Modern Warfare slow download?

It took a whole day to download and now each time I try to play it, it takes forever to download the shaders. I’m also concerned with what my speed will be when i play multiplayer. I’ve got fibre optics to the house, and it connects to a Bell Home Hub 3000. My typical download/upload speed is 1.13 Gbps/555.07 Mbps. I have no issues with any other gaming services, just this one. The support person suggest trying to set up port forwarding. I’m not sure how to really do that as it would I would need to define internal port, external port, etc. Shouldn’t have to do this. Seems to be more of a ‘their problem’ than a ‘my problem’.

I have my modem/router listed above. It does have SIP ALG set to on. I did the download of Heroes of the Storm and get around 82 Mbs.

ports list have to open them on some networks or your internet router will slow it down

use the link open ports on your router helped loads with my sky network :slight_smile:

This game just won’t download. It refuses. I’ve had times where it jumps to 20 mb/s. I’m 6 GB in and stuck at 112 GB left right now. I either consistently hover around 0mb/s or 98kb/s. I’ve seen the forums and subreddits littered with complaints so I know I’m not the only one going through this. Everyone is suffering. The support team doesn’t say anything useful. “Delete this cache, run as admin, restart your computer, ect.” Like seriously? Consistently the support team just tells the customers it’s their fault. To turn off virus protection to download a game. ???lmao turn off virus protection. What a joke. These people have no idea what they’re talking about. Blizzard launcher makes Steam look like a god. It makes Epic’s launcher look capable too! I don’t know what else to do anymore except just complain. Does anyone else know where to download the game and loop around blizzard’s awful app? I already bought the game. If I can download it somewhere else to circumvent this incompetency than I absolutely will.

5 Likes

Evidently I found a fix, ladies and gentlemen. Use Windscribe, a VPN, set it to Canada, and bam. Lightning fast.

3 Likes

Which part of Canada?

im pretty sure the vpn is just letting you get around opening ports on your network its not to hard just find out what router your using and find its ip address to assess the config web site screen then go to security and put the port numbers in as open allow incoming and out going connections . i think they use a peer to peer network to save on server costs or some thing thats why you have to open them if your network providers router blocks them.

1 Like

I started the pre-load of this game 7 days ago - and still 50%

Damn with 100Mbps connection I’m only getting 1.2MBps speed…what the ffff…they got the money and now they don’t care!

Meanwhile:
Day 474
Only at 30% with my amazing 300kb/s speed…

Never respected Steam so much for working as I do now

4 Likes

400 kb/s not on VPN (I have 100mbps down connection), 1mb/s down ON VPN (it’s not a good vpn). Blizzard, why is this sh1t so broken? Origin/Steam/M$ store all max out my connection.

Also while we’re at it, why have there been like 2, 10 Gb patches for MW already?

I’m in Australia.

1 Like

Game forced updated I’m only playing SP so I didn’t care tried to stop it got the error 6036 code tried the scan game repair deleted my game oh noes. Update was 7 gig dl at 350mbs now a full reinstall at those speeds is weeks …

So right clicking the blizard launcher run as admin speed went from 350kbs to 7.8mb/s much better… So try that let me know if any one else gets better speed running launcher in ADMIN.

I changed from wifi to ethernet cable and got from 8-9 MB/s to 35-40 MB/s. Kinda strange since there is no difference running Ookla Speedtest

1 Like

Deleting premier opinion also worked for me went from 50kb to regular DL apeed

4 Likes

Yeah something shady is definitely going on. Tried everything including a VPN, NordVPN, and got the same download rate of 1.5-1.8mb/s. Now for some reason, Steam, GOG and Origin provide me with 50+mb/s easily every time. Absolutely a joke on Blizzard’s part.

4 Likes

Absolutely ridiculous… task manager says that the network resource use is at 35mbps but blizzard’s launcher is taking 2MB/s and it was 130 kbps before i paused and restarted the download. (To think that its 2019 and we’re seeing dial-up download speeds is absolute thrash)

From my 1st download (which was also excruciatingly slow), i had paused and restarted several times. After which I was promptly hit with a

Fatal Error
Disc Read error [5.0]: marines.ff

Which I’ve come to learn, that it is due to a corrupt file borne from pausing downloads. And the only way is to re-download. So now, I’m running a risk of getting the same error.

My internet is working fine. Downloads on any other platforms (steam/origin/UPlay etc.) has yielded speeds of 20 MB/s or more.
My HDD is fine too. I’ve set all the download preferences to 0 in the blizzard installer.

Essentially we’ve paid US$59.99 just to be faced with a broken installer.

3 Likes

Another day, another slow 8GB download. Paid money to suck my download quota.
Any change a patch can be less then 8 GB?

Same issue here in Germany with Deutsche Telekom. I just get 200kb/s where I have 100mbit connection. speed limit is set to 0 so unlimited. retsarting the launcher and setting the limit to some arbitrary value like 11111111 suddenly changed from 200kb/s to 11mb/s. there is totally some bug in the damn launcher. Then it also shows downloading still and the number going down but it drops to 0b/s, Fix this damn buggy client!

4 Likes

thx so much!!! went from 0 to 50MB/s :smiley:

Guys it’s not the problem of battlenet but an adware which is affecting your ip address speed. By changing the ip address through the VPN, Installed adware is not able to get iP address data and boom that’s why your speed are getting increased while using VPN.

Solution: please install an anti virus with the name of quick heal. Get a free trial and do a full pc scan. After scanning remove all the threads anti-virus app found. Later select pc tuner option as well and run that too. It fixed my pc and now I’m getting full download speed without any issue. Hope this help😊
Download quick heal total security.

I had this issue until I uninstalled my antivirus… Kind of odd