By using JSP you are supporting botting and RMT

Before JSP was the trading website you know today, it was a forum that housed the meph bot. If you google meph bot, you will find multiple posts that are very old relating to it.

[quote]Meph bot

Where do I get it? Can someone please post a link to the downloads section of unknowcheats. I cant find it for some reason. Thanks alot. [/quote]

The fact that their created currency allows them to get whatever item they so desire is enough on its own.
Evidence that it was originally a site to hold the meph bot should seal it.

Also the fact that you can carry currency across seasons enables the average joe to bot all season long without any downsides.

I have always boycotted this website, and you should too.

19 Likes

Dont listen to this guy boys

3 Likes

I applaud you for condemning them for what it briefly was some 20 years ago. Do you hold everything to this standard in your life?

Anyways, no one cares.

3 Likes

why, did he said any lies?

@topic
jsp is not only 3rd party trading
its basically rmt with one more step
trading for FG and trading for an amazon’s gift card have the same nature
the only difference is that (some) people are dumb enough to accept a crap credit for their loot instead of a better one

10 Likes

the fact that you can carry currency across seasons enables the average joe to bot all season long without any downsides.

9 Likes

haven´t used it, not planning on using it.

really don´t understand the mentality of buying the items.

2 Likes

which goes against the spirit of ladder that was literally to provide an environment free from the problems of NL with inflated market being one of them

the mentality of selling items can be even more problematic
i mean, what went wrong with one’s life so he needs to sell his gear in an online game?

2 Likes

You’re not wrong, but you’ll get push back from people who currently only play D2 if they can abuse the d2jsp economy in some way, whether to get ahead in game or make some extra money with RMT, or both. Plenty of people use d2jsp, but anyone who actively defends it should be considered suspect.

7 Likes

Ya hes lying about jsp and is probably fat

2 Likes

i think many people feel like they are forced to use it because no one uses the in-game trade channels anymore. Before it existed, that’s what people primarily used. They’d make a ISO/FT list and spam it in the channel. It was used by literally everyone who played D2. The first and second channel was often hard to get into because it was full. And there’d be like 10+ channels that people were using.

Since that doesn’t exist, if people want to actually trade for items efficiently, they might feel like they HAVE to use JSP.

But I think if enough people boycott it, and go back to trading the way we used to, it would be fine. OFC it wouldn’t be as bustling as it was in the old days, but it would still be viable and most importantly legitimate.

I think most players want to play legitimately. Sometimes they just have to be pushed back into it.

Bot on monday, sell on friday. I suppose one could bot on Lod, trade then buy on D2R without any repricussions or any supported game on jsp. Its lame but so is the need to grind thousands of hours for a decent drop.

i don’t think that’s how it works. Realistically to make it worth it the people selling would need setups with many bots running at the same. At the same time, they don’t need to actually have the items they find on hand. They can invest the items into FG and buy them back at any time when they get a sale. Remember it is a created currency. Some people don’t actually need to trade for FG.

I in game trade all the time. That’s where the best deals are. Got both an Ohm for my random Tgods, and 42+41 Druid summon for a Lo just today.

1 Like

How many people do you see in the trade channels of SC? It’s possible to find people, but it can be very difficult to find the exact item you need, especially if its niche or very rare.
At least in HC. Last time I tried to trade in HC, I was looking for just a homunculus, and it wasn’t happening. In the past decade or so, I’ve only ever successfully traded in PoD and PD2, which each had their own official trading website. I know the one for PoD was amazing. Was able to get a 6os WF(12hrs), corrupted Wisp Projector /w frw(another 12 hrs), 9 ed/ias/max jewels(ohm-Full HR each), imperfect 3/20/20s…(vex-ohm each) like… easily. Could easily get all these things on the forum if you had the runes to afford them. Here, disregarding the PoD only items, there’s no way you could get items even close to that good without using jsp.

Too bad blizzard doesn’t take action even though they violate tos. Was a community of botters and always will be. Never used it and never will. JSP will probably be as much of cancer as they are in d2 in d4 sadly.

3 Likes

I just keep an eye out for game names. I don’t like to haggle, since it isn’t worth the time, but when I see “Ohm 4 tgods” you bet I’m going to join.

1 Like
3 Likes

the new season is already ruined because of D2jsp bots.

1 Like

Except it isn’t because i never paid for a single fg i’ve ever made.

that doesn’t change the fact that you can buy FG with real money on the website itself.

1 Like