Modern Warfare slow download?

i am getting 4.40 MB/s and it slow entire connection which is strange, on steam I can download much faster and nothing slow down… I can download games on Ubisoft, Origin, Steam, Playstation Store and Microsoft Store with no problem.

I paid for this game more than any other game one month after release… We should be getting upgrade just for inconvenience caused by this ridiculous platform.

1 Like

I tried using a vpn and im only reaching 3-4 MB/s. on steam ican reach 12-18MB/s.

Has anyone found a solution that worked. What vpn did u use?

i use CyberGhost 7 free trial 1 day

i fixed my download by deleting spyware called premier opion yours could be named something different just delete stuff thats you dont know and sketchy stuff search/look in control pannel and delete it then restart your pc

1 Like

i have the same problem i tried using vpn but didn’t work i tried deleting a spyware and found none it looks like i’m not going to play MW. my download is capped between 100-20 KB/s on steam i got like 700 KB/s to 5 Mb/s

Hey everyone! i was having the same issue. My download would cap at about 20 mb/s and then steadily drop till it hit 0. I found a program on my computer called “RelevantKnowledge” Apparently it gathers data anonymously and is considered a type of Adware. AVG removed this program, and i also made sure it was uninstalled. After it was removed, i had no problems , and it continues to stay at about 15mbs/20mbs which is normal for my connection. I hope this helps someone :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Went to add or remove and found RelevantKnowledge and revoved it, now have full speed

1 Like

There’s a reason why Steam is the preferred platform. Up to 40mbs download speed on Steam for me, regardless of time, file size, and anything else.

Downloaded Fifa on Origin - 2mbs

Downloading Modern Warfare - 1.5 to 2mbs

Had I known it would’ve been so annoying I most definitely would’ve not purchased the game.

Tried a bunch of VPNs and other tricks in this thread and nothing worked. If anything, using a VPN (free trial) slows the download speed. So, any more tricks someone would want to share?

My download is speed is like 60MB/S but in the battle.net it’s under 1MB/S
BLIZZARD PLS FIX IT

When downloading Heroes of the Storm or Hearthstone, is the download speed faster? If so how fast?
Router Brand: Netgear 
Router Model: Nighthawk AC1900 (R6900V2)... previous Netgear N600
If you have QoS or SIP ALG settings on your router, what is it set to? Does changing these setting affect the download speed? No idea what this is, haven't messed with anything
If you bypass your router completely does it resolve the problem? Cannot move my PC to my living room
If a VPN does help, which VPN are you using? Not wasting money on a VPN and have it not work

•Router Brand: Netgear

•Router Model : AX-8

•If you have QoS or SIP ALG settings on your router, what is it set to? Does changing these setting affect the download speed? ; QOS is turned off

•If you bypass your router completely does it resolve the problem?; NO

•If a VPN does help, which VPN are you using? ; Using PIA , only helped to get to 5MB/s briefly then it drops back down to below 1MB/s

It is so easy to find in the forums and everywhere online about players countless complaining about slow game or patch speeds.

I notice many players having their connection speed from 20mbps to 1gbps and they all have issues with slow download speed.

I saw countless replies from Blizzard community managers asking them to run a lot of checking in our side things like antivirus, tracert, ping, router configs, etc.

Is it honestly so hard to admit it is capping on your side?

Let’s check for a second how fast is downloading from Steam? I can get easily 37MB/S it means something like 300mbps.

Today CoD MW patch download is capped at 3MB/S meaning 24mbps.

There can be no arguments on that. Honestly, it is embarrassing for the company to provide service like that.

5 Likes

I’m getting the same problem. I am hard wired to the internet. My service is 400mbps download speeds. Speed test is reading around 440mbps. MW update from today is downloading at around 2MB/s. I paused it a switched to the hearthstone update and it immediately went up to 25+MB/s. Finished that update, and went back to MW. 2MB/s…

This works 100% i deactivated my web sheild in totalav my anti virus software and boom 12mb/s champion

1 Like

I cant get anything over (and only between) 4-10 Mbps. Yet when I am downloading games from other sauces, BOOM 500+Mbpx, most times 1Gbps. I dont get why this software is so slow for downloading and updating things.

For me its been like this since one of the updates for the app. It’s stupid and I am also sure its the servers too. Cause its totally aint my computer. The support people are freaking useless as well and are not helpful.

1 Like

I noticed that my launcher was eating a full third (30 Mb/s) of my network just sitting idle. Turns out, it is downloading it’s own update.

Meanwhile, if I give MW priority, I get ~100-300 KB/s, while still using the same ~30Mb/s. What else is the launcher doing that is eating all that data?

Disabled TotalAV Web Shield and instantly went to ~3MB/s.

Thanks, R18.

First time i have used blizzard(and will be the last), I am trying to download COD MW, been downloading 24hrs now and still not got above 1mbs, i currently have 82MB still to download. i am just grateful this is a free download after buying a NVIDIA graphics card , otherwise i would be really pissed.
think the lesson i am seeing here after the dozens of posts above, is stick to steam.

2 Likes

Hey everyone!

I wanted to follow up with our results on what has been resolving these issues.

The most common program that has been causing the slow downloads has been Total AV. More than 1/2 the cases we have ran across this has been the culprit. This software is a "System Optimizer" that is known to cause permissions and connection problems with our games.

The other software that has been causing this is QoS software that is configured incorrectly. This is a rare situation as players would need to go out of their way to modify the software settings themselves to cause the problem.

Lastly, we have seen Malware causing the issue. RelevantKnowledge and PremierOpinion being the 2 biggest culprits. Removing this Malware from your system should resolve the issue.

If anyone else has any other resolution results, feel free to share them. Thanks!

4 Likes

If you set your network to private instead of public it should fix it. I had this issue all day and I did that and am back to 60mb/s. Hope this helps!

3 Likes