Botters invading public games now

Either way, we know there are a lot of bots already out and running in public games now

to quote another poster on this forum “Data to backup that claim”?

because as we all know

1 Like

Any proof of that? Record one then and post a clip.

1 Like

Im not making a claim. That was obvious a guess from my own experience. I didnt say that LA had more botters. I simply stated thats what i believe. Being pretty sure =/ being sure.

However my guess is based on data such as this:
https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/lost-ark-still-has-a-problem-with-bots-according-to-smilegate-3181111#:~:text=Lost%20Ark.,continue%20to%20be%20a%20problem.&text=In%20a%20blog%20post%2C%20the,the%20news%20from%20last%20week.

While d2 lod sold about 1mil unit:
https://vgsales.fandom.com/wiki/Best_selling_Blizzard_games

According to these sources smilegate banned 1 mil botters and since there is still plenty of botters in game i would say that the number is higher than that. D2 lod had about 1 mil sold units and consider that ppl quit and buying several copies there being 1 mil players in a certain time, me personally find it unlikely.

I will record one next time and post it. They tp always before baal that is the signature bot move.

Or maybe what just some people prefer to do?

1 Like

Could be argued that way, but that’s not what is happening. Whole party calling him a bot, because it is obvious, zero response from the botter. There are several discord servers full of botters in D2R now.

I hope these people are reporting them too, not just complaining.

They are reporting them, yes, it seems to work in a few cases, but not in all, at least one of them has been making the same baal games for about a month now, he is lvl 98 now, players follow him around knowing he is a bot, same patterns, seems to disconnect/drop every 30-50 games, then restarsts game sequence at 1 again, never says a single word

Then you should contact blizz directly about that bot, they have special mail for that.

Which email would that be? I only know of the in game report function

I believe this one

Hacks@Blizzard.com

1 Like

I think there are some players who are taking what works best from bots and applying them to their gameplay. Bots (in general) do tend to take the most efficient and safest routes. Back in D2LOD I used to follow public bots and study their routes and behaviors and try to copy what they did, because they had the most efficient way of doing things. Then I would PK them to get their gold :rofl:

Bots never bothered me at all. They provided company & support when player count was low, they helped populate the economy with rare items, making them more affordable to trade for, they would provide WP’s, gold and enchants for starting characters.

Spam bots on the other hand were intrusive and annoying.

if your source for diablo numbers is a wiki that doesn’t even cite a source it’s no wonder you look like you don’t know what you are talking about.

d2lod had sold more than 1million copies by the time it was a month old
https://web.archive.org/web/20020210212838/http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2798893,00.html
let alone all the copies it sold after the battle chest came out and that was one of the top 10 best selling games in the US in 2010 according to NPD(https://www.npd.com/)
https://www.vg247.com/activision-blizzard-q2-financials-net-revenue-comes-in-at-967-million

During the quarter, NPD said Activision Blizzard had four top-10 PC games in the US with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King, World of Warcraft Battle Chest and Diablo Battle Chest.

and all that is still not counting the cd keys they are still selling to this day through the website because they are dirt cheap now.

And this makes it somehow … right? We should condone Gaming Company for lack of action?

THIS!

Although stating the more than obvious, I totally agree. Makes you wonder, do they really want bots gone with the little effort they put into getting rid of them and the tremendous effort they put into them by furthering their abilities as they further develop the game?

Never said that it makes it right. However there being cheaters doesnt mean they not trying to stop it or that they not putting effort into it. Its just much harder to deal with than ppl think.
Also ppl have a tendency to enlarge issues which they care about. Saying things like lod is the most botted game in the history is a example of that. I understand that ppl are frustrated but there is no reason to start making things up.

They could certainly make it easier to report in game, under cheating, it should have a botting subsection

The issue with that is that u cant add proof of someone cheating anyway. If u have that option ppl would report any suspicious person. For them to take action they want actual proof which u can present to them through e-mail. As the action towards bots are ban and not just temp mute or simular, blizzard tend to ask for more proof.

Back in the days kids pointed fingers at women and called them witches. The kids simply accused ppl they didnt like, looked like a witch, had a cat etc. Humans work the same way today. Simular to how d3 works they dont keep logs in d2. This is also the reason why they wont give items back after a rollback.

Without logs they cant go in and check if these accusations are true which means a ingame report system holds no value.

For example u can screen a bot who sell gears through a e-mail to the hack team. A ingame report would just point at someone saying they are a bot without any actual evidence. They can monitor ppl in real time though. So just report a player for cheating and they will try catch the player in action.

The proof is in the activity itself, they bot 24/7, account sharing is illegal, you can’t play this long for weeks without dieing.

Time logged in isnt proof. Not in d3 and not in d2. It suspicious but its no proof. U can stay logged in and be away from the pc. This is exactly why a ingame report system got flaws. Ppl like u would jump conclusions without having actual proof. Your frustration makes u believe everyone with a high ingame time must be cheaters. They dont need u to tell them someone been logged in many hours each day.

They have other ways to prove that someone is cheating and thats the routine they have. Also account sharing is not something they banned ppl for in d3 so i highly doubt they do in d2. This is because according to law in several countries that part of ToS is not valid in certain cases. In Wow it did happen but thats simply cause u have pay a monthly fee which means they have more rights to take action. Its too hard to prove and blizzard stated that u are responsible for your acc and the ppl using it.

A dead body doesnt prove that the person got murdered. U have to acknowledge that there could be other explanations. If the person is young the chance of the person actually got murderered increase and a investigation is required. But that still isnt proof that the person got murdered. They wont jump conclusions without further investigation.

Obv u can request them to do but in the end its up to them to decide (as long as they wont break the law). And so far they shown that they wont ban ppl without actual proof.

However i would be patient and see where things goes. Will there be banwaves? Consider d3 have them i wouldnt be surprised. Is it prio now consider ladder isnt even out yet? Not rly.