[Main Thread] Scanning and Repairing Repeatedly After Bnet Update

Okay so this has been going on for everyone in the blizzard launcher. Diablo III just continues to loop “update button” pres, oops problem scanning files, “update button” oops problem scanning files …iterate The PTR currently works but it has not gone through an update in a day or two. Can you please post a bypass to start diablo without the battle net app??? Seems like this bug would have come up the first time your QA tech ran an update and then tried to play the game… stop using us players as your alpha test team… at least make sure it runs once for you

1 Like

@DamagedGoods pointed out PTR works. I tried it and it does. Actually I can get in, but no one is there anyway so no games at all for me.

The PTR doesn’t work for me unfortunately :frowning:

2 Likes

that “fix” was to keep us busy to buy more time to keep us from complaining as much. i tried their fix… uninstalled launcher and reinstalled to no help.

1 Like

I was lucky enough to get mine fixed (COD/Warzone). I went into the data folder AGAIN, deleted all the .idx files AGAIN. But this time I disabled my Norton Firewall, and auto-protect for 15 minutes and launched the app again. It automatically went into checking files, recreated all the .idx files, and this time… updated the game that was needed and got right in. So if anyone is still having the issues. Delete all your .dx files with the battle.net app closed. Disable your security stuff and launch it and see if it works for you as well. :slight_smile:

I found this reply in a different thread from a few months ago. I just now deleted all the .idx files as well as 5 data.### files that were obviously much smaller than everything else. Re-started the launcher, let it run thru the scan and fix and then loaded right into MW. Seems to have finally corrected this all day issue. Happy to solve Bliz’s problem for them really. Maybe they will take our troubleshooting and finally fix this so that it stops happening in the future. Wishful thinking Im sure. Anyway…

"Krossus
1 post

I tried most of the fixes in here besides a full re-install and couldn’t get anything to work when I encountered this issue tonight. After getting ready to delete my COD folder and start the download I decided to throw a hail mary. In the /Data/data folder there were 4 files named: data.261; data.262; data.263; data.264; with file sizes of 1 KB each. These looked suspicious to me as the small size looked like they may be partial downloads or logs of some sort. I deleted them and reloaded battlenet. Cod did a quick update check, downloaded ~180mb of data, and the problem with the scan and repair loop has resolved."

26 Likes

I had like 12 data.xxx files, all 1kb in size. Deleted as mentioned above. Launched battlenet and it did a brief (real, actual) update, and loaded no problem. Played Warzone like I usually would. Bless all of you who know more about computers than just how to turn them on. People like me need and appreciate you!

4 Likes

I used @Vengence’s solution. I found a data.021 file with 1kb size. I deleted it and also all the idx files. Rescan the application and Overwatch downloaded the required files. I now can load into overwatch without issues.

Hope this helps everyone else having the same isuse. Thanks to Vengence for his proposed fix!

4 Likes

this issue is so annoying, i just wanna play overwatch man. it keeps doing a loop from update and repair and it goes back to update and then repair. this needs to be fix, I’ve put in a ticket for customer service already twice.

See Vengence’s post. Looks for any data.xxx that is 1kb in size. Delete it along with the other idx file. Rescan and it should fix the problem. It did for me

2 Likes

Same here 2 days in a row. what the hell?

Check Vengence’s fix a few posts above. Should fix. At least did for a few of us. Good luck

1 Like

Can confirm, Vengence’s fix above worked!!!

1 Like

same. thx vengence…

1 Like

What a legend. Thank you.

2 Likes

Yup! Thanks Vengeance. It worked for me. Glad to see theres someone out there competent that’s doing blizzard’s job for them.

1 Like

This fixed my problem, it was the 1KB file that was broken

1 Like

Best reply here so far. Happy to have helped really!

2 Likes

I fixed my problem with this issue.
When you open Blizzard Battle.net, make sure your Version (above the blue PLAY button) is pointing to the same version as the shortcut. My PTR shortcut opened the normal Diablo Realm instead of the PTR Realm. I changed it and now no problems.

1 Like

Thanks Vengance, I had three 1KB files and an 18KB file all installed back on the same day in April. Got right in after another Update and repair scan.

3 Likes