Anya’s personalized quest rework

demo: https://m.imgur.com/eziwaIc

Step 1: kill nilatak

Step 2: got see Anya which will grant you a free personalization

Step3: put the item you want changed on the left

Step 4: put the item you want the left items to look like on the right

Step5: if out of free personalization put a standard of heroes in the bottom slot

Step 6: click personalize and claim your item

Disclaimer: Have to mention beforehand

• completing the quest grant you 1 for free, so 3 free shots like Akara’s respec
  • This is only a visual transmutation, not stats is changed to the item in the process
  • Theres also a toggle created to switch Alt art on and Off for people who wants to know what other wear during Pvp (ideally inspect function)
  • there is also a warning message when trading a personalized item
  • The used item is gone… sacrificed in the process, cant get it back
  • this would have for effect to valourize items that look great/special but are bad, ie: Girswold edge or BoneSnap

why standard of heroes? First because it has no value and also Because Standard means “Banner, a visual representation of what you represent” and Heroes, therefor Standard of Heroes means " The visual representation of heores" and Anya Kinda thinks you are a heroe https://imgur.com/VW48DLW

I hate the term Transmog, it doesn’t belong in Diablo franchise, even less in D2, by definition transmog is to change an appearance to look grotestque and funny, that’s not what we would aim in Diablo 2, we want to look good, heroic and intimidating. I’d called it personalized gear

9 Likes

I see no flaws in this suggestion. I actually quite like how well thought out it is. Good job, sir.
+1 for you.

1 Like

Huge +1 from me, I’d love this!

Even if clearly explained and everything taken into account, lots of people manage to not read it and argue against it haha

It would be awesome for everybody, even for people that don’t buy into it, the good looking items would raise in value even if useless

Instead of personalizing an item with your name, the following idea builds upon Anya giving you a class specific item. Namely I feel Anya should take an item, Ex: Normal Archon Staff, and “personalize” it by adding/changing one automod. An automod is +1-3 to a various class skill that spawns on Class Specific items. Only this time we’re picking the automod by using Anya’s quest and she’ll grant +3 to that specific skill.

So you’ll go to Anya in Act 5 with your Archon Staff, add the automod you want to it and bam you got your base for Obsession without having to pray to the RNG gods to deliver the item you want. This works on Normal(White), Magic(Blue) and Rare(Yellow) items. Even works on Runewords so if you decide to change the automod, you can do so at any time. I have yet to decide if I want to include Set/Unique into this given that they roll with SPECIFIC attributes. I’m leaning no but if a case can be made for it, then I’d allow it seeing as its ONLY for Class Specific items.

When we do cosmetic stuff then please start with implementing genders for all classes first. I mean that’s like the starting point to build upon. No, I don’t care about canon, 8 sorceress twins in one game is not canon as well.

What if I want a non-binary sorcere-x

In diablo 2 we are playing the simulation of the canon

it doesn’t make sense to gender swap

As much as it wouldn’t make sense to have a Biographic movie on let’s say Hugh Hefner and have him played by a women

Pretty sure the majority of people would prefer transmog over genders