Botters invading public games now

Without randomizing clicking areas and delays in movements / spell changes, that is super easy to detect. You’re doing the same thing over and over with the same delay in between inputs, clicking in the exact same places.

Honestly surprised it lasted that long

The inevitable future, it’s coming sooner or later whether we want it to or not. Elon Musk apparently is working on something similar to do house chores and of course fill in a large majority of the labor workforce… I have no doubt in my mind that someone will try using one to play Diablo 2. :laughing:

2 Likes

Auto team (new plugin functions of ladder)
Auto farm (always much faster than player)
Auto level up (never banned)

they are the real best partners Blizzard @RobGallerani

They are definitely mostly in private games, but you can now see plenty in public games now

i can barely see public games at all let alone bots inside these public games

3 Likes

The game list just never shows all the games, that is indeed a separate issue

1 Like

funny how every blizzard game with any sort of grinding has bots in it…
wow / d2,d3 / HS/ OW, you name it
it’s almost as if blizz half WANTS to have bots in their games for some reason…
ban bot acc
botter buys new acc
???
profit

5 Likes

Not to mention any bot is also considered a MAU

Yeah when I googled that (got directed to jsp) and read that a guy tested it in D2R and was only banned after 3 WEEKS and 10K PINDLE RUNS now imagine him not only using 1 bot and now multiply this by like 10k+ bot users. Ladder will be fun YEP :slight_smile: .

3 weeks?
This only shows that his BOT plugin was too outdated
I used to help the asian company leveled up bots for money
Two months later, these bots was still MF on my BattleNet list!

NEVER BANNED!!!

I see several running public baal runs daily now

1 Like

Its not only blizzard. U see bots in pretty much every game.

Not at the level seen in D2:LoD, probably will remain the most botted game in history for a very long time. Blizzard takes very little action against bots, and it shows. Other games have bots too, but never at this level.

1 Like

Data to backup that claim. Im pretty sure LA had more botters than LoD had players.

I would love to see u backup that claim. Many games have bots. Obv it get worse with time after 20y not many companies would bother to put the resources to stop the botters. Tibia is like what? 99% bots now? Not saying its not bad but blizzard isnt the only company struggling with bots. I wouldnt stretch it that far and claim blizzard does less than many other companies. Infact i would say they care more than many other companies. D3 still have banwaves and its a 10y old game. RMT attract botters, every game which enables u to sell gears for real cash will have ppl who abuse that.

Unfortunatelly data for this doesn’t exist, for the same reason that blizzard isn’t banning bots

People who set up bots can be dumbasses too. Actually, it’s probably a prerequisite.

you are the obvious troll bot spamming the forums

i may be the minority here, but as much as i hate botters, i would rather blizzard focus on the SPAM bots spamming sell sites and the bots capable of PK and ruining duel games.

granted I’m sure that getting rid of farm bots is greatly helping in minimizing spam bots as they wont be able to effectively run a sell site without them…

but as player, some idiots buying items and some people running bots affects me quite a lot less than not being able to use chat in lobby to find players and make trades because its being spammed

it seems kind of strange to me that with the improved bot detection, that checking chat logs in games and lobby is something they are struggling with.

3 Likes

If there is no data then you shouldnt make such claims. Its very likely that your claim isnt true. Thats just a emotional response and holds no value.

I do that when I run baal runs… although every 3rd or 4th time I say it there’s a typo because I’m doing it in a hurry lol.