Warzone not opening

I have the same issue as Kinablu,
Tried everything what he did and more, but I dont have critix and/or commodo. About to punch a wall, anyone know what I could do?

I have Comodo and tried this without success. I’ve disabled my firewall too and still nothing. I hope something works out soon because this is frustrating!!

1 Like

If you have anti-malware software, add the game to the exceptions or uninstall the program.
I had Emsisoft Emergency Kit and now Warzone works.

The following didn’t work for me: adding the whole Modern Warfare folder to the Windows Defender exception list.
I’ve as well uninstalled Citrix that I had laying around, but nothing.

1 Like

For all comodo users. You don’t need to uninstall the anti-virus:
Open Comodo: Select: Settings → Advanced Protection → Miscellaneous → Detect Shell Code Injections [Exclusion] and add the entire Call of Duty: Modern Warfare game folder to the exclusion list.
Not my Idea. Found it on the activision support page. Links are not allowed so I can’t link to original post.

3 Likes

this is the 4 day with this issue…
I am having the issue since the latest big update.

added modernwarfare to firewall exceptions

don’t have citrix or Sophos on my system

delete and re-installed [Battle.net](http://Battle.net) and MW Warzone

viewed event log and I am getting ntdll.dll error from ModernWarfare.exe

disabled windows firewall - still did not load

tried scan and repair on Battle.net

None of the above has allowed MW or Warzone to load.

1 Like

I’m adding this note to explain why the Blizzard staff is not likely to assist with this issue.

Blizzard does not develop or provide assistance with the COD game client. They provide access to download the client through Bnet (think of it like Steam). But any issues with the game client launching or crashing requires support through Activision.

Note: I’m a volunteer and do not work at Blizzard.

@Nicole-1893

Can you explain why Blizzard is having game issues with loops of scanning / updating / scanning without Gaslighting me with fat lies, Blizzard has gaslighted me with “Everything works fine. You might wanna try these steps.” and every year I see the same lie on Twitter and getting tired of Blizzard gaslighting me. :frowning:

Well, I have no motivation for lying, if that helps. Green text people aren’t paid, we just like helping people.

I’ve read a lot of these threads with the same issue. My personal experience points to a throttling event with some of the ISPs, or even problems along the route to the CDN (content delivery network). This can cause partial disconnects or desyncs, which result in corruption of the downloaded files.

I recently had some very slow downloads for the latest Overwatch patch, as well as a WoW patch, and I was able to remedy that by switching to a VPN. This changed my route taken to the data center serving the patches to my client. It also means that either my ISP, or the routing peers they have contracts with to reach Blizzard, are throttling my ability to quickly download large files. This is perfectly legal in the US, since we no longer have Net Neutrality (pls don’t get me started on this lol). Some players mentioned that a VPN isn’t working for them though, so in those cases my next suggestion would be an alternate network, like a hotspot (a phone sharing data to PC).

Ultimately, the updates are working for millions of people across all of their games, and it seems incredibly unlikely (if not impossible) that they would single out any particular region, country, or ISP, from being able to do this successfully. That would just make more work for them in the long run. It’s my personal opinion that this is just a connection problem; whether it’s caused by throttling, poor routing, or on a local level, likely varies from case to case.

I forgot to mention this with my first post in the thread, and it’s a bit more on topic:

A common issue is when third-party software updates in the background without user involvement, and then conflicts arise. For instance, if you update Windows, it’s possible that your mouse driver doesn’t work properly with it anymore; or sometimes the driver updates on its own, and suddenly doesn’t work with a game. I see this way too often in the Overwatch forums (my usual hangout), where gaming mice and keyboards stop integrating properly with the client after mysterious updates that the user did not apply intentionally.

These conflicts can usually be spotted in the error report portion of the DxDiag (at the very end after exporting to txt file), or in the Windows Event Viewer, after the failed launch occurs.

Ok so I found a fix for myself I had to go into my AV I’m using Emsisoft had to put MW/WZ in a exclude from monitoring and exclude from scanning folders. This worked for me don’t know if it will work for you but maybe your AV is trying to protect you from stressing out to much but give that a shot and you should be good to go.

you know what’s funny, is that when you contact activision they say that it’s a blizzard problem and to contact them, ANOTHER INFINITE LOOP! WHAT A JOKE

this worked for me, thank you so much i used comodo and just followed them steps

Share all of your issues and no fix. Tired of these constant upgrades and large files. Suggest giving us the option to delete modules or leave for future. Refund my Modern Warfare PC version

1 Like

Does not open for me either anymore. I have tired to update / repair files, it just stops with an error.

It always used to work well. No clue what they have changed that it does not anymore.
Also iam not satisfied with the large file sizes - constant updates also that you can’t disable/delete Warzone, i bought Modern Warfare, not warzone.
This was definately the last Call of Duty i have bought, i updated and downloaded this game more time then i did/could play it.

Here we are over a month later with no help/ explanation from either side. Really embarrassed that I gave over $200 to such a terrible company. I swear I am spending more time trying to fix the game then play it in the last month.

2 Likes

Hey Blizzard, go ahead and forward all of this to your buddy Activision. That’s what you said you’d do, right?

4 Likes

Same, i swear if i read 1 more form or if 1 more person tells me to update a driver or allow the program through anti virus, I’m gonna loose my patients with them. ive literally changed every setting in my PC just to try to get this game to work. IT AINT MY PC, its Activision and their game. IDC! about John mcclain and rambo update, get the freaking game working.

2 Likes

Well, guess you all never forwarded these. :man_shrugging: Still, after trying all of the “fixes” I cannot play this game.

Forwarded what, specifically? The staff on these forums works for Blizzard, not Activision. All support for opening/launching and playing the game is handled by Activision only. Bnet is just the store you bought the license from.

1 Like