Amazon Character Frozen

This happened to be during the open beta as well.

Amazon, using a two handed spear, while doing one of the passive dodge animations and attacking using power strike the character will completely freeze in place. The game is not frozen but the character is and won’t move, attack, or cast. Nothing fixes this problem other than leaving game. Character can’t attack, go thru portal, etc but can create a portal, drop items, etc.

Fixed by quitting the game.

13 Likes

I’ve just had the same thing happen.

Game #3236723370
Time: Roughly 7pm central 9/27

Bug: Amazon character stops moving and I can’t control any movement or ability casts anymore. The game is still running, since my merc and Valk keep moving, and other ui/item animations are going.

Notes: I’ve seen odd movement on my amazon before, where I’ve had temporary losses of control likely due to dodge animations, but it always seemed to recover.

This just happened to me on a low level amazon in normal in the maggot lair. Only one point in dodge and evade. Completely unable to do anything at all, some other mobs came over while in this state and I seemed to automatically dodge all of their attacks while I was frozen in this state.

This happened to me in sewer level 3 fighting radament. Now I lost the book of skills lol cause I couldn’t pick it up.

Just happened maggot level 2 with 2 handed spear :confused:

Yep same thing, and I dropped my armor trying to unequip-reequip since I saw somewhere that worked. It doesn’t and now my Peace is gone…

Having the same issue. Amazon is bugged. (sigh)

Ya, i have never seen this on OG d2. so this is something brand new. my dodge is at 51% so when i went to trav to kill the council i have been stuck in this bug. i think its something to do with it getting stuck on if your in the dodge animation or not, and how many times its being triggered, as the amount of hydra’s there is ensuring im at least dodging half their fireballs.

I can also confirm this bug. It usually happens to me when fighting Council Members in Travincal and Baal’s throne room. Character gets completely frozen.
I was able to get out of it last time by switching to Legacy graphics mode.

This bug just caused me to lose a Unique Matriarchal Javelin… was killing stuff in the Flayer Jungle and just ended up freezing after killing everything. Could do everything except attack/move/pick up items. Very frustrating losing a valuable drop for my amazon.

Same thing happens to me once every 3-4 hours of playing. Cost me some good drops already.
It can happen anywhere if you are dodging/evading a lot of attacks from monsters. It just locks you from any type of movement/attack and you cant do anything about it. Probably an animation bug.

This started happening to me since yesterday when i hit akt 3 with my amazon.

Yes! This! Happened to me several times (Also in BETA and I reported it 5 times), had to re enter the game without a WP… Also got killed few times because of this and lost gear. Even if the drops are millimeter from you, you won’t be able to pick it up.

This ridiculous bug, by far, occurred to me in Jail, Maggot Lair, Tal Rasha Tomb and Frozen River.

Please fix this annoying bug! Grinding my teeth everytime I need to pass these places!

Had the same happen to me now twice in about 30 Minutes…its so annoying.Was about to Kill Diablo on Nightmare and suddenly ? Boom…cant do crap but stand still and let me die…thanks ! Fix this ASAP #Blizzard Oh and after i logged back in i almost did Zero Damage to Enemies…great

This is ruining the amazon for me; having to quit the game to get unfrozen.
If you could swap weapons or anything it would be annoying, but at least not nearly as bad.

This is still happening … any ways to fix this?

I do Baal, Diablo and Act 1 Stuff. Most of the time this freeze happens once in this run. Just glad i havent seen a high rune in front of me and couldnt pick it up. And reading here its since beta is just sad…

i’ve experienced this bug on Amazon now at least 5 different times.

Something will happen as I’m killing a room full of enemies and suddenly the character will lock up entirely, unable to move or do anything.

I can open a town portal, but I can’t enter it. I can’t cast any spells at all.
I can swap weapons but it doesn’t do anything to allow me movement or the ability to use spells.

Same exact behavior. Just happened in game. Had to exit. Has happened multiple times in the past.

Happened to my amazon on and off through all levels of the game. Both in special places like Cow aswell as normal places like inner cloister.

It happened the last time being in cow, opening a chest.