Modern Warfare slow download?

I have a fiber optic connection with a minimum 10mbps upload speeds. This download has been ongoing for 4hrs at 4.5mbps.

There is no reason for this b/s and will absolutely be the last game I buy from this company for d/l .

After reading this comment I searched my PC for PremierOpinion, and lo and behold it was there. Uninstalled it and went from 10 KB/s to 15 MB/s !!! thank you so much.

1 Like

Well Iā€™ve been downloading for 24 hours now and still have 93G to go. Bypassed my router so I have a direct connection thatā€™s running at about 10meg but Iā€™m only getting 700k download. No Total AV, PremierOpinion or RelevantKnowledge on my computer. If you donā€™t have a fix please let me know how to get a refund.

3 Likes

Yeaah it worked for me aswell, now im getting around 45MB/s
Before deactivation i had only 1,8mb/s maxā€¦

Ive swept my computer for malware - no PremierOpinion or RelevantKnowledge. Iā€™ve disabled Total AV, and Iā€™ve made sure my firewall isnā€™t a problem - even with a VPN my minimum 10mb/s download speed start off at maximum 2mb/s, before it decreases to about 500kb/s (if that) after 5 minutes. Not entirely sure what else there is left to do at my end.

Was having the same problem for about 3 days now, but I found PremierOpinion and deleted it, and my download speed went to what it originally was (~5-9 mb/s). However, the fact that it made such an obstruction with the download is completely ridiculous. Blizzard, get your act together before you release content for download. Very aggravating to have to deal with.

I only want to say people spend so much money to buy the game and get bad download speed.

Blizzard have problem and is obvious.

Please fix your server as i canā€™t play the game.

Downloading 5 days after which i canā€™t go through counting to online servers.

Getting disconnected canā€™t repair the game as there is no issue with it.

Download speed is ridiculous as if i have to use VPN to download and pay Ā£20 for it why would i buy i game i canā€™t play anyway.

Bad server and bad reception i get 27mbps on steam and on blizzard canā€™t hit 1mbps.

Iā€™m downloading from London and i guess some people too Iā€™m on fiber optic my speed at home is 250mbps Iā€™m hooked up with a cable to the router and getting 20-600kbps on m.2 ssd.

My provider is Virgin Media London.

1 Like

Honestly this shouldnt even be a topic. all other blizzard games are downloading fine. I have star craft, wow, diablo3 and a few others. this should not take this long. itā€™s on server side. Blizzard needs to do something. you cannot blame everyone else for the same issue itā€™s obviously Blizzard. Modemā€¦scoffā€¦smf.

Took your advice and tried this. Completely screwed me over. I was at 42% downloaded, and uninstalled it and tried again, itā€™s doing the exact same thing if not, going slower than before.

Over the course of a 3 day period, might I add.

After seeing this searched for PremierOpinion and went from 33.6 KB/s to 50+ Mb/s. Thanks!!

Hi guys, is there a solution yet? Iā€™m still stuck in limbo, where my download is 200 kb/s

I donā€™t have my firewall turned on and I donā€™t seem to have the above mentioned spyware installed.

My brother downloaded MW a few days ago, on the same network with a different laptop, without any problems

1 Like

Iā€™m downloading at 2mb/s. This is pitiful. 175GB game is gonna take me days to download. Why the fk did all these companies get rid of physical CDs/DVDs? I couldā€™ve been done in five minutes.

Hey Blizzard, I bought COD MW today and itā€™s a real pitty, that my download speed stucks at about 1.6 MB/s. Here are my answers for your questions:

• When downloading Heroes of the Storm or Hearthstone, is the download speed faster? If so how fast? => Itā€™s the same
  • Router Brand => Fritz!Box (AVM)
  • Router Model => FRITZ! Box 7362 SL
  • If you have QoS or SIP ALG settings on your router, what is it set to? Does changing these setting affect the download speed? => NO
  • If you bypass your router completely does it resolve the problem? Not possible
  • If a VPN does help, which VPN are you using? => VPN doesnt help

If you have any questions let me know. Iā€™ve nearly tried anything that is written in any of the posts made concerning this problem.

1/3/2020

This problem STILL EXIST. dude seriously what the hell is wrong with you guys over at Blizzard, with all your money you cant fix this problem.

Im capping off at 4mbs ridiculous.

i have tried all the ā€œfixesā€ and searched for any malware

nothing works. Im always stuck at 4mbs.

top that off you guys cannot even compress any files, freaking CODMW a whopping 150gb are you kidding meā€¦

3 Likes

PremierOpinion was on my comp and after deleting the download speed immediately went back to normal. Went from 250-500kb To 38 MB/s. Thanks for taking a look into this Ibaraius and rest of team.

This is actually the fix fellas

wtf blizzardā€¦ my pc is absolutely clean and i have a download Speed of 1mbps. with 50000 DSL Connection!! i work as a Network administratorā€¦ now with a vpn Client i got max 5 mbps but that is not fast! i will no more buy a game from blizzard! i am downloading since 40 hours!

3 Likes

Blizzard,

The day is 1/22/2020 and this problem still persists.
I have attempted many of the aforementioned fixes and none have been successful. There has to be a reason this has been happening since launchā€¦
Please provide a true fix.

4 Likes

What the HELL is going on? I pay so much money for fast internet, I am on a completely brand new PC build so no looking for Malware isnā€™t a freaking solution to a problemā€¦ thatā€™s crazyā€¦ YOUR APP ISNT LETTING ME DOWNLOAD is the problem! What the hell is the fix?! I just recently switched from Xbox over to PC, I am so happy I caught this first because I will absolutely never buy a game from Blizzard ever again, I cannot wait to get this piece of crap App off my PC.

6 Likes