Autoclickers are in full use again

There are enough of lags even without this.

You know people are watching that boss health bar, lag is not really much of an excuse.

Iā€™ve noticed its an issue tho. Servers feel slightly de-synced.

I mean the game already lags. And you want to add such thing that you click on an item and the game waits 0.5 sec and sees if anyone else clicked on it in the meantime, and only after that decides who gets the item. How would you know if you actualy clicked on it and it wasnā€™t lag? You will just stay and insanely click on every item waiting for these 0.5 secs. Btw 0.5 sec is a lot. Also, it will not save you from auto clickers.

Common, do not invent the wheel. Itā€™s ploot is the solution for this kind of issue. I canā€™t think of a better solution myself at least or even another adequeate solution.

Just because Blizzard adds controller functionality to the game does not mean it isnā€™t cheating. Cheating is defined as anything outside the rules of the game that give you an advantage over other players. Players using controllers SHOULD NOT be allowed in games with players not using controllers. You wanna be a cheating POS then go play with other cheating POS players. Diablo 2 was never designed or advertised with AUTOPICKUP for drops. Just because you say ā€œadded controller support on PCā€ doesnā€™t mean this isnā€™t fraud and misrepresentation. Controller Support doesnā€™t equal Autolooting when anyone reads that. Itā€™s a complete scam and disrespectful to the players who purchased the game thinking this was an Art Update, not a completely different game.

Controllers are limited to what keyboards/mice can do. Their function is a consolidation of space.

The implementation of the controller support isnā€™t good enough yet, just like other areas of the game. It will require some tweaking to balance it out but as of now it is certainly unfair.

It is within the rules of the game because it is working exactly the way Blizzard designed it to work. The players are not doing anything extra to ā€œcheatā€. They are using the controller within the rules.

You certainly donā€™t have to like that it currently works that way, but it is not cheating. Feedback is good and Blizzard can then decide if they want to keep controller looting the way it currently is or make changes to the controller, or changes to the game.

They have a totally different interface and functionality. Most of it is great and makes the game very much more accessible for people. Some parts may be a bit TOO OP with regard to looting.

Controllers are limited to what keyboards/mice can do

You canā€™t loot everything around without aiming at the item and by pressing 1 button like a controller can. They can loot items before the text appears on the screen, this has got to be an oversight.

I know anecdote is not evidence butā€¦ Iā€™ve been in probably 100+ Baal runs over the weekend, and Iā€™ve not been able to grab a single item - even though Baal and I were hugging quite closely.

I know Iā€™m not the best D2R player out there, but in all those runs not a single grab? Heck, most of the time, I donā€™t even see what the drop is, the loot disappears so quickly.

Leads me to believe pickit is alive and well ATM, and this isnā€™t doing D2R any favors at all - especially if we believed Blizz when they said the new and improved battle.net would limit botting activity.

If this isnā€™t true, before too long, D2R realms will resemble the latter ladders on D2, where only a few hundred players are there, and half of them bots.

This is very, very disappointing to meā€¦ :confused:

After seeing how much easier it is to loot with a controller, Iā€™m thinking of playing with a controller now.

How is playing a ranged class with a controller? I play an Orb/Firewall Sorc, that requires circling a lot of enemy packs to keep them herded together for more efficient killing. Is that easier with a controller than vs. a mouse?

Iā€™m sick of trying to manually click on tags to grab items. I like the idea of just spamming a button for auto-pickup. I didnā€™t know the controller peeps had such a massive advantage.

how is a button on a controller that activates a macro any different than pressing a keyboard to activate a macro? Solution: Ban the macro. edit: if the macro is proprietary, ban the hardware associated with it.

1 Like

All you have to do is use the left analog stick to face your character towards an enemy, and then press the fireball spell to automatically cast it at the nearest enemy. You can play the game with kb/m and controller at the same time. If you touch a key the UI changes from the Controller layout. Try it out, the looting is insane.

lol theres no auto clickers just people fast at picking items up.If you have ever played the original you can pick up a full boss drop of items in a matter of a second if you click fast enough

If I use PickIt to do the exact same functionality as the Controller I will be banned for cheating. You canā€™t use the excuse of controllers are within the rules when itā€™s the exact same thing as a bot playing the game for you. I have a programmable controller that can literally map out a Baal runs and run them without me even needing to play the game. Is this okay with you?

So keep the controller plugged in, play with KBM, and when the boss is about to die, grab controller and start spamming the pickup button?

Sounds easy enough.

I play both PC and console and I hate looting with controllerā€¦ Iā€™d far prefer to click at tags. While yes, you can technically loot much faster with a controller, just wait until you keep packing your inventory full of every piece of garbage that falls to the ground and having to drop things every 2-3 minutes.

What would be wrong with eliminating auto-loot from controllers?

Well, there it is. PC players using a controller is yet one more reason to give a auto allocate loot option.

Either than or you give mouse players the ability to loot by hitting a button.

Thatā€™s actually cheating / automated gameplay, so i wouldnā€™t be surprised if you get banned then.

Simply using a controller as a PC player is not cheating at all and that what MissCheetah said.