Major bug - if you're silenced in World of Warcraft, you can't almost do anything in other games and Battle.net client

Greetings,

I found a major bug. If you’re silenced in World of Warcraft, you can’t do these things:

1. You can’t send/reply (to) a message/whisper to a friend in the Battle.net client (error 44);
  2. You can’t send a friend request in the Battle.net client or Hearthstone;
  3. You can’t challenge a friend in Hearthstone (he is not receiving/seeing the challenge);
  4. You can’t play Diablo 3 at all - you can’t join a friend or a public party and you can’t play solo, not even the campaign (error 315000)!

I’ve contacted the Customer Support and they said that these bugs are caused by a internal Battle.net error. This is why I’m posting this here. I’ve also posted on other official forums and still no answer or fix. Please fix ASAP!

Thank you.

The social restrictions are intentional. Those are not bugs. If you get silenced in any Blizzard game there are social penalties in all Blizzard games.

Not being able to play D3 at all when Silenced is a bug that has existed since October 2019. So no, you did not “find” a new bug.

You have been given all the information available about this already. Once the Silence is over you can play D3 again. Blizzard is not in any a particular hurry to fix it because it impacts a tiny minority of players - those who have very long Silences. Silences that were backed by game logs and imposed by GMs.

If you want I can post Meteorblade’s explanation again… It is quite accurate.

The ‘intended’ bug was fixed. Thank you, devs!

Greetings,

If you’re silenced in World of Warcraft, you can’t do these things:

1. You can’t send a message to a friend and you can’t even reply to a friend private whisper in the Battle.net client (error 44);
  2. You can’t send a friend request in the Battle.net client or Hearthstone;
  3. You can’t challenge a friend in Hearthstone (he is not receiving/seeing the challenge);
  4. You can’t play Diablo 3 at all - you can’t invite a friend, you can’t join a friend or a public party and you can’t send a message in the party chat and you can’t reply to a friend private whisper (error 44);
  5. You can’t invite a friend in Warcraft III: Reforged and also you can’t whisper a friend;
  6. You can’t send a message or reply to a friend private whisper in World of Warcraft;

I understand that you can’t talk or interact with non-friends, but also with friends, even Real IDs? Restricting some features from other Blizzard games just because of a silence on World of Warcraft is too harsh.

I’ve contacted the Customer Support and they said that these bugs are caused by a internal Battle.net error.

Thank you.

Why make a second thread on this - esp when you seemed to imply whatever you were worried about was fixed.

Most of the social restrictions are intentional. D3 not being able to start a game is a bug, but not one they seem intent on fixing. You were told that in March on the D3 forums and here in April on these forums.

Your last thread on it to jog your memory. It has links to your D3 thread too.

1 Like

Take it easy, why are you so agitated? I have all the rights to open another thread when I have something new to report and since I don’t break any rule. It seems that you don’t want these bugs to be fixed. More reports, more chances to be fixed.

That D3 bug persisted from 2019, and it didn’t seem like you seemed so frustrated about it, you felt ok that it still persists, so I’ve reported it and it was finally fixed.

Let the players/customers share their opinions.

1 Like

Last I knew the Diablo 3 bug is not fixed. Silenced players can not create games. Unless that has recently changed.

It was reported - including by me directly back in 2019- and I followed up on it for months after the initial issues. They did not have any information on when, or even IF it would ever be fixed.

Your assumption it was not reported, or that your post somehow had anything to do it, is …interesting.

1 Like

Did you fix the problem that got you silenced in the first place? If yes, then you can try admitting to whatever mistake you made. If not then well… at least you weren’t banned lol.

My meaning if you can work on the initial issue then probably all those other things won’t even matter.

Apparently they are still having an issue.

Why else would they post again after 3 months. Not only should it have been fixed already, but it is also a great sign Blizz just doesn’t care about the issue. MissCheetah, you said it yourself. It is at least 2-3yrs old and still prevalent.

If they are silenced in WoW, that should have zero impact on other games. That’s just lazy dev design and errors.

Then again, I gave up WoW back in 2019 after 14yrs of playing. The game has been redesigned into the dirt. The community in WoW is not conducive to good fun or mental health.

I’m not sure why people are still okay with paying monthly fees to play a game that they paid to own. It’s a terrible business practice. If you pay $60 to $80 USD for a game, you shouldn’t have to pay to also have access to it. It’s tantamount to a scam and I finally realized it and got the hell away.

And finally. At this point in this companies games’ life cycles, I don’t see support for these games being any good from now on. They’ve made billions and keep making more despite questionable business practices. There’s no motivation for them to try now.

A decade ago this would have been fixed within days. Not only have I been around WoW since 2005, but I’ve been playing Blizz games for the better part of ~25yrs with the releases of SC and Diablo. This is truly the worst time to be a customer and/or need service. Shadowlands has been a bust. HotS is dead. SC is dead. D3 is on fumes. Overwatch is not that good. WoW Classic is a cheap way to force more subs.

P.S. Activision is the main reason for all of it.

1 Like