Stuck on "Updating the battle net update agent"

Tried everything from safe boot, deleting every bnet related file in %appdata%, then programdata, temp, everything. Triedto install from 4g tether, install with wired connection, new admin user in windows 10, ipconfig flush dns, 2 different public DNS, then I tried a fresh windows install, its just doing nothing.

Sometimes I get past the updating agent / updating battle net part to at least be able to select an install location, which is nice, but then it just stays on 0% and doesnt install anything for 1 hour. Device manager shows its using my processor, but its not writing anything to disk, or using any bandwith, so… I’m baffled.

1 Like

Similar story for me - tried clearing all the folders, resetting WMI Repository, flush DNS, multiple restarts and so on, stuck on update of agent when trying to install battle.net.

Before I had Modern Warfare II pre update downloaded. After release of season 1 and warzone 2.0 release it started downloading about 800MB update. It was extremely slow slow so I started unchecking Warzone 2.0 and Coop modules (I unchecked campaign some time ago) - it was 400MB update after that and I managed to push it threw with pausing and un pausing download. But the was still something wrong - update was initialising and so on. So I uninstalled COD and than after it would not instal it again whole battle.net. Since that I am unable to install even battle.net :confused:.

EDIT: on youtube there is video watch?v=49TN7FuZUn4 - looks like has some interesting fix suggestion but still, none of that worked.

EDIT 2: Servers are completely down :smiley: https://twitter.com/BlizzardCSEU_EN/status/1592979570302808065

great idea to release dragonflight pre patch and some garbarge patch for MW2 at the same time, one way to nuke your servers! atleast let us know if these issues are on your end, not ours

New BR to come online for us to play and shocker their servers are not working, just a company of crayon eating idiots that can not ever fix their products

This worked for me.

In fact, I only had to switch to my mobile hotspot to get past the stuck “Updating Battle.net update agent”. After that, I switched back to my WiFi and the download continued.

1 Like

Out of every single thing I have tried since this morning I mean every method here on youtube on reddit you name it I tried but the mobile hot spot did it and got me past the update agent THANK YOU you are a god send!!!

update went to another this time Updating… battle.net… and got stuck used method above once past the agent logged into VPN connected to NZ and it let me finally reinstall battle.net app thank god thats over with

I was planning on grinding xp for my weapons and level tonite…they should give us some weapon xp tokens and xp level tokens for this crazy server download issue…I paid for MW2 to have some new fun, not like its free were mishaps are acceptable… Even if issues like this is common, it should be resolved within the hour for all paid games, or give us alternatives…

I, too, am having this same problem; had an issue with Battenet not updating a week or so ago, had trouble fixing it, so just ignored it & logged into the game via the Wow.exe application; now that DF has launched officially, i can’t do that now, co i get the “servers incompatible” thing, so need to download the new patch material - which i can’t co i have not Battlenet, since uninstalling it trying to fis the earlier problem.

i have tried SO MANY of the “solutions” offered - cleared all Battlenet, BNet, & Blizzard mentions from the ProgramData, Temp, & LocalApp data folders; flushed my DNS; reset the WMI repository; actually uninstalled my anti-virus; tried the install in clean boot mode; reset network settings; reset network adapter; rebooted so many times; i’m already on a mobile hotspot, so that suggestion hasn’t been any help. Funny thing is, i get stuck at a different spot & with a different BattleNet window if i run the install as an administrator than if i don’t…

I am trying to re-install the battlenet application for over 3 days now without success. I get either Error BLZBNTAG00000BB8 or the the process is stuck forever on ‘‘updating battlenet update agent’’
I have tried all the suggested steps from Blizzard and other users as for example at the relevant threads at Support forums Error BLZBNTAG00000BB8 - #96 by BlackWolf-12504 or in this topic here
Trying to submit a ticket to Blizzard with my DXDiag and MSINFO is impossible, all i get is ‘‘You can’t submit this ticket.
An error has occurred. This may be a temporary error, so please try again later.’’
Very upsetting that i can not access the games that i have paid for

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.