reduce damage by 25%, make hammers fly in a smaller and tighter orbit around the player to increase probability of hitting target, keeping the same overall radius the hammers fly out to. Add additional possibility of doing double damage by 5%

That’s all I have for now I guess.

2 Likes

I mainly play Fire Druid, so this is my list:

1 Like

druid nados. druid skills in general.

1 month into it hc ladder is filled with 99s for all classes except druid. looks like druid needs love.

2 Likes

Amazon:

Poison Javelin: Needs Attack Rating like the other attack skills.

Cold/Fire/Magic Arrow: Make them more competative with other skill options. (EG: Give Multishot synergies from these skills adding Cold/Fire/Magic damage respectively. Or make it so each point in the skill gives +3% Change Physical to Elemental Damage so that level 20 is 60% conversion to elemental damage and level 40 120% conversion to elemental damage)

Sorceress:

Frost Nova: Reduce synergies to only Shiver Armor but same total max increase to damage from synergies as current (makes it more defensive oriented option compared to Nova)

Inferno: Add Monster Flees while taking damage, giving Fire Sorceress a method of crowd control. Add damage over time per plume that strikes (ie make it act like a napalm flamethrower), this will allow for more consistent damage.

Change Blaze synergy from Warmth to Enchant Weapon, change Enchant Weapon synergy to Blaze. Warmth is a wasted synergy for Blaze/Enchant Weapon because you are not constantly casting. FRW from Blaze works much better with supporting Enchant Weapon and vice versa. Instead make Warmth a synergy to Frozen/Shiver/Chilling Armor, granting the armors +1% Faster Cast while active per point in Warmth, thus a max of +20% Faster Cast.

Necromancer:

Fire Golem: Synergize with Lower Resist and Skeleton Mages instead of other Golems

Blood Golem: Synergize with Bone spells instead of other Golems

Poison Dagger: Make this viable. Maybe synergize with Dim Vision somehow?

Curse tree in general has too many one point wonders. Difficult to balance correctly, but maybe fewer synergies and changes to the Curses so that it’s worth putting points into them.

Paladin:

Sanctuary Aura: Apply to Demons as well as Undead. Trigger pulse (knockback and damage) on striking (this will make it synergize well with Charge paladins).

Conversion: Give synergies with Thorns

Blessed Aim: Add % chance to pierce target. Maybe as a synergy from Concentration?

Barbarian:

Increased Stamina: Change to Increased Resilience, Add +2% Faster Hit Recovery per level.

Stun: Replace with something else, currently the most useless skill in game. Maybe a ranged weapon ability to be used with either a bow or a single throwing weapon? Or maybe a counterstrike ability based on responding to attacks after blocking and/or hit recovery?

Concentrate: Give it some kind of spillover/cleave ability? Maybe if a Concentrate attack is the killing blow, you trigger a bonus attack on an enemy in range?

Druid:

Arctic Blast: Give Freeze Effect instead of Chill effect. Each ice shard that strikes the enemy should reduce enemy resistance by -1%, thus as more and more shards strike the enemy Cold Resistance will drop.

Hunger: Replace with Ice Claws (like Fire Claws but Cold damage instead).

Vines: Give each vine an enemy debuffing effect. Give Poison Vine a Slow Enemy aura. Give Carrion Vine a -% Enemy AR and -% Enemy Damage effect. Give Solar Vine a -% Enemy All (Fire/Cold/Lightning/Poison) Resistance.

Assassin:

Psychic Hammer: Triple the damage increase (for both Magic and Physical) per a point in Psychic Hammer. That would result in Level 56 Psychic Hammer doing approximately 520-640 damage (half physical and half magic). Compare this to level 54 Holy Bolt that does 838-956 magic damage (also piercing but limited to Undead and Demons). Then also give Psychic Hammer a synergy of +50% damage per a point in Mind Blast (comparable to the +50% damage increase Holy Bolt gets from Fist of the Heavens).

Mind Blast: Give Mind Blast a synergy of +10% damage per a point in Psychic Hammer. That should result in a level 50 Mind Blast doing 1008-1038 Physical Damage with max synergies.

Fix Next Hit Delay: Give each skill/effect a separate Next Hit Delay instead of sharing it across skills (similar to how casting delay used to be across all spell and was changed to applying separately to each spell). Next Hit delay hurts many builds, but none more than the Assassin. Also remove NHD from Blade Sentinel, or at least reduce it to 4 frames.

1 Like

WW should trigger FHR lock more. WW should not be slowed down by Slows/Frozen attributes.

1 Like

Think it would be easier to say which don’t need to be improved and we don’t even need to make a list. It’s just all the builds that most people play. All the others aren’t being played because they need to be improved.

2 Likes

regarding Psychic Hammer and Mind Blast , what i would do is remove the conversion portion from Mind Blast and give it to Psychic Hammer. This way you could make P Hammer useful and remove the frustrating part from M Blast

regarding paladin’s Conversion, this skill is absolutely useless since it doesn’t work on bosses , the conversion time is short and once the time is out they just attack you again.
Maybe modify it so that, if the monster dies or timer is done, the monster explodes (similar to corpse explosion) ? Maybe add synergy from Redemption Aura to increase the corpse explosion damage ? (The skill would be similar to the one the Task Masters in act 5 use on their minions to make them explode)

1 Like

Better AR for melee. That’s all.

1 Like

I want a new HCube recipe: 1 Unique / Rare item + 1 Zod + P Diamond = Ethereal Item of the same type.

MakeZodGreatAgain

1 Like

that would actually be a good idea.
melee chars would get some pretty sick rare and unique weapons (which they really, really need) and zod would also receive more value.

1 Like