StarCraft II API returns stale data

Please fix this. We need API access!

3 Likes

Please, fix the API as tournaments need access to relevant player stats.

3 Likes

pleaseā€¦ please fix this

3 Likes

The API is really important to the community. Please fix this issue

3 Likes

absolutely needs fixing!

3 Likes

Hi,

While current issue is stricly related to ladder API, Iā€™d like to outline that SC2 APIs are not only essential for competitive scene, but also arcade scene.

For instance sc2arcade.com (which Iā€™m author of) uses stuff like oauth login, profile data, and keeps track of match history. Intially, knowing that SC2 APIs are quite volatile, I was bit relucant in even adopting themā€¦

And I believe Iā€™m not the only one - lack of communication and strong stance about the API from Blizzard was always a problem in the past, even though past issues were eventually fixed, weā€™re at the same spot weā€™ve always been. No one has acknowledged the issue - I donā€™t even expect ETA, but something like ā€œweā€™re aware, and looking for a resolutionā€ would already be something.

Being application developer placed in such environment, where critical component is so volatitle is not exactly fun experience. And Iā€™m certain many potential 3rd party devs have backed off, before even starting their project, because of the things Iā€™ve mentioned.

7 Likes

Any update on this? My expectation, as a paying customer of this game, is that issues like these are resolved in a more timely manner

3 Likes

Hey Blizzard, fix your API stuff. Thanks!!

3 Likes

3 Likes

Tweet the problem at their customer service too boys. Lets try to get more eyes on this.

2 Likes

Please resolve this soon or give a statement.

2 Likes

Is blizzard abandoning the sc2 scene?

3 Likes

It would be really nice if you guys could fixx this

2 Likes

The API is very important for any tournaments related to amateur players. We use the API to check the actual ranks of players, check their ladder activity, check their identity. Some events use it for seeding players as well.

Amateur tournaments are very important to the scene. Players who have a space to be competitive on their level generally improve much faster. Keep in mind that amateur doesnā€™t just mean low leagues who play now and then for fun, many amateur tournaments are made for low/mid Masters players who later grow to become the next pros.

With API going down repeatedly, often for long periods of time, we are given a choice: either put our events on hold or risk the competition being sabotaged. We can just ask players for their MMR but smurfs (higher rank players pretending to be low rank) trying to get into tournaments is not rare. The better the prize pool, the higher the risk but the reasons can be more silly than that. While access to the API doesnā€™t completely solve the problem, it does at least give us some tool to keep the competitionā€™s integrity.

6 Likes

Please fix. I donā€™t mind helping. I love SC and hate seeing stuff like this. Good luck with solving this.

2 Likes

+1 blizzard, i know you can!

2 Likes

2 Likes

Please fix it, it is an integral tool for all levels of competition. I hope you can find a good solution to the problem

2 Likes

Please fix the API. Itā€™s vitally important for the SC2 community.

1 Like

Plz fix the API Blizzard

3 Likes