First you MUST have watched one of the qualified Twitch streamers (OW2) for at least 4 hours yesterday, and the drop HAS to show up in your Inventory, this is a requirement for this solution
Started 1:10 am:
- If you tried everything and still didn’t get beta access to Overwatch 2 Tech beta (including checking connections, opting in, linking things, etc), try making your e-mail address the same on Twitch as it was on Blizzard. Confirm your email address.
- Setting up 2 factor authentication on Twitch (only need it on twitch).
- (during this period I elected to log out of my Battle.Net)
Gave option to reconnect to B-net app on Twitch. (B-net remained connected to Twitch on its end.)
3a. If your B-Net is still showing connected to Twitch. Hit disconnect. Then log out of twitch. Log back in, check your drops first, should prompt you to re-claim/connect B-Net.
- I got an option to reconnect my claimed reward in Inventory (Claim button is yellow, and Refresh button to the right of it. This button may show up more than one time)
(Also it DOES NOT MATTER if it said Claimed before, it’s not “claimed” until it’s on your b-net launcher)
- Check your e-mail and verify your e-mail, then wait 30 mins to a few hours.
(After 30 minutes on the dot, i logged back into the Launcher. and it appeared)
UPDATE: 6:35am checked Battlenet client, the menu HAS Overwatch 2 Tech Beta AVAILABLE in the drop down. It just takes a little time. NOT SURE HOW MUCH TIME but this DOES work.
Hope it helps you!!!
The install is 12gb, doesn’t take long on decent internet. About 20-30 min
Props to: Wow! for finding initial solution.
I added some updates on this, follow that directly and let me know if that worked, if not i will continue to help people trouble shoot options.
Other Quick Fixes:
- An easy solution to this issue appears to be making sure Overwatch is installed, and booting it up.
- Once open, simply close the game, click the Globe next to Game Version, and change your region to Europe. Then boot up to the start menu again.
- After closing the game, check your Game Version menu again and the Beta may have appeared.
- “from: Anurag Chawake”