May 2020 - Diablo II Server Issues/CD Key in Use/Failure to Connect

I’m curious as to how this would randomly happen all of a sudden? I don’t remember this ever happening before. Was blizzard doing something to the game or servers that messed it up accidentally?

yeah it’s called not dusting

It’s back up working.

D2 East is back up and running!

so…no official announcement yet?

Logged on, did a full Baal run.

its still not letting me on anyone else?

yes me. though it says cd key in use by me.

for me right now its just saying cannot connect to battle.net try again in a few minutes and its happening on all 4 servers

This means you are dealing with a restriction.

game froze, then i got kicked out of server

now it says my cd key is in use

thank god i picked up all my stuff

So this happened to me before on the 2nd, key was unlocked on the 6th.

Now two days later I get dumped from the server, and key locked again.

Bought my key on the 1st, and I’ve played 3ish days. Almost every game I see is a bot. I can’t really say that this was giving me the warm fuzzy 2000 feeling I expected to get. I know D2 is 20 years old, but if you’re going to support a game, support it. Otherwise Bliz needs to give it up to somebody that cares.

mm are you sure? if so how do i deal with this?

This just happened to me about 15 minutes ago, CDKey still in use by myself … F

Why it the game still down It said my CD key it use by me it their a way to fix the problem

I got this message today. I decided to just go play WoW and watch Netflix hoping it would clear up. I came back several hours later and my key is still saying it is in use by myself.

I was first getting the firewall message 6112 port, then my cd key was in use by me and now it’s just in use… I got to play for like a day after I installed the game again after many years

I’m ok to play right now, but I’m still wondering how to contact support when it won’t let me submit support tickets. I get an error message for that - even when all documentation is included.
The message is below:

You can’t submit this ticket.

An error has occurred. This may be a temporary error, so please try again later.

Trying again later never works. The only thing I’m missing from the form is a phone number, as it doesn’t recognize non-US numbers. Am I SoL as a non-American resident?

I am having the same issue

Yea is there any update on this? Recently bought D2 to play again, like others, after many years. Have been playing for just a few days and US East has been littered with disconnects. And then yesterday 5/7 was the “CD key in use”, followed by a 4 hour realm down, followed by about 30 minutes of playing before the game froze and back to CD Key in use. Logged off for the night and tried to login again this morning, same error over and over. This is kinda unreal for a 20 year old game :confused: