Error BLZBNTAG00000BB8

Im going to give this a try and hopefully it works because Im having this problem atm and beyond frustrated :frowning: thank you for posting this **fingers crossed

1 Like

im dealing with exact problem it just loops scan over and over

1 Like

I can’t even install anything, nothing! I have done all of the suggestions as well, I come from an IT background, everything is fine on my end. Installs get to the same “initialzing 116/120” and I get the error. I just wanted to play some D3 after a long break, why does one of the biggest game companies have the most issues, I’ll tell you, $$$$ plain and simple, it means more than the people.

thanks for the info, gotta check if it works for me

has anyone found a fix for the scanning loop? i’ve been stuck in it for 4 hours trying everything i can to solve the issue and nothing is working

I’ve tried multiple times to fix this issue and have had no luck. The scan and repair function fails every single time…has anyone had any luck resolving the issue yet ?

Sorry long but maybe it’ll help someone and my old eyes need space.

What worked for me, after many steps, attempts, stuck for 27 hours in update scan loops, trying to download and launching w/o bnet app (longtime player here and didn’t always have bnet app, with no IT background so bear with me):

1. Uninstalled everything, everywhere I could, even addons just in case.

2. Restarted computer

3. Make a NEW admin profile on computer (I’m only user on computer so made no sense and OG profile IS the admin, too, but w/e) Google this if unsure how to.

4. I also opened and ran all apps/programs with the right click/run as administrator option. Log into your Blizz account and download Bnet launcher app.

5. Run bnet app as admin ( right click thing above) and download new game client.
    (This took 4 hours for me on Tuesday night)

6. Once downloaded, on game launcher the blue button that would say “play”was stuck on reclaiming space for a while and then said “update”. Someone on Reddit said to close Bnet client and relaunch - I did and it worked! Blue button said play and it finished the download. I admit I was afraid of having to repeat, normal when downloading after a bit it becomes playable, I watched it sit on reclaim for another 2 hours. When closed and reopen, it worked.

7. I restarted my computer

8. I switched to my normal profile and download Bnet app again and played like normal.

9. FOMO sucks and I feel behind, but at least game is playable.

Good luck

This is still occurring, I have a stuck character and the character stuck service is down? So i tried this and now I cannot update the game.

this worked 4 me 8 Methods To Fix BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 error when launching the game on Battle.net - YouTube

Just adding my name to the list :frowning: tried the scan/repair tool and bricked my game, same issues as others, stuck in a loop

Thanks for this mate, the method where he deleted all files in the WoW directory apart from the “data” files is what worked for me. Much appreicated.

Edit: I’m replying to that linked video above me guys - 8 Methods To Fix BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 error when launching the game on Battle.net - YouTube

Just happened to me as well right after finishing a raid on wow i thought it might have had something to do with an addon i just installed and relogged because when i relogged i was able to get back in the game but no matter what i did the the game was so laggy and choppy any action i took in game would freeze go in slow motion the entire time and i realized there was a update pending and so i tried to download it and ended up in this loop. Now i guess ill see what else i can screw up since im not very good with this kinda thing or navigating a solution myself

It’s happening to me as well on a different game than others on here. It’s happening to me on MW2 and it most certainly is the patching system through battlenet app. Why else would ours be working one day then all of a sudden with different games it seems to be running into this issue. For some it’s WoW for others it’s MW2, so that tells me it is the app itself that went bonkers and needs to be fixed. I really hope Activision and Blizzard listen to this feedback.

Same here. Tried everything but I can’t make it work. Still the same error

Thank you so much my Warzone is fixed!

Just wanted to share my experience with this bug. I attempted to follow some of the advice here and ended up breaking things more honestly. I think i deleted some files that weren’t supposed to be deleted. In the end I had to reinstall WoW and WoW classic and after reinstall they both worked fine. It’s alot of time and resources, but if none of the other advice here works. That is what i had to do.

Something of note, i did save my old WTF files before uninstalling the games so i didnt have to fix all my addons and stuff. Those WTF files did not cause any issues after the reinstall and saved me alot of time.

@Magicalboy34 how was it fixed, mine is still having the same issues? And no response. I submitted a ticket and still nothing

Just adding my name to the list. I finally got it working by uninstalling everything connected to Blizzard.

• Uninstalled the game through Battle.net
  • Uninstalled bnet app
  • Went around looking for any traces of Blizzard and deleted them
  • Reinstalled bnet app
  • Reinstalled WoW

Then everything worked. At least…it has been working…

Hope this helps someone else. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have been trying to re-install the battle net application for over 3 days now without success. I get either Error BLZBNTAG00000BB8 or the the process is stuck forever on ‘‘updating battlenet update agent’’
I have tried all the suggested steps from Blizzard and other users as for example at the relevant threads at Support forums Error BLZBNTAG00000BB8 - #96 by BlackWolf-12504 or here Stuck on "Updating the battle net update agent" - #69 by SpeedDemon-11607
Trying to submit a ticket to Blizzard with my DXDiag and MSINFO is impossible, all i get is ‘‘You can’t submit this ticket.
An error has occurred. This may be a temporary error, so please try again later.’’
Very upsetting that i can not access the games that i have paid for

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.