[2.4 Patch] Pvp is compromised - Fast Hit Recovery / Stun Issue

Bumping the topic for visibility!

2 Likes

In my opinion a middle way between 2.3 and 2.4 fhr system is the way to go. Possibility to execute pvp combinations based on stun lock have to repristined

3 Likes

PvP is the end gameā€¦ Let us have our endgame back plz blizz.

3 Likes

Also please fix the 4-frame attack not registering in whirlwind! Thanks :smiley:

3 Likes
  1. remove the new ludicrous limitation of ā€œLeap now has minimum height and durationā€. Why are you deliberately trying to ruin BvC? As if itā€™s not one of the most demanding/complex PvP builds alreadyā€¦
  2. Please fix the whirlwind bugs - see this great video D2R PvP Glitches - Whirlwind is Broken - YouTube which demonstrates the problems with WW
  3. revert the FHR mechanic to how it was! now it is an inconsistent nonsensual madness!
  4. character inspection
  5. show ilvl on items
  6. hotkey to view the stats of the socketed jewels in items (separated/standalone from the itemā€™s innate stats)
  7. currency tab for stacking runes/gems/jewels/keys/etc
  8. maybe 3 more shared stash tabs and significantly increased character slots per account (if you wish, monetize those features, weā€™ll gladly pay $$)

Please take special care for PVP. D2 is alive for 22 years mostly because of us PVP players (we are actually your hardcore gamers playerbase with 30++k hours playtime, so please donā€™t neglect us). Currently PVP is absolutely destroyed in D2R, majorly due to 2 aspects:

(1) With patch 2.4 the FHR mechanic is fundamentally changed, actually it is simplified and, more or less, destroyedā€¦ See, we donā€™t need concepts like ā€œdiminishing returnsā€ and ā€œcooldownsā€ in D2; itā€™s just not that kind of game! Please revert the FHR as it was! Please see this great video Hit recovery testing on 2.4 (PTR) - YouTube which demonstrates the severe problems with the new FHR concept. What personally pains me is that Leap is now a joke, completely destroys the BvC barbarian PVP build, which was already amongst the more challenging/demanding builds to play anyway. With this new ā€œdiminishing returnsā€/ā€œtemporary immunity to FHRā€ mechanic, now itā€™ll be very hard to chain-lock, chain-stomp, etc. Duels will last forever (e.g. 70min per duel) because you no longer can do a proper combo (especially as a melee hero) as your opponent will just be able to immediately teleport away all the timeā€¦ the clear outcome is that PVP becomes less skill-demanding, less exciting, unremarkable and really not fun playstyle; it becomes genereic, like the plenty other modern games. The only way to play PVP will be with a selected few ranged heroes brainlessly shooting spells from 2 screens away (e.g. bone necro, sorcs, bowazons, etc) playing passively. Say goodbye to melee and semi-melee heroes. By introducing this harmful concept of temporary FHR-immunity you basically reduce the complexity of PVP. Sure, this way you make it more accessible to the casual players with slow fingers who lack skills. But letā€™s acknowledge the fact that those casual players will anyway do a couple of duels, then leave and move on with their lives. So letā€™s not forget that PVP is actually a game mode destined for the professional, dedicated, hardcore playerbase with superior gaming skills, APM and low reaction time. In the end, it is us PVP players who invested tens of thousands of hours in playing D2 for the past 22 years, hence we basically kept the game alive. Because weā€™re passionate, because weā€™re junkies for the dopamine and adrenaline that the outstanding PVP rhythm in D2 gives us. Unfortunately this excitement will now come to an end if you really choose to simplify and dumb-down this important FHR mechanic. Please respect your hardcore professional gamers and please take care of our PVP scene. Let me tell you now that the new temporary FHR-immunity mechanic (and similar concepts like diminishing returns or cooldowns) is outrageous, has no place in our beloved oldschool D2, and will be the end of our exciting D2 PVP gaming. Itā€™ll be a shameā€¦

(2) With the recent significant damage buffs to certain skills, I see mainly 3 heroes which would be totally Overpowered in PVP: bone necromancer (bone spirit/bone spear), bowazon (guided arrow/multishot), fist of heavens paladin (in particular the so-called V/T hybrid - fister/smiter/charger). (ah, not to mention AFK auradins) The significant buffs to those skills will practically render all other characters/builds useless and obsolete.
To properly balance PVP, just add additional koefficient with which to appropriately divide the damage of the tremendously overpowered skills like bone spear/bone spirit/guided arrow/fist of heavens, etc. You know, like the already existing static damage penalty for PVP (was it 6 times less damage?). The new concept should be skill-based, so every skill that needs further damage tuning for PVP will be done with its own value/weight, e.g. 0.75x(bone spirit dmg) and 0.85x(bone spear dmg), etc.
This way bone spear/spirit can have high damage in PVM, because bone necro really struggles in PVM starting from like /players 4 and above. Yet, it wonā€™t be overpowered in PVP due to the special penalty with a dedicated koefficient.

2 Likes

Still an important topic

2 Likes

Yeah, PVP has been ruined pretty much solely due to this shltty FHR change, due to feedback from a bunch of whiny PVM players that go into a pub and get stomped once in a blue moon, needing something to blame. Now any time I spend on the game I just grief pub PVM games for fun since PVP is ruined.

5 Likes

yeah i remember PvP had basic rules of combat, such as a fury druid and zealer have no chance against a smiter unless they are against a wall(knockback). stun was never really part of pvp, it was the knockback and the ā€œstunā€ from being hit really damn hard by something(such as a blessed hammer from a hdin with good dmg). Stun has always been exclusively for keeping monsters from fighting back, but now our mercs and minions are vulnerable to stun :frowning:

I dont like the thought of being allowed to just shrug off a mindblast without hitting the fhr bp, thats what they were there for. you had to play smart. facing a trapsin? as a smiter you use charge to get to her, as a barb you run out or ww thorugh, but if you run out then you would circle around and then tele-ww the trapsin. you had to be skilled if you didnt want to just get locked and killed by a trapsin.

so yeah, i think they should change it back. if you dont like being stun-locked, then raise your fhr to the bp. I used to put a spirit on my smiter with coh when facing a trapsin for the sake of fhr along with a rockstopper instead of coa or shako. the rockstopper had a mal in it to help against lightning dmg.

I do appreciate not being stunlocked when I teleport into the middle of a fantaticism enhanced boss group of those minotaur dudes in worldstone keep though lolā€¦but ruining pvp is not a price thats worth paying for that. its bad enough with nkā€™ers and jerks in general.

1 Like

MINIMUMS ON LEAP??? wtfā€¦thats a busted update, did they forget what bvc does in order to create an opening on their opponent?! wow, thatā€™s so stupidā€¦omg thats just downright non-existent brains. that was a bvcā€™s bread and butter aside from greifz and beastz, wtf were they thinking? they just ruined an entire build that focused on putting spammy casters in their placeā€¦

Also, I think ww needs to not reduce dmg at lower lvls, it should always raise damage and have synergies so it can compete with other things like guided arrow update.

yeah dmg in pvp has always been 1/6, but 16k hammers never cared about that, Hdins were always OPā€¦thats why bvc was such a high demand build, to counter hdins. V/T is also a result of overpowered Hdins. I wonder why magic res was never added to a wide variety of items, and why it caps at 50% when magic dmg is the highest dps in pvp of all types(due to 50% res cap even tho no player has ever achieved thatā€¦) I think magic damage in pvp should be set to 1/10 of itā€™s dmg. you can set your res to the elements and poison at 95 and nullify most casters, but magic damage just ruins your dad if you dont get out of its way and avoid it like the plague lol. I remember charging circles around a necro and then POW the .1 second after they cast, and just smiting them out of existence. to take down an hdin I had to learn about the blind spot, then I had to figure out how to get past the hammers and get back out. you couldnt just keep smiting because then you end up eating a hammer or 3 and dying.

so yeah they definitely need beef up ww and remove the minimums from leap(itā€™s meant to be spammed so you can disrupt casters)

3 Likes

no offense but hammerdin rekt both bvc and v/t ^^

leap nerf is an huge deal in tvt, but in 1v1 it doesnt matter too much tbh, a good player will generally not get hindered too much by leap

emphasis on good, now anyone can just do it. thereā€™s no skill involved, no tactic, no thinking. just blind chargingā€¦PvP used to take skill and thinking, and tacticsā€¦you didnt just blindly attack or you got killed fast(such as a bvc being pwned by an hdin, he didnt understand that you never ww that damn long or in that direction. cause hammers really really really hurt). you had to be fast too, cause a bvc can tele into the hdin blind spot, ww 2 inches, tele back out and see if the hdin teleā€™d on them, and then boom 2 inch ww again into blind spot and 2 inch ww then tele. leap was for creating an initial opening or disrupting a chase. on v/t you had to charge them from blind spot direction, smite, and then foh all before they tele onto you and start hammering. then gtfo before they do, or you are one dead little v/t lol

but thats the thing, it took real knowledgeā€¦not ā€œgo smashy smashyā€ and hdin NEEDED fhr in order to react or they couldnt tele-stomp nothin to save their booty lol

2 Likes

Going blind spot isnt a valid strategy against a good hammer, they move too much, and they can smite you out the blind spot if you go in it and push you into the hammerfield.

Also why would you foh when you are in melee range instead of just smiting

I used to pvp a lot, and hated hdins. so i learned them, and became very good at killing them. then I joined LVL and went full pvm. I have not pvpā€™d on d2r, but I watched. looked the same, and anyone with no fhr was gettin rekt

1 Like

Up, pvp need to be saved!

5 Likes

Save PvP, save D2, save the world

2 Likes

please save this man, and fhr

2 Likes

Agree. This is what I wanna say exactly

2 Likes

I agree
Now, After 2.4
PvP assassin is over
And all pvp is boring.
Plz consider pvp user

2 Likes

D2 PvP was a masterpiece. Now itā€™s a joke. Clearlyā€¦the devs donā€™t care about PvP. 2.4 is the worst version of the game. Quitting until i hear otherwise. GG guys. GL HF

2 Likes

Please take a look onto the feedback. PvP needs your attention!

2 Likes