[Main Thread] Scanning and Repairing Repeatedly After Bnet Update

Thank you so much… I have been going through all the fixes I came across with no success. Was just about to stop trying and wait forever for Blizzard to get their act together. You are a HERO! Again, THANK YOU!

1 Like

Hey again everyone,

It looks like there’s either something else going on here, or the fix we pushed didn’t quite do what we wanted it to. Two things. First up, another forum poster (Vengeance - thanks for your help!) has identified a work around that appears to help a lot of people with this error. Try out the information in this post to see if it helps.

Regardless of whether or not it works, we’re going to need new logs after the fix we pushed a couple days ago. Can those of you who were still having this issue as of today follow these steps and send us more logs?

2 Likes

Same exact thing, but with Modern Warfare. Please update if you find a fix! Thank you!!!

1 Like

Just posted your solution in the European (German) forum and it also seems to work here. Thank you very much.

2 Likes

You’re a legend mate! Deleting the <20MB data files too after deleting idx files fixed this issue. Can’t thank you enough!!

2 Likes

i tried uninstalling and deleting the files but it wont seem to update the launcher. the scan keeps repeating itself. BLZBNTAGT00000BB8.

1 Like

aaaaand the problem just came back
So this is an ongoing issue.

1 Like

Been having a problem with the launcher recently, it keeps looping scan/repair. Tried reinstalling, changing region, firewall, turning off real time protection and nothing works.

2 Likes

Yeah having this problem too and tried everything that other forums said its “a fix”… But it didnt work on me… Kept on scanning and repairing loop…

1 Like

Stuck at this point too. I’ve spent the entire morning trying to get the game to even repair. I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled Bnet app 3x. I’ve removed my WTF and deleted the cache folder. I’m in a continuous loop of “Oops, something went wrong” and can’t even get to updating the game at all. I’ve gone from the Beta version of Bnet back to the normal version and still stuck in the loop.

[edit 01] the Bnet app won’t update ANY of the Warcraft games from Classic to Ptr to Beta to Retail. They all get stuck in the repair/scan loop

[edit 02] Six hours later and still nothing? Reinstall of Bnet #6 has done nothing.

[edit 03] after perusing other people having the same problem but different games I took a closer look at the data folder of WoW and there it was, a 1kb data file that I moved to my desktop. Instantly, my games started to update with no issue.

5 Likes

THANK YOU SO MUCH THIS was the fix i was looking for

This has worked like a charm for me, for both retail and classic wow updates. Thanks a lot!!! i was about to consider a full reinstall.

1 Like

This fix worked for me. Deleted all the ones with 1kb (there were a lot!) and then restarted the bnet app. Scanned and repaired successfully.

1 Like

OMG this worked for me too! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

so i put that 1k file that says casc repair mrk to my desktop but when i open my battle.net again both retail and classic saying they need to update and when i press update scan and repair starts again

1 Like

I tried a lot of solutions but the only one that worked so far was one on youtube

also the ratio between likes and dislikes on the video is really good

1 Like

That worked for me !! Thank you so much, i have tried everything else and your solution was the only one that saved me. Thanks again

1 Like

Agree with everyone else, finding that 1k file was a godsend. Just spent the last three hours trying the ‘official’ FAQ’s that didn’t work. Thank you so much

1 Like

When I scan and repair Overwatch 2, a bug that repeats the process of scanning and repairing is still ongoing. What should I do?

@ Atsang4279:

This topic is 3-years old… whatever the issue was way back then… it’s probably a different problem now.

You should probably start a new topic… in the Overwatch forums I would think. The forums here are for issues with the Battle.Net App.