Missing Encounter Images

Much like the dungeon tiles, there are encounter images that return “403 Forbidden” errors. However, I think I figured out what’s happening on these.

(Again, I am not permitted to include links, so I am not including the domains in the paths below.)

A good example is Teron Gorefiend in the Black Temple raid.

If you look at /data/wow/journal-encounter/1585, you get a creature display reference like so:

/data/wow/media/creature-display/21262

If you look at that data from that reference, you see (among other things) a value for the zoom asset of: /npcs/zoom/creature-display-21262.jpg

That gives you the “403 Forbidden” error. However, if you substitute the encounter id in place of the creature display id, you see the image you expect:

/npcs/zoom/creature-display-1585.jpg

(followup)
I spoke a bit too soon, the other missing raid encounter images, Madness of Deathwing (encounter id 333) and Uu’nat, Harbinger of the Void (encounter id 2332) did not have that simple correction (still unsolved as of the moment).

Hi Mirenna.

Just a heads up, you can wrap your links with backticks if you want to leave the whole url. http://my-awesome-link.com.

This has something to do with how Discourse handles trust levels for new users.

You can find more information about it here.

I searched online to learn what was going on with links, but thank you!

I … disagree with the policy. I think users who have taken the time to register, get API access, etc., should be trusted enough to link… especially links within the family of Blizzard domains. :wink: