May 2020 - Diablo II Server Issues/CD Key in Use/Failure to Connect

how are we suppose to fix this issue again? just got this game the other week from when it first came out and now this… was just getting back into it, need help!!!

blizzard takes too long to respond to issues with diablo 2. :frowning: It’s been hours.

I have the same problem since 1 pm

you cant.
its a server issue on their side. on my post i have a bunch of people who stated times, and they all happen to be at the exact same time. all playing legit.
we just have to wait till they stumble in here and fix it.
as dude said, the best thing to do is submit a ticket.
go back to the main tech support forum list. click the second stickie “welcome to the classic games tech support forum” scroll down about half way and click the “with a ticket submission” hyperlink and fill out a ticket

@Caterpepi @Drakuloth where you is my duuuudeees

The issue causing the in use error should be resolved now. For everyone that is still stuck claiming it is “in use,” it should typically clear on its own after a few hours.

If it persists after 24 hours, please contact our customer support team so that we can assist with these issues individually to ensure we can have you back in game as quickly as possible! We cannot address these issues individually on the forums. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

1 Like

With so many people experiencing the same issue, surely you guys can address this server wide? I’ve restarted my computer, my connection, re-installed my game, nothing.

24 hrs to wait is outlandish, please provide a proper solution.

edit: this has been affecting me for more than 5 hrs now.

So “in use” issue now resolved completely and those who still experiencing the issue should wait for 24 hours?

The issue is not fixed. What about EU servers being down, Your website being down, and the continual connection interrupted and cd key stuck in use issues? It takes 40 seconds for the server to connect lol. Please relay to your technicians that the problems still exist.

If guaranteed having fixed the issue, I am willing to buy new CD keys to enjoy my remaining holiday. If not, not worth it. Can you please confirm that the issue has been resolved completely?

@ReUnion nope, we cannot confirm.
their fix hasnt worked for us.
im with you, i wanna buy another set but no reason to at this point.

It isn’t. I can still see the lag at the log in screen. People are still complaining on other d2 forums.

@femmefatal are you at least able to log in? even if its laggy? nothing has changed for me unfortunately

Not on my cd key. I am using my boyfriends cd key at the moment. I’m sure it will get locked out eventually too if they don’t fix the servers. Apparently the game masters cannot even communicate with the classic support team. So the classic support team probably has no idea of this issue. It’s really a shame they cannot communicate , this problem has been in effect for 3 days now. No word from the classic support team. Three days.

I’ve contacted support, but this is a very annoying issue… I took the portal after Baal and got kicked out of BNET instead of returning to the chat room, now I’m locked out.

My 5 friends party is currently having a blast and I probably won’t be able to play with them until who knows when :frowning:

that is really weird.
and i was under the impression that the admins here were the classic support team, as there is no support but here anymore. but thats what they told me too. i just dont know why, as you said they wont just reset the server… instead of making us wait days and days, why not just let their flag lists fill back up in A day. seems a bit antagonizing, as its obviously a server issue. but they are trying to address it semi individually.

yup I had the same problem but it was just when I left a game now haven’t been able too play since this morning

Having same issue:( Just want to play D2!

1 Like

I am having the same exact issue described here! I had been logged on for a couple hours, lost connection out of the blue and couldn’t log back in. It’s been like this for a couple hours now. Thank you in advance!

and yeahhhhh its been 3 hours since the admins said wait a few hours, and nothing has changed
i guess ill just check in the morning. pretty sad stuff