All Characters Deleted

All of my characters are suddenly gone too! Please help!

Same just happened to me. Left my game on the main screen overnight. Woke up, selected a character, and tied to hit “Play”. After 5 minutes of staring at a black screen, the game crashed. Relaunched it and EVERY character is gone – online AND offline characters! I didn’t have nearly the same progression as others (I play in between watching a toddler) but I had a level 35 Frenzy / Item Find Barb, a level 28 Paladin, a level 20 Necro, a level 19 Sorc, and a couple level 10-ish characters. Not to mention 2 million gold in my stash, plenty of set and unique items, etc.

Hoping it’s just a hiccup and the toons will be back when Blizzard fixes it. If they’re gone forever, this could be grounds to never launch this game again.

Was playing and got stuck , now all my char is gone ! … nice …

Sadly, money is already theirs whatever happens. It is a one-time purchase after all. I don’t expect any DLCs or other things to come out since this is a remake of an old game.

If they’re really sincere, Blizzard should stop offering pre-orders and let those willing to take the risk of bug-testing earlier iterations of the game leave out ratings.

Sigh… sorry just frustrated. Been so excited for this game, then everytime I happen to be free from work, this greets me.

I can’t say for sure but they should be back soon. Progress only seems to be lost if they do a rollback which is silly that they dont back up character data or something to that level beforehand - I don’t think i ever lost any actual progress even in the original d2.

actually no news about blizzard but thats a little sad about a game we waiting for so long have so many BIGBUGS
after near one month

lol you people should pay attention, your characters are gone because you cant even CONNECT to battlenet… which explains why your offline

hm im actually connected to bnet idiot but like many all chars are GONE again

I have 0 issue when playing old diablo 2 with toaster computer.
I have 0 problem playing Diablo 3, little screen lag cuz of my old laptop.
I have TONS of problem when i start playing D2R, with my NEW LAPTOP that even can run any game without a problem. now you guys told me to update my gaphic card which i did and did not solve my problem. Should I just play offline cuz i can’t even see my characters anymore.

yeah, they’re doing the same mistakes over and over again. with every game they make, there’s something they never solve. word of advice blizzard: take a look at cd project red… think about your actions. you live from your past, but in fact today you’re more like a parasite, feeding on good memories.
we’re not living in a world where companies can get away with anything. not anymore.

tbh, this is probably my last blizzard game brought. I cannot care anymore, I just can’t. time to finish dumping the time into this clusterfck, called blizzard entertainment.

1 Like

4 days in a row, and no instant respond from their site, im done with this garbage company and game

1 Like

All character online gone.

just got back from a week of work travel and update the game. hop on and my characters are gone… first issue i have had with the game since launch.

same here. with Cain while indetifying

Me too. My characters are gone…

^^^^^ same all my toons are gone they need to fix this

Again…When will Blizzard fix their servers?

Hi, I see I’m not the only one…
I hope this will be solve quickly…
lot of hour loosed :confused:

Bonjour,

Je jouais tranquillement avec mon 3eme perso et en revenant au menu, pas de message d’erreur mais Tous mes personnages de Diablo 2 ont disparus. J’ai relancé et redemarré l’ordinateur plusieurs fois en vain

1 Like
  • When the character was lost? 12.10.2021 / 3pm (UTC+1)
  • When you last played it? 11.10.2021 / 3pm (UTC+1)
  • If you are referring to an Online or Offline character? Online
  • If you have double checked the Online and Offline tab (the option is in the top right corner of the screen, above the character list)? Yes
  • The class of the character that you’ve lost? Barb (67) / Necro (74)
  • The platform you were playing on (PC or console, and if so which one)? PC

You get to at least play during the evenings. In Australia, by the time I finish work for the day I’ll get maybe an hour or two of gaming at best before the online character servers become unreachable.

1 Like