[Main Thread] MW 2 won't start (BLZBNTBNA00000012)

Same thing here man. I just wanna play the game. Payed 70 dollars to play it early just for it to not let me play it. If they don’t fix it soon I’m asking for my refund.

before any1 tried any of this like i did for 2 days now … THIS IS FOR AMD USERS , i just found out there is NO driver update on Radeons software not even optional and i found it manualy on AMD DRIVER SITE… there is an optional version there 22.10.3 and in release notes there is this msg "
AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.10.3 Release Notes
Article Number
RN-RAD-WIN-22-10-3
Highlights

Support for:
    Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® II
    Radeon™ Boost using Variable Rate Shading in Dying Light 2™

"

im having the issues were when i go to play online i get 13 fps. But when i play campaign it runs just fine

so i got it to launch after 14 hours of head smashing install and reinstall times.

its gunna sound like everyone else, but basically this is what i did (ik k series, 2080 super, 64g ram, aurous 390 board)

so i went through all steps i read till about 3/4 the way down the list.
head smash.
tryed the drivers for my gfx card (frankly up to date works for everything, this is a cop out)
then i did my bios, again, yes, again.

it worked. i used aurous’s settings and flashed to current boais and it launched.

that being said, i did 1. rename and move my folder and 2. did literally nothing else but update the game through battle net.

im aphaulled that i had to go through this level of intense game “fixing” to playa free game.

double and triple check everything guys, walk away for a bit ( i binged a new series of anime twice) and try again. i started at 1pm EST, its now 1am EST…

Just started having this issue and made a video explaining what I did that finally got the game to launch:

I am on an Intel 12900KS, with DDR5 MEM ,RTX 3090Ti , WIN10 latest updates

COD Warzone works good

COD MW2
I tried :
battlenet run as admin
game file run as admin
battlenet run user
game file run as user
uninstall / reinstall both game and battlenet client
Switched Win profiles
installed latest nvidia drivers

Windows Event Viewer Logs show the following 2 errors when trying to launch the game.

Faulting application name: bootstrapper.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x631a3d6f
Faulting module name: bootstrapper.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x631a3d6f
Exception code: 0xc000001d
Fault offset: 0x00000000000042bb
Faulting process id: 0x4ab8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8e615f281c6e6
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty_retail_\bootstrapper.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty_retail_\bootstrapper.exe
Report Id: 2369630c-f89d-46d6-96cb-3fecb62bd95f
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Windows cannot access the file for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program bootstrapper.exe because of this error.

Program: bootstrapper.exe
File:

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
User Action

Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
If the file still cannot be accessed and
It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.
Additional Data
Error value: 00000000
Disk type: 0

I preordered and still haven’t been able to play since beta. Looking into a full refund.

4 Likes

same thing here but can’t find any fixes, lmk if you find one homie

1 Like

I’m also having the same problem and have been waiting over 24hrs for a response and still no answer from the Blizzard team. I have also requested a refund. Let me know if you find a fix thanks.

1 Like

I am so frustrated that there isn’t a fix yet, I have scrolled through the forums to come up with nothing, and for some reason I can’t refund the game either

1 Like

I also spent all day trying to fix it yesterday to no avail. If you have requested a refund, you will not hear anything.

PLEASE, I have tried everything aswell, reinstalled drivers, windows, LITERALLY everything, can’t get this to work

1 Like

I have the same problem. Worst part is that support is nowhere to be found. Very dissapointing that they dont care about thier users.

3 Likes

also myself problem… we are all in the same situation.
I’ve tried everything, whatever I can think of!
Who knows if they will reply to the ticket…

1 Like

Also tried to get it to work all weekend. Still no luck. Baffling. blzbntbna00000012 is haunting my nightmares.

Same here! I pre -ordered and never got to play the Beta or now campaign! $75 down the drain. a digital paperweight now.

1 Like

I have found a fix I think, I reinstalled my BIOS firmware, there might be an option in the BIOS conflicting with the game. But after reinstalling the bios, my game will now launch. Hope this fixes it for everyone else aswell.

EDIT - After looking through the BIOS and doing some trial and error, I believe the issue is AVX in cpu settings, make sure its set to auto and not disabled, this it what did it for me.

1 Like

This worked for me. You were absolutely correct. thank you very much for fixing my struggle you legend.

1 Like

I tried this. I tried all the recommended fixes and tried both Auto and 0 for AVX setting. nothing. set a ticket with both activision and blizzard for this error over the weekend, ill let you guys know if a fix comes up.

still having this issue on my end… anyone ever get this fixed??

Still haven’t been able to find a solution. I’ve tried everything.

1 Like