Modern Warfare slow download?

• When downloading Overwatch, is the download speed faster? Yes If so how fast? 12MB/s
  • Router Brand Netgear
  • Router Model D8500
  • If you have QoS or SIP ALG settings on your router, what is it set to? Does changing these setting affect the download speed? i dont use it.
  • If you bypass your router completely does it resolve the problem? i cannot bypass
  • If a VPN does help, which VPN are you using? no im not using VPN, Modern Warfare is the only game of yours that does this, extremely frustrating to have to leave my pc on for days to download

I fixed the Problem. I just deaktivated my webprotect in my Avira Programm and now it is at a normal speed… ggs
I hope it helps for some people with the same problem

4 Likes

i was gonna come on here to complain about mine but i guess it irrelevant but im getting 45 MBs :joy::joy::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

To help everyone here a little.
If you are getting less than 2Mb/s on your download speed then you most likely have a broadband speed of 16Mbits/s. In Australia you might average 40Mbits/s which would only give you a download rate of 5Mb/s maximum.
In America you might be getting 120Mbits/s or more.
So for some people getting 2Mb/s might be normal.
See the chart below.

1 MB/s to Mbit/s = 8 Mbit/s

5 MB/s to Mbit/s = 40 Mbit/s

10 MB/s to Mbit/s = 80 Mbit/s

15 MB/s to Mbit/s = 120 Mbit/s

20 MB/s to Mbit/s = 160 Mbit/s

25 MB/s to Mbit/s = 200 Mbit/s

30 MB/s to Mbit/s = 240 Mbit/s

40 MB/s to Mbit/s = 320 Mbit/s

50 MB/s to Mbit/s = 400 Mbit/s

To add my situation to this thread:

I have a 250mbit fiber connection and literally everything works great on my network EXCEPT downloading any game on Blizzard’s app.

My MW download will drop to mere kilobytes, and my network slows to a crawl for every single device connected, both LAN and WLAN.

Can anyone else try and see if they have the same issue?
My download will start off at 20MB/s, and then watching my network speed via task manager, it will drop to effectively 0 Mb/s and my entire network stops working.

Steam downloads games great. This damn blizzard app is seriously messing with my network somehow.

Edit: Also I just wiped and fresh installed Windows 10 on my machine, and the first thing I tried to do is install MW. Identical results.

I’m from south East Asia which country do i have to vpn to ?

Same boat. Rediculoisly slow speed! I have to VPN to get at least 4 meg down a sec. AU

Fix this trash blizzard! Please.

1 Like

I found a solution on destiny 2 forum. there is a temp battlenet file u can delete and it uncaps the speed. went from 700kb/s to 4mb/s
I am trying to find it again now as im unsure of the file. write it down as you will have to do it again in future

Eh? Sounds redic, however I’m willing to try anything at this point :confused:

100% worked for me whilst downloading the game. still trying to find the original thread

using a vpn you will get faster speeds if you have one

If I use either my land line or phone hostspot I get ~1MB/s but as soon as I use a VPN (even an endpoint in my country) I get ~4MB/s. How is it this broken?

(EU) 20-25MB/s normally | 19-20MB/s Heroes of the Storm | 1-2MB/s Modern Warfare
Router: Fritzbox 6490
QoS/SIP ALG: not changed
If I use Windscribe I get 11-12MB/s for Modern Warfare

1 Like

I’ve had gigablast internet for 2 years now and have played WOW, multiple call of duties, tried all the steps to increase download speeds, and NOTHING works. I’ve come to the fact that the blizzard client just SUCKS.

After I played some Overwatch and got back to the launcher, when MW started downloading again, the speeds were 16-19MB/s
Im confused but its fine for me now.

Thankyou, since deleting it too it’s been downloading fine, hope there’s no other complications. Downloading at 8.18 mb so far

Uninstall PremierOpinion if you have it. My download kept freezing and being slow on battle net until i uninstalled this

3 Likes

Hey guys, that worked for me (3mo/s to 10+mo/s)
Blizzard is actually giving that issue btw.
Here we go:

1. Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
  2. Type “services.msc” into the Run window.
  3. Click “OK” .
  4. In the “Name” column, locate and right-click “Secondary Logon” (Ouverture de session secondaire" for french guys.
  5. Select “Properties” .
  6. Under the “Startup Type” dropdown menu, select “Automatic”.
  7. Click “OK”.

Then restart the launcher by closing all battle.net program in the task manager.
I think that can fix the download rate issue.

This worked for me

6 Likes

i have this problem to
no vpn 6-7 mb
with vpn 13-15 mb
blizzard help pls)

0kbps lows and 600 kbps highs without a vpn and 5.8mbps with the vpn I have a 230Mbps download speed and 30 Upload I have tried almost everything i could on my end over here, even my xbox one x will download games at 90+ mbps. If i recall i was getting 12mbps the day of the launch a few updates later and oh look my game is gonna take a month to download.