[Main Thread] Scanning and Repairing Repeatedly After Bnet Update

Thank you Vengence. sounds like you deserve a payout from Blizz.

2 Likes

could you be more specific with how you did this? because I dontā€™ understand still, if i open blizzard launcher i am stuck in a scan and repair loop, if I open world of warcraft launcher, it still takes me to the blizzard launcher and iā€™m in the scan and repair loop

1 Like

I had this same issue for two days now. Yesterday when it started I just gave up and watched TV thinking that they would fix the problem by today. I log in today, and NO, it issue isnā€™t fixed. I followed all the blizzard suggestions to fix the problem, even reinstalled the battle.net app, and the problem persisted. I think its really sad that Blizzard couldnā€™t even come up with the solution to their own problem, yet another player did. Thank you, Vengence! You, at the very least, deserve some free game time as compensation for the outage, and then helping all of us to get back in the game with your solution.

The saddest part of all this, is that blizzard doesnā€™t even care. So many people having interrupted service on a subscription based game, and they NEVER offer any kind of consolation compensation in the form of free game time or meaningful in-game compensation (Iā€™m looking at you stupid cake I donā€™t want to have and I donā€™t care about eating).

Like, would it really break the bank for you to give us 2-3 days of free game time? Maybe for the amount of people who had this problem it would be a big money loss. What about a free Longboi? THAT would cost blizzard absolutely nothing. The only in game compensation they offer is some cake. Like, really?

What about a special pet? lt could even be like the elek plushie with no real abilities. They could even make a joke out of it with all the abilities related to the common errors people encounter that cause disruptions to their wow account or other games. At least it would be a meaningful gesture that would let a subscription based gameā€™s fanbase know that blizzard isnā€™t a completely greedy heartless developer whose soul was completely sucked away by Activision.

1 Like

Why didnt i read this before deleting and re-installing overwatch :frowning:
No thanks to Blizzardā€¦

1 Like

Same problem but the thing is that I cannot run the game after the repair anywayā€¦

1 Like

I have run the linked fix multiple times and reinstalled the battle.net application. I am still having the same issue. It only seems to be affecting Overwatch, I can still log into wow (probably because ow has an update and wow doesnā€™t).

Edit: Vengeanceā€™s post about deleting the 1kb data file along with the .idx files did the trick for me.

2 Likes

mine is doing the same thing . Have been trying to get on since 3 o clock yesterday

2 Likes

Any updates on a patch? Iā€™ve literally tried everything Iā€™ve seen suggested and nothing is working. Its the weekend and people cant even play the games they want because blizzard wont fix their problems

1 Like

data/data delete the 1k files. actually not sure why any of those files are kept around. some from 2017 so they are not usedā€¦ how about a little cleanup blizzard. Went through scan and then updatedā€¦ the 1k files are the problem

3 Likes

Thanks dude. Solved my problem.

2 Likes

See Vengenceā€™s post. Close Blizz, go into the /Data/data folder, delete any data.xxx files sizes of 1 KB each along with all the .idx files, then restart. Worked for me and several others. If that doesnā€™t work you may need to turn off your antivirus and repeat the above steps.

Thanks for finding this, Vengence!

2 Likes

The recommended fixes did not work for me. The only way I got it to work was by unistalling and then reinstalling. All told - a lot of time wasted

1 Like

My Battle.net app keeps doing this with world of warcraft. Iā€™ve tried the options, but it just keeps doing the same thing. Iā€™m sure this is on Blizzardā€™s end, as it asked for an update. I canā€™t play WoW at all, and although Iā€™m not freaking out on here like some, Iā€™d like to get into the game I have a subscription for. Iā€™m quite close to getting the end of the Rustbolt rep, and today is the last day of the Darkmoon Faire (which gives a rep boost, which will help.)

Please get this fixed soon, it is getting somewhat irritating. Thanks.

1 Like

Vengance, I love ya. Helped immensely. Massive thanks.

This worked perfectly for me. I suspect that Krossus is right, the 1KB data file is a corrupted download of some kind which made things run in a loop. Thanks a lot, I was getting rather frustrated.

For others: go to the game, data file, into the next data file. Look for any .data that is 1 KB. Delete it. Restart the Blizz App. Should help out.

1 Like

Broā€¦go read my earlier response and it will likely fix your problem.

1 Like

ive already tried that. i dont have any data files that small

1 Like

Vengence, Tq broā€¦ delete 1kbā€¦

2 Likes

This worked! Thank you!

2 Likes

@Blizzard. Give this person a medal!

2 Likes

Did you delete all the .idx files as well? Im surprised you havenā€™t been able to sort it out. Seems the 1-5 files that are wildly different in size from all the others has been the real culprit here for almost everyone.

1 Like